Change font size   Print view

California Surf Report

Going on a surf trip? Just been on a trip? Need a travel buddy? Use this board to ask for travel advice, share stories...anything related to surf travel. Please remember, if you scored no one cares. If things went terribly wrong, this is far more interesting. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, brdsurf

Postby jerichv » Tue May 12, 2009 2:43 pm

what happene to the waves?
say it!
jerichv
"wall of fiberglass" refugee

Postby Snow2Sea » Thu May 28, 2009 10:47 am

It's a f*cking lake out there lately! Kayaking/fishing in the lagoon has taken over the evenings..
Boardriding is about timing and style...It’s youthful, active, casual, and free flowing. There is no wrong way to ride a board. The goal is simply to learn, progress, improve, and give it your own interpretation.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby jerichv » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:04 pm

i got sick from surfing last week most likely from the rain. i did'nt think it rained that much but that just tells you how f-in dirty this place is. Snow, did you get sick from the water last week.
say it!
jerichv

Postby clint jones » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:50 pm

Funny you should say that...I surfed a couple days last week. Once at Rincon and once at C-Street. My ears got a little clogged and felt like I was heading towards a sickness, but then I rallyed. Probably some poo in the water. It's a small price to pay.
clint jones
surfing improved my love life

Postby Snow2Sea » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:54 am

Luckily no, but a good friend of mine has been learning to surf at Tourmo and Mission, hitting it up after work every day no matter what the conditions. He was out of commission all this past weekend with flu-like symptoms and not being accustomed yet to the water/germs down here, I'm sure that's what got him.

Add a little rain and East Valley run-off with some S/SW swell pushing up some delicious Tijuana slough water and we're surfing in the Willamette (or worse?).

Hope you're feeling better!
Boardriding is about timing and style...It’s youthful, active, casual, and free flowing. There is no wrong way to ride a board. The goal is simply to learn, progress, improve, and give it your own interpretation.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby Dub Star » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:56 am

You guys should just move back up here. Honestly summer is just like Cali man with cleaner water. The sun is out, you can surf with a 100 of your best frineds, even trunk it! It's rad minus the right points ofcourse.
Dub Star

Postby Doc » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:35 am

You can only trunk it if you're as fat as I am...
You low body fat types are outta luck...
I recommend a steady diet of beers & extra meals...
Don't forget, eat...even if you aren't hungry.

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby jerichv » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:03 pm

thanx snow, i went out last night for a quick one but still felt pretty crapy. i feel like i should get over it this week i hope.
clint, nice on getting rincon so late in the season.
say it!
jerichv

Postby Snow2Sea » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:10 pm

Winters in SD, summers in OR.

Sign me up.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby Dub Star » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:58 am

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/timmy ... m_27039/1/

God I miss it. The spot "they found" I used to surf every now and again just a 10 minute drive from my house. Rad beach despite the naked gay dudes. Always some punchy ramps too. And there were never more then a few heads on it, usually just you and whomever you rallyed down with.

People like to think Cali is crowded, but I used to marvel at the lack of crowds and the amont of waves to be had in the norther reaches. Espeically considering my last few session here, with at least 20 heads in the water. Wish the majority of Oregon beaches were steep like that. Common economy time to rally again! I want out!
Dub Star

Postby Snow2Sea » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:58 am

Waist-high sloppy joe's this morning, but any morning I can wake up and get in water that feels 10 degrees warmer than the air I'm a happy dude.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby Spent » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:48 am

Dub Star wrote:http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/timmy-curran-benny-b--keith-malloy-take-the-train-to-norcal-for-josh-landans-new-film_27039/1/

!

That was a cool feature but as you said, its not like they discovered the spot and its not like they are the first ones to do a surf trip by train...

Some of us have had use trains by neccesity not novelty. I spent a couple of years hopping trains with my board, cramming my 6'4" into the toilet to hide from the inspector.

Not to mention a north Spain trip that involved, trains, ferries, buses and subways with surfboard, skateboard and camping gear- Jesus that was a challange but well worth it. In some ways that was my best trip.

Ever tried to ride the London Tube with a surfboard? People are not stoked for you. I once had to let three trains pass me by b/c there was no room for my board.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby Dub Star » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:14 pm

Or the time you and your buddy Bruce rode the train through France wearing your Speedos and carying swim fins.
Dub Star

Postby Spent » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:19 pm

i'm stoked you remember that.

i lost those speedos at shorties. waiting for my mother-in-law to pick me up a new pair. is that wrong?
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby pra_ggresion » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:22 pm

Speedos are alright cause of Michael Phelps, but if she were to pick you up a mankini, it'd be wierd.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion
I post better than I surf

PreviousNext

Return to Road Trips