Change font size   Print view

Post Your Trip Pics

Going on a surf trip? Just been on a trip? Need a travel buddy? Use this board to ask for travel advice, share stories...anything related to surf travel. Please remember, if you scored no one cares. If things went terribly wrong, this is far more interesting. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, brdsurf

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:42 pm

Have to chime in on this one....

You are correct FOTH....completely....I am a wave snob...and i am proud of it....
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby Doc » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:03 pm

It never ceases to amaze me what people are willing to paddle out into...I am sure there was talk of the "sick" pits or "tight" barrels they were pulling into tho...

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby transient » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:33 pm

I went to visit my brother in ft wayne, but i got off the bus somewhere and the sons of bitches wouldnt let me back on because maybe i had had one little drink near the airport a couple days earlier. ft wyane was pretty cool, theres a lot of snapper there mister, but i didnt think that i owuld end up stayin so fuckkin long, ya know, and so klrjgh[nvurvv
why lie? Need $ for beer.
transient
Mermaided

Postby Fish » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:46 pm

Wut up transident? welcome abroad.
Fish

Postby transient » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:57 pm

man., so like I hear you have a trailer and shitt? is it cool if i hang out? you got some beers?
why lie? Need $ for beer.
transient
Mermaided

Postby Fish » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:01 pm

Uhmmm, sorry, it's locked and I got a pit bull guarding it and the uhmm, and like the guy who owns the place has lots of guns............lots of big uhmm guns. And the roof leaks and the mold inside will make you get bronchitus. I"m actually going to tear it down like next week or something. because the local housing authority said that it call collapse any minute and is exceedingly dangerous to occupants. The propane leaks too and the beer is all gone. There are some pork rinds though.
Fish

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:20 am

transient wrote:man., so like I hear you have a trailer and shitt? is it cool if i hang out? you got some beers?

transient has probably already stayed there. :roll:

Postby Fish » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:39 am

i get teh feeling he has.
Fish

Postby Thrashador » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:31 am

Just returned from a wee visit to Van Island. Bouy report watchers predicted 5m swells for the day of our departure. Cox Bay went from a lake to a frothy corduroy cauldron in 6 hrs or so:

The same was for Chestermans though it didn't get nearly as intimidating as Cox Bay:

Apparently a bear was seen beachcombing:

We didn't spot the bear but we did see some territorial pissing:

I must admit that I dig the guy's font. One thing I wonder is why B.C. produces little beer of note? We tried some of the local brews and were unimpressed. We're definitely spoiled beerwise in Oregon I guess. My fave brew was from Quebec. It tasted great and packed a punch:

Thrashador
stinkbug stance? I walk this way!

Postby thurgood jenkins » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:52 am

If you want good Canadian Beer try the following:
Out of Quebec: La Fin Du Monde "The End of the world" 9 percent and it'll get you pissed in no time comes in 750 millimeter corked bottles also by the same company and in the same bottles is "Trois Pistoles" 8 percent alcohol means three pistols.
Theres gulf islands blackberry port, pricy but delicious,

Pretty much anuything by granville island breweries is good, my personal favorites are their maple cream ale, the pale ale, and the lager is alright.

In true Vancouver Island style there is Lucky Lager, the beer all the locals drink, it's similar to how you guys would view PBR but it's 5 percent alcohol so it doesn't taste like water.

Don't bother with Molson anything Canadian isn't even Canadian anymore since they merged with coors. As well Kokanee isn't too gret but better than Canadian and Pilsner is about the same level.

There's also Vancouver Island Breweries they make an irish style ale thats good and their l;ager is pretty decent as well.

If I think of anymore I'll let you know.

I hate American beer,t hough there are some goodies out of Portland, you guys in Port have the best beer I've had in the states. But the generic brands, miller,pbr, bud, coors, are all terrible they taste like water and you have to drink twice as much as ours to get pissed what is the alcohol by vloume anyways like 3.5 percent.

My favorite beer of all time is Faxe strong from my native Denmark, 8.4 percent comes in a half liter can for like 2 bucks two or three of those bad boys and you're doing swell. One time I drank 10 and I can't remember what happened but I do remember getting sick.
thurgood jenkins
flotsam

Postby erzats » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:04 am

Canadian beer sucks. None of the van breweries make anything with punch. Considering how much you guys ream on the quebecois, you should be ashamed that they crank out ten times the heftier beer than all your other nation's beers combined. Big Rock -- blah, granville --blah, sleemans -- refreshing but blah. Every time I shopped for beer whilst living there I had the hope that I'd be opening a case of something even close to a TG-IPA or an Obsidian Stout. Never. Watered down crap all. Seems that with a mean annual temperature far colder than anywhere in Oregon, your country should put out a better fermented beverage to stave off the cold climes (this goes for your wine, too, but you are excused for that lacking appropriate climates for growing the grapes).
erzats
core!

Postby thurgood jenkins » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:05 pm

Wine, we make lots of good wines from the okanagan region you should try them out, Mission hill is very tasty, Okanagan vineyards is also good bang for buck. We also have great icewine but ice wine is for fairys.
We rag on the quebecois like you guys rag on the french it's just what french people are made for, belittling.
If you love those croissant eating surrender monkies why don't you move there for a while. Percentage wise our beer is actually stronger than your's regular beer is 5 percent strong is 6 - 8 percent and light is 4 thats more than I can say for any generic brews of the US of A. Bick rock sucks, sleamans is a good sipping beer but too sweet.
Some other goodies, Nelson Brewing company oatmeal stout, I believe their lager is good as well. Big Rock's nasty. Grasshopper wheat ale is supposed to be good, but it's an aquired taste. I don't drink too much anymore though just a couple of beers here and there I prefer smoking herb it mellows me out and I can actually function unlike when I am a raging drunk. Besides every time I have gotten myself in serious trouble, alcohol has been involved. Herb just makes me want to chill on the couch watch surf vids and draw pictures.
thurgood jenkins
flotsam

Postby Fish » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:30 pm

croissant eating surrender monkeys! that is awesome!

Although, I do like the french. There would have been no USA without them.
Fish

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:54 pm

Those are my pork rinds.
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby Doc » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:12 pm

Kokanee

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

PreviousNext

Return to Road Trips