Change font size   Print view

California Surf Report

Going on a surf trip? Just been on a trip? Need a travel buddy? Use this board to ask for travel advice, share stories...anything related to surf travel. Please remember, if you scored no one cares. If things went terribly wrong, this is far more interesting. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, brdsurf

Postby jerichv » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:43 pm

greater part of three weeks flat down here. too much driving from spot to spot just to sit in the car pondering if i should suit up. oh well. The BUZZ is out for this weekend though. prepare yourself for the mahem snowSea, lappis.
say it!
jerichv
"wall of fiberglass" refugee

Postby Snow2Sea » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:38 pm

Patiently awaitng...I'm staying put for the 3-day weekend break though and will take whatever the reef break down the road can throw at me.

Has anyone else seen the models for what's about to hit Hawaii here in a few days?! Stoked to see some footage of that!
Boardriding is about timing and style...It’s youthful, active, casual, and free flowing. There is no wrong way to ride a board. The goal is simply to learn, progress, improve, and give it your own interpretation.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby lappis89 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:05 pm

AAH $hit.

ITS A 3 DAY WEEKEND?

ON THE MOST OVERHYPED SWELL OF THE YEAR ( only to be outdone by every swell hereafter)?

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
"We'll get him when he comes back in!" . . . .
"He's not coming back."
lappis89
Am I addicted to this?

Postby jerichv » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:11 pm

Lappis, I'll be up your way to join the ZOONESS.
say it!
jerichv

Postby lappis89 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:20 pm

Jerich,

Be prepared for extreme zooness.

Also remember the few hundred animals who are being let out of their cage this weekend will not be able to go to rincon due to the contest.

So they will spill over elsewhere.....

Where will I be?

Probably waiting to surf until Sunday, unless its worthwhile near home saturday.
"He's not coming back."
lappis89
Am I addicted to this?

Postby Snow2Sea » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:10 pm

Lunchtime session, or lack there of, at O-Side Pier. So small and powerless. Needed a 9'0 or bigger. Working on that sweet tan though.
Boardriding is about timing and style...It’s youthful, active, casual, and free flowing. There is no wrong way to ride a board. The goal is simply to learn, progress, improve, and give it your own interpretation.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby lappis89 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:57 am

We've had some fun (not huge, not epic) waves the past two days, but as I predicted....pretty zoo'd.

Swell is predicted to have a little bump tomorrow and a change to a more westerly direction. Next two days should be better... (fingers crossed, knocking on wood).
"He's not coming back."
lappis89
Am I addicted to this?

Postby Dub Star » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:57 am

So glad they dont do chit like this up here:

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/solid ... /photos/1/

Jah bless Oregon.
Dub Star

Postby jerichv » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:48 pm

im just happy i got waves. drove past sunset on the way home and there must have been 150 peeps out. everyone must have been itchin surf.
say it!
jerichv

Postby lappis89 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:22 pm

Caught fun waist to chest (and maybe a plus set or two) shallow, right handed peelers today. Only two others out. Having that knowledge of the local breaks can still pay off down here.
"He's not coming back."
lappis89
Am I addicted to this?

Postby Snow2Sea » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:32 am

Last weekend was fun to say the least. First time I've been out three days straight in a while. I saw some shore breaks down in SD county that looked like death barrels. 400 yd - 8 ft closeouts. WnS was as good as I've had it. Lefts and rights all day. Stopped by Monday evening with the pup and saw Simon's coming alive out past the lineup. Easily 2OH.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby Snow2Sea » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:30 pm

Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby Snow2Sea » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:57 pm

New slight swell and going to be poop in the water after our nice little rain today. Sh*t.. Sh*t.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby jerichv » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:14 pm

swallow lots of water.
its good for ya
say it!
jerichv

Postby lappis89 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:17 am

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

It's flat. Starting to go crazy.
"He's not coming back."
lappis89
Am I addicted to this?

PreviousNext

Return to Road Trips