Change font size   Print view

California Surf Report

Going on a surf trip? Just been on a trip? Need a travel buddy? Use this board to ask for travel advice, share stories...anything related to surf travel. Please remember, if you scored no one cares. If things went terribly wrong, this is far more interesting. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, brdsurf

California Surf Report

Postby Dub Star » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:12 am

For all of you Snow Birds.
Dub Star

Postby Dub Star » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:31 am

This was about 4 years ago around this time, NorCalish, but not the Crust. Mid winter and the sand bars were set the best they had been in years. A high was parked over Idaho, and every day was offshore in the AM glass in the PM. Surfed for 2 1/2 weeks straight. Fuk that was a good year, I'd bike down suit up in the showers and surf before and after work. I had 183 days that year.

Another beach break to the north from around the same time. Told my boss I had a "board meeting" and went up for a mid day sheshie. It was a 7-0 day.

I went back for a visit and a job interview about 3 years ago a litel south of my old stomping grounds. This is a funny shot.

Nother cool one

[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/

Since then I havent been back, to the northern part. To many places to explore here in the PNW when it get big and stormy. Or better yet get on a plane and go see my Kuaui boys. Still Cali's always a cool place to check out, no doubt.
Dub Star

Postby pickleweed » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:31 pm

Eddie Would Go
pickleweed

Postby bluesilver » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:48 pm

vetter?
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby pickleweed » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:14 pm

Yes.
pickleweed

Postby Dub Star » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:05 pm

bluesilver wrote:vetter?

pickleweed wrote:Yes.

Only if Slater goes too.

Dub Star

Postby King of El Cariso » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:12 pm

Did you do this because of me.... Since it is a cal report, me at the lane this afternoon... from way outside to cowels... fun... big.sorta... I'm here till fri, come down the waters fine....
King of El Cariso

Postby Dub Star » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:24 pm

Been there done that, but nice! Bout time they got some swell, buddies down there have been whining...... But thier prob stoked now that schools back in session.

Define way outside though. Indicators, Middles, the Slot. Used to love those that went from Middles thru the Indicator just past the stars. Usually happens later thou closer to spring, when the sand fills in more.

Have fun and doubt I'll be down there to soon unless someone pays for my trip, which could happen actually. Sholud be waves here in a few days. Maybe I'll make it to the GBO thou. ____ _________ should be good this week. Peace-
Dub Star

Postby King of El Cariso » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:44 pm

I have not been in the water here since I was about 13... I was sitting off to open water side past where the guys jump off the end rock, past the light house.... It was a big peak that would shift over to the bay side further out and over than the main peak... It was fun but I did have a few oh $hitt moments when the thing didn't back down... I'll know forsure where I'm surfing once my bro get in town, he surfs here alot... If you make it to gb, ya know at least two places that could be rollen, good hunting... I can't help but feel like this is some sort of surfers d land, maybe it's the roller coasters?
King of El Cariso

Postby pickleweed » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:44 pm

I wonder if Eddie Vedder ever surfed WP, or SS

It's funny, I and Kurts path kept crossing as I was growng up, but it's a small town so....

Dub Star wrote:
bluesilver wrote:vetter?

pickleweed wrote:Yes.

Only if Slater goes too.

pickleweed

Postby Dub Star » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Nah Eddie never surfed the PNW, he's a SD wussy who transplanted himself to Seattle at the right time. Besdies ever seen the guy surf, stiiiiinky!

King have fun and keep us posted! And maybe you'll take me fishin when I do make it down there?
Dub Star

Postby Doc » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:11 pm

Vedder is alum of The San Dieguito High School...if I am not mistaken.

An excellent high school...I ditched many, many classes there in the 70's to go surfing.

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby nm » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:32 pm

Dub Star wrote:Nah Eddie never surfed the PNW, he's a SD Chi Chi who transplanted himself to Seattle at the right time. Besdies ever seen the guy surf, stiiiiinky!

Who gives a rat's azz.

Eddie can be my board betty....

....and have my babies. :shock:
nm
somebody call my lawyer

Postby grizldoldfk » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:01 pm

looks like him and slates have other plans honey.
grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Postby Dub Star » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:02 pm

Slaters hot, Vedders is not. And that scragley mofo cant sing for dick.

He may be a alum of The San Dieguito High School, but I doubt he surfed all that much. Doc you obviuosly spent more time surfing, ever seen the guy surf, he sucks. He's just another Y2K'er like em all. Started surfing after 2000 cause surfings so coooooool dude.
Dub Star

Next

Return to Road Trips