Change font size   Print view

California Surf Report

Going on a surf trip? Just been on a trip? Need a travel buddy? Use this board to ask for travel advice, share stories...anything related to surf travel. Please remember, if you scored no one cares. If things went terribly wrong, this is far more interesting. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, brdsurf

Postby Spent » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:25 pm

man, you should see some of the gay pride costumes, i've had to endure this week. outstanding stuff.

"hey pete, pete, do you like my pride costume?"

"holy christ, put that away... you've got to cover up a bit before i let you in."

"oh c'mon now, its pride week."

i've seen some things, let me tell you...
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby nm » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:49 pm

Spent wrote:man, you should see some of the gay pride costumes, i've had to endure this week. outstanding stuff.

"hey pete, pete, do you like my pride costume?"

"holy christ, put that away... you've got to cover up a bit before i let you in."

"oh c'mon now, its pride week."

i've seen some things, let me tell you...

sigh....

18 years.....i really miss that neighborhood.... :(
nm
somebody call my lawyer

Postby Snow2Sea » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:04 am

Debating a longboard purchase or a small sailboat (sunfish, hobie, laser) to get me through the summer spell...

Went out on a 14' sunfish last weekend in the bay and about shat myself I had so much damn fun. I want to own one of those and get that thing in the open ocean, straight flying..
Boardriding is about timing and style...It’s youthful, active, casual, and free flowing. There is no wrong way to ride a board. The goal is simply to learn, progress, improve, and give it your own interpretation.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby Dub Star » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Snow2Sea wrote:Debating a log purchase or a small sailboat (sunfish, hobie, laser) to get me through the summer spell...

Went out on a 14' sunfish last weekend in the bay and about shat myself I had so much damn fun. I want to own one of those and get that thing in the open ocean, straight flying..

Its not cracking down there on this south? Thinking Ponto lefts or A frames down at Blacks? I've got both good on small souths.

Well I know Santa Clause is roping it. God bless NorCal!
Dub Star

Postby Snow2Sea » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:24 pm

I'm just looking longer out into the real summer, past June Gloom which has given us a fun little SW to work with this week. Clean shoulder high's on the right tide and warm water, can't complain too much other than a nice fin gash behind the ear after a close-out turned into a nice chest bump to the sand.

Any of you ex-SD boys ever surf out in front of the Coast Guard station down by the tide pools in Point Loma? Access by boat only unless the park ranger will let you in with a board on your car? Was playing tour guide with some friends in town showing the view and saw some clean, pitchy waves out there with a couple boats anchored and about 6 guys sharing perfect lefts..
Boardriding is about timing and style...It’s youthful, active, casual, and free flowing. There is no wrong way to ride a board. The goal is simply to learn, progress, improve, and give it your own interpretation.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby Dub Star » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:38 pm

Get a boat and not a sunfish!

And a white board and black wetsuit.
Dub Star

Postby Snow2Sea » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:44 pm

Dub Star wrote:Get a boat and not a sunfish!

No doubt. The thing is though if I get a boat I want a decent sea worthy ol' vessel. Big enough to pack the bro's and the ho's; I was toying around in the $500-700 range for a new summer toy.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby jerichv » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:07 pm

great waves all week long down my part. 5'-6' with a lite crowd ( about 40 heads).
say it!
jerichv
"wall of fiberglass" refugee

Postby Gazsurf » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:01 pm

Watching the mayhem on the Malibu cam, seeing people taking out people on wave after wave......... welcome to midday summer sessions. :lol:
"I disagree with these experts. Someone has got to stand up to experts."

Texas Board of Education member McLeroy rejecting science over creationism.
Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

Postby Gazsurf » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:11 pm

Of course it's head high+ on sets, manslaughter might be acceptable.
"I disagree with these experts. Someone has got to stand up to experts."

Texas Board of Education member McLeroy rejecting science over creationism.
Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

Postby jerichv » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:26 pm

lol Gaz. I saw probably the funniest thing last week. a guy launched off his board and jumped kick the guy who dropped in on him square on his back. i was on the inside paddling out again and had to dodge both their boards. luckily me and my board came out unharmed. :roll:
say it!
jerichv

Postby jerichv » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:28 pm

Sarlo is probably the only guy who does'nt get dropped in on. Its like some unspoken rule.
say it!
jerichv

Postby Snow2Sea » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:11 pm

Haha I'm not sure if that cam is manually operated but every time 30 guys jump on a wave it zooms in for some up close and personal carnage!
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby Friend Of The Hawk » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:44 pm

Bored are we Gaz.......... :cry:
Snow&Pea go back to Kansas and stay out of Point Loma... :shock:
If we can't be free, at least we can be cheap.....
Friend Of The Hawk
coffee WAS my drug of choice

Postby Snow2Sea » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:58 pm

Friend Of The Hawk wrote:Snow&Pea go back to Kansas and stay out of Point Loma... :shock:

It's Oregon dick-wad and I'll save the gas money. The point's all yours brahhh.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

PreviousNext

Return to Road Trips