Change font size   Print view

California Surf Report

Going on a surf trip? Just been on a trip? Need a travel buddy? Use this board to ask for travel advice, share stories...anything related to surf travel. Please remember, if you scored no one cares. If things went terribly wrong, this is far more interesting. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, brdsurf

Postby Snow2Sea » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:06 am

It's going to be a fun week...wind dying down and waves building. Sunday at CP was a blast, showing 5/6 ft faces with just enough time to have some fun on them before they exploded.
Boardriding is about timing and style...It’s youthful, active, casual, and free flowing. There is no wrong way to ride a board. The goal is simply to learn, progress, improve, and give it your own interpretation.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby King of El Cariso » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:49 am

Got the phone call this morning, funeral on monday down in oc... Plan on bringing more than one black suit...
King of El Cariso

Postby King of El Cariso » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:48 pm

Rolled into Laguna Niguel around 245am today... Went down to creek, hit gravels area for a slam fest.... You people are week down here, trunks and sleves was all it took surounded by full suits and bootys in the sunshine.... I saw one guy start to walk in to trunk it and ran back to get his full suit... My God, what has the pnw done to me....
King of El Cariso

Postby King of El Cariso » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:32 pm

Went to uppers Sunday, closer to barb wire was better. Good just to get wet and sit in the sun watching the show... Grabed some grub from pedros, best part of the day....
King of El Cariso

Postby Snow2Sea » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:25 am

The velcro strip on the top-entry Bong Solution suits is legit. Destroyed the right chest region on my full suit after a graceful parking lot exit. Not getting a new one until fall. I'm going to choke on my balls this afternoon I'm sure.
Boardriding is about timing and style...It’s youthful, active, casual, and free flowing. There is no wrong way to ride a board. The goal is simply to learn, progress, improve, and give it your own interpretation.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby King of El Cariso » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:01 am

The pain went away as soon as the balls went numb... Maybe a 3mill merkin would be in order for current h20 temps....
King of El Cariso

Postby Snow2Sea » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:31 am

Finally some decent swell period. This SSW is a little too steep for most of SD, but it was fun as hell last PM if you could find the right exposed breaks. Should be good through the weekend and then some if lucky.

Anyone up in the OC or parts of LA that's getting some fun out of it?
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby Dano » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:27 pm

Snow2Sea wrote:Finally some decent swell period. This SSW is a little too steep for most of SD, but it was fun as hell last PM if you could find the right exposed breaks. Should be good through the weekend and then some if lucky.

Anyone up in the OC or parts of LA that's getting some fun out of it?

I bet Oceanside is fun right now
humbled!
Dano
leashless is no way to go through life

Postby Dub Star » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:25 pm

Damn, looks nice.

http://www.surfline.com/surfnews/photo_ ... m?id=26193

Mostly Cali, but good swell to be somewhere in Central America posted.
Dub Star

Postby lappis89 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:07 am

Kind of sad that this most recent swell was larger then all but maybe a couple swells we had all winter...
"We'll get him when he comes back in!" . . . .
"He's not coming back."
lappis89
Am I addicted to this?

Postby Dub Star » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:51 am

Well there's always next winter and in the mean time take a good trip.
Dub Star

Postby jerichv » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:57 pm

That was a long lived S swell. Very fun in the LA county.
say it!
jerichv
"wall of fiberglass" refugee

Postby Snow2Sea » Tue May 05, 2009 10:43 am

Gearing up to be an interesting week!
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby Dub Star » Wed May 06, 2009 12:56 pm

For all of you that like to make the long drive to Santa Cruz on occasion, this week was the week. Solid west with a south filling in behind. Winter spots and summer spots firing simultaneously and tolerable crowds. I know cause I'm getting tortured with daily reports.
Dub Star

Postby Snow2Sea » Thu May 07, 2009 10:55 am

It's been fun in the whale's vagina with this swell mix; warmer water and some decent size and push. If there was a little more swell period it'd be perfect spring surf. Nothing like a good surf on Cinco de Mayo followed by a walk home with a warm tequila filled nalgene ;)
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

PreviousNext

Return to Road Trips