Change font size   Print view

Anyone looking for a room in Nosara for the month of Jan?

Going on a surf trip? Just been on a trip? Need a travel buddy? Use this board to ask for travel advice, share stories...anything related to surf travel. Please remember, if you scored no one cares. If things went terribly wrong, this is far more interesting. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, brdsurf

Anyone looking for a room in Nosara for the month of Jan?

Postby Roner » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:48 pm

I've got a line on a very nice place that I've already rented for Feb. and will rent for Jan. as well if I can find a roommate or two. It's in the Nosara area of Costa Rica right on Playa Guiones.

Here's the details:

This private home is situated near the beach path of the Harmony Hotel has its property line ending right at the 200 meter mark. What that means in a nutshell, is that you're right at the beach. Not to mention that while this home has fantastic privacy due to all of the exotic tree varieties on the property, you're walking distance to almost everything in town. Bars, restaurants, the mini-super, video rental, internet cafes and shops.

Two story home. Three bedroom, three bathroom set up. Large upstairs balcony, living room area and kitchen in the downstairs. Concrete construction. Oversized lot w/ 1,599 square meters. Home is 1,950 square feet.

The house also has WI-FI so if you need to work (as I'll be doing) it can be done from the house.

PM me if you're interested.

You can see some images of the house here: http://portlandsurf.com/beach_house/
Roner
Mermaided

Postby wanty » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:15 pm

that is very cool man. i spent a few days at that beach, and it was by far my fav. I would love to try and do something like that but i'd have to quit my job. how much does the place rent for?
wanty
Site Admin

Postby Roner » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:08 pm

I think he usually rents by the week for around 800 (maybe more?). But I got the place much much cheaper by the month. I think he likes the idea of not having find renters and just deal with one person.

If I split it with someone it would be around 800 each for the entire month. Split it three ways and it would be only 500-600 for entire month. It's really a steal. There's something to surf everyday at this beach. It's might not be the best wave in CR, but it's likely the most consistent. There's also other waves in the area.

I have to buy my airfare soon, so unless I get someone to sign on, I likely pass for Jan...bummer.

If you know someone, spread the word. Thanks for looking.
Roner
Mermaided

Postby Dub Star » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:34 am

Damn. Your work set up sounds sick. Surfed there once and it was pretty fun.

Shitt I may be up for 2 weeks. Need to get out of this rainy cVnt hole
Dub Star

Postby Roner » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:01 am

My work set-up is cool if you don't mind no raises for 2 years, no health insurance, paid vacation and can handle anal retentive cyclists.

But yeah, as long as I'm in US time zones, it doesn't really matter where I'm at.

If you're really interested let me know. I can't stall much more than a week on this due to airfare and the owner wanting to know my plans.

If you need more info, feel free to ask.

This winter is already killing me, someone come rent for Jan.!
Roner
Mermaided

Postby WC » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:47 pm

this is fast becoming my favorite osp thread
Save the Seagulls.
WC
duck diving fool

Postby Gazsurf » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:35 pm

No surf so far huh?
"I disagree with these experts. Someone has got to stand up to experts."

Texas Board of Education member McLeroy rejecting science over creationism.
Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

Postby WC » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:56 pm

2 sessions most days, at least one everyday so far. it's been kinda small, occasionally windy, unsurfable only once or twice in the afternoon.
some real pumping swell is on the way for this weekend though!
and loving the warm water (it's my first time in warm water)

http://magicseaweed.com/Nosara-Surf-Report/445/
Save the Seagulls.
WC
duck diving fool

Postby wanty » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:10 am

every morning when i would wake up at guiones it would be glass. i was getting up at 5 am and heading down there for get it glassy. it would always gets windy in the afternoon. get some pics up!
wanty
Site Admin

Postby WC » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:25 am

yea, this place is really nice...the location, the people, the waves, the fruit truck, the food, the water, the weather, the quiet, the vibe, the lack of pavement....the list goes on and on

one more week to soak it in...
Save the Seagulls.
WC
duck diving fool

Re: Anyone looking for a room in Nosara for the month of Jan

Postby moregon » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:28 pm

great spot.
sixty percent of the time it works everytime.
moregon
Yay, I know the OSP fight song!

Return to Road Trips