Change font size   Print view

Northern Peru in January?

Going on a surf trip? Just been on a trip? Need a travel buddy? Use this board to ask for travel advice, share stories...anything related to surf travel. Please remember, if you scored no one cares. If things went terribly wrong, this is far more interesting. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, brdsurf

Northern Peru in January?

Postby ghastlysurfer » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:47 am

Anyone been around Mancora/Lobitos in January? From what I've read it picks up North swells pretty well, but maybe a little inconsistent? Just wondering if I'm going to get stuck with any flat spells that time of year. Magic Seaweed's seasonal data looks promising, but not sure how much I trust it: http://magicseaweed.com/spot-seasonal-o ... spotId=926
ghastlysurfer
Mermaided

Re: Northern Peru in January?

Postby Paul Dresman » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:22 pm

I too have planned a journey for the upcoming year in that vicinity, probably February, and, in thinking about it, I realized that the frequency of NW /W swells there would be much like south swells here in our summer. Sometimes you hit it and sometimes you don't, but, since you can drop around the corner of Cape Blanco to those south swell lefts in northern Peru, you might find some further surf if the NW/W fails--if any south appears at that time of year. If you hear anything more specifically, I'd like to know.
Paul Dresman
secret spots are my forte

Postby grizldoldfk » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:45 pm

extraordinary use of the comma there professor. thanks for bringin' it back. i've always appreciated a good comma. have a great trip!
grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Postby redalert » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:07 am

grizldoldfk wrote:extraordinary use of the comma there professor. thanks for bringin' it back. i've always appreciated a good comma. have a great trip!

I've always been a fan of the parenthesis (myself).
I digress
redalert
cross stepping..... stumble bum

Postby Doc » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:04 pm

I think you all know what I like...
Punctuation-wise.

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Return to Road Trips