Change font size   Print view

California Surf Report

Going on a surf trip? Just been on a trip? Need a travel buddy? Use this board to ask for travel advice, share stories...anything related to surf travel. Please remember, if you scored no one cares. If things went terribly wrong, this is far more interesting. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, brdsurf

Postby Gazsurf » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:03 pm

Snow2Sea wrote:
Friend Of The Hawk wrote:Snow&Pea go back to Kansas and stay out of Point Loma... :shock:

It's Oregon dick-wad and I'll save the gas money. The point's all yours brahhh.

:lol: :lol:
"I disagree with these experts. Someone has got to stand up to experts."

Texas Board of Education member McLeroy rejecting science over creationism.
Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

Postby Gazsurf » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:04 pm

Friend Of The Hawk wrote:Bored are we Gaz.......... :cry:
Snow&Pea go back to Kansas and stay out of Point Loma... :shock:

Naah, just between waves and fish......

Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

Postby Friend Of The Hawk » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:26 pm

Snowpea......
You Asked......... :lol:
And that's Mr. Dick Wad........ :wink:
If we can't be free, at least we can be cheap.....
Friend Of The Hawk
coffee WAS my drug of choice

Postby Doc » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:03 pm

Point in summer...
Pretty much all yours.

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby Dano » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:12 am

Friend Of The Hawk wrote:Bored are we Gaz.......... :cry:
Snow&Pea go back to Kansas and stay out of Point Loma... :shock:

wait, are you from Hawaii?
humbled!
Dano
leashless is no way to go through life

Postby Snow2Sea » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:15 am

Went out to flat and pure glass last night. Luckily I was in Mission Bay and wake boarding so the conditions were perfect! Tore the bejezus out of my right knee, sore as a a mother f*cker today

Next time we're out I'm going to give wake surfing a shot. Nothing like endless 2ft shoulders brah!

Boardriding is about timing and style...It’s youthful, active, casual, and free flowing. There is no wrong way to ride a board. The goal is simply to learn, progress, improve, and give it your own interpretation.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby Dub Star » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:54 pm

Wake skating pretty fun too.
Dub Star

Postby Snow2Sea » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:04 am

Trunked it in the sun on a Sunday evening. Stoked.
Boardriding is about timing and style...It’s youthful, active, casual, and free flowing. There is no wrong way to ride a board. The goal is simply to learn, progress, improve, and give it your own interpretation.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby Snow2Sea » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:10 am

Been pumping it down the line like I was watching Original Sin w/ Angelina Jolie for the first time.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby Ceedog » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:59 pm

Surfed there(CA) one time and it sucked, water was warm and brown. And everybody was wearing those gay visor hat deals out in the water. A few were talking loudly on cell phones and a speedo clad sup'er on a hot pink board was paddling around taunting everyone. The sun turned red at 2pm and I shared every wave with, at least, 3 other riders on every surf riding device imaginable.
Carbon credits, brought to you by Enron. PM for quotes.
Ceedog
Jetsam

Postby Snow2Sea » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:44 am

Plans to hijack a bud's campsite there this weekend..

SUP Shark Encounter at San Onofre
July 13, 2009
PRESS RELEASE

San Onofre State Beach -- On July 11, 2009 Brian Hovnanian and companion Lance E. were Stand Up Paddleboarding at the reef South of Dog Patch, San Onofre State Beach. It was 8:30 AM and they had been on the water 1.5 hours. It was sunny with little or no wind and an air temperature in the low-70s Fahrenheit. The ocean was calm and glassy with water visibility 4 - 5 feet and a temperature in the upper-60s Fahrenheit. They were about 50 yards from shore over water about 6 feet deep with a sandy, rocky bottom. No marine mammals were observed in the area. Hovnanian reported: "I was paddle surfing at the reef South of Dog Patch, with one other paddle surfer, Lance E. I have had many shark sittings of 5' to 6' sharks jumping all of the way out of the water at this same place for the last 2 months, as I paddle surf their a couple times a week. I had not seen any today and did not see this one coming. We both had just ridden waves in from a nice set. As I was paddling out, my friend was paddling about 30 feet behind me when all of a sudden it felt like something hit the back of my SUP, then slammed into the back of my left calf, forcing me to lose my balance and I feel backwards. The shark was now on top of my SUP and I was lying backwards on top of the shark, as it was on my board. The shark slithered off the board back into the water. This all happened so fast, and I believe when I fell on the shark, it scared it and it tried to get away from the board and me. I still had my paddle in my hand, jumped to my feet on my board and looked at my leg, to notice nothing had happened to my body or board. By now my friend had paddled quickly to me and could not believe what he had just seen right in front of him. He made sure I was OK, luckily I was, then we paddled back out to the line-up and caught a wave from the next set and paddled in thinking how lucky I was. I'm not sure what kind of shark it was, but it did have a gray back and white underside and was about 5 feet in length. It might have been a Mako or White Shark." By definition an unprovoked shark attack is "any physical contact between a shark and human, or piece of equipment being utilized by a human, without any know provocative action by the subject which might cause the shark to strike out." This is the second authenticated unprovoked shark attack for 2009 from the Pacific Coast of North America. Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby Snow2Sea » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:45 am

[/i]Public Safety Alert on Strong South Swell for CA 7/23-7/26
Posted: 07/21/09 | Views: 788

STRONG SOUTH SWELL TO GENERATE LARGE SURF AND VERY DANGEROUS CONDITIONS
THURSDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY (7/23RD-26TH)

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA: Strong 5-8' surf (face height) in South facing areas Thursday afternoon through Saturday.

Maximum surf 10-12'+, Wedge 20'+. Hurley US Open at Huntington Pier: 8-12 feet Friday and Saturday

:P
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby Gazsurf » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:54 am

f@#K you s2sea

http://server5.ipcamhost.com//players/f ... player.swf

f@#K you jerch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

Postby Friend Of The Hawk » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:26 pm

Next stop the Del Mar Fair!! Yaaaaaa whoooooooo.... :roll:
If we can't be free, at least we can be cheap.....
Friend Of The Hawk
coffee WAS my drug of choice

Postby Gazsurf » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:30 pm

Good afternoon evening session in zoolland...... overhead solid long rides and rippers out......

Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

PreviousNext

Return to Road Trips