Change font size   Print view

Bedroom for Rent Guiones Beach, Nosara, Costa Rica (Dec-Feb)

Going on a surf trip? Just been on a trip? Need a travel buddy? Use this board to ask for travel advice, share stories...anything related to surf travel. Please remember, if you scored no one cares. If things went terribly wrong, this is far more interesting. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, brdsurf

Bedroom for Rent Guiones Beach, Nosara, Costa Rica (Dec-Feb)

Postby WC » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:54 pm

--
Last edited by WC on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Save the Seagulls.
WC
duck diving fool

Re: Bedroom for Rent Guiones Beach, Nosara, Costa Rica (Dec-

Postby WC » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:58 pm

-
Last edited by WC on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Save the Seagulls.
WC
duck diving fool

Postby WC » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:31 pm

I got a place for this next winter.
from January 7th-March 7th 2013
1300/month/bedroom-king sized bed, ac, private bathroom, full kitchen, *private* pool, walking to everything
700/two weeks
Really nice place, located right near Juan surfo's
Photos and more about the place:
http://www.nosarapropertymanagement.com ... a-sencilla

contact me, preferably not here if you want a quick response.
pondcrab@yahoo.com
Save the Seagulls.
WC
duck diving fool

Postby wanty » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:06 pm

WHATS UP with airfare down to CR nowadays? its ridiculous i cant find a flight under 700 bucks into LIR...

any good deals out there?
wanty
Site Admin

Postby Bubalus » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:55 am

as a side note:

I am headed to CR for three weeks next Dec/Jan and have yet to make any reservations. I was thinking of posting up in Tamarindo. I've never been to CR, any tips or advice would be appreciated. Whats da scoops?
Bubalus
the surfing sahib

Postby wanty » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:17 pm

my tip is go south of tamarindo...

nosara is nice..

or go north of tamarindo (witches rock etc)
wanty
Site Admin

Postby MC » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:17 pm

yeah. f*** tamarindo. i'll never set foot in that zone again. been twice. last time we were there we had all of our things stolen besides what we had on us. i flew home to the states 10 days early with nothing but the clothes on my back. bastards got us for everything. no fun.

if i was to go back to costa rica i'd stay longer in pavones, dominical (probably the best beach break i've ever surfed), mal pais and santa teresa. we were on our way to nosara when our stuff got jacked. never been there, but i hear it's pretty cool.
60% of the time, it works every time.
MC
I Macarena in my wetsuit

Postby MC » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:20 pm

oh yes, and of course boat trips to witches/ollies. never got around to that either, but i'd imagine it's pretty awesome. especially if it's good. costa is rad. i just left it on bad terms last time. i'd rather go to panama or nicaragua. just make sure you never leave somebody that has never been there in charge of the vehicle. my buddy left the car for as long as it took him to take a piss. he came back and everything was gone. blah blah blah. go. have fun. it's a great place.
MC
I Macarena in my wetsuit

Postby Doc » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:26 pm

When we travelled in Mex way back...70's & 80's...and were in sketchy areas we always took parts off the engine anytime we were away from our vehicle...distributor cap, battery cable, etc. Of course back then we didn't really have much worth stealing and it was pretty relaxing worrrying about getting robbed versus getting killed and your head chopped off.

Disclaimer: Haven't travelled in Mex since the early 90's...but doubt I'll ever do a road trip like I used to. Too many risks and too much to lose now. More likely package deals and resorty/surf camp type deals if i ever get back.

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby MC » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:56 pm

doc, my friend, you'd be good anywhere south of san quintin. all that sh!t you spoke of is border type of stuff. at least in my two handfuls of trips down there the only place i have ever, ever felt uncomfortable is the border zone: tijuana to ensenada.

sh!t. all this baja talk is making me antsy. got a trip planned for early 2013. i'm going to nerd out on my zone now. thanks for the inspiration.

now, back to costa rica:

GO!
MC
I Macarena in my wetsuit

Postby Tex » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:47 pm

Two years ago I did the Witch's Rock Surf Camp....last trip I did with my brother Benny before he passed.

If you treat the guides with respect you get to go to different places. My brother and I tipped the shite out of the boat guides and we got hooked up really well.

The guys on our trip from CA were absolute dicks and shite talked the guides....they got taken to beach breaks that were packed. We got remote point and cloud breaks that were empty.

Witch's rock is nuts....long @ss boat ride for sure but worth it. Paddling in from the water was insane, boat driver dropped anchor, told us to get out....we start paddling toward the beach and all of a sudden these sets start marching through....waves were large but mellow, so we surfed there for about three hours.

From there we motored over to Ollies...classic point wave, I got three amazing rights until we were chased out of the water by a freakin large grand cayman which live in the estuary. My brother wouldnt get out, last one in the water....he knew that was not the way he was going out I guess.

Motoring back, we got caught in a storm and the engine went out three times. I didnt think surfer's got seasick but a couple were hurling in the back of the boat.

Long story short, those two breaks are insane and very much worth the time and effort to get there.

I actually got great waves in Jaco too back in 97.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby Doc » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:54 pm

I think it was the whole getting shot at thing that soured me on Baja...haven't been back since. And it was deep, at least 1/2 way down the cape. At least the bullet holes were only in the trunk of the car and not my body!

Then some friends of mine had a similar experience a few years later just prior to 2000 where they were robbed at a pretty remote break by 4 armed dudes...took everything...cars, boards, money, papers...they walked to the town which was about 3 hours away and were able to get in contact with someone who came through for them. My buddy said he thought he was going to be executed...on his knees with a gun on the back of his head...lame.

Doc
Doc

Postby MC » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:15 pm

holy sh!t.

heavy.
MC
I Macarena in my wetsuit

Postby wanty » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:24 am

ive always dreamed of a baja roadie, but stories like that just ruin it! i'd have to be packing heat if i were to do it.

pretty stoked for a so cal trip this month though! :D
wanty
Site Admin

Postby Doc » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:18 am

All that said...I still have friends that road trip every year without incident. So there's that.

Doc
Doc

Next

Return to Road Trips