Change font size   Print view

maui during spring break

Going on a surf trip? Just been on a trip? Need a travel buddy? Use this board to ask for travel advice, share stories...anything related to surf travel. Please remember, if you scored no one cares. If things went terribly wrong, this is far more interesting. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, brdsurf

maui during spring break

Postby Sparky » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:35 pm

So my son is now stationed in Hawaii which gives me 2 reasons to go. He was telling me that there was a killer break at the base where he is stationed which I am stoked about checkin out while I am there. Anyone have any info as to what i can expect surf wise during spring break?
Love many, trust few, do harm to none!
Sparky
coast guard rescue float

Re: maui during spring break

Postby Bubalus » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:34 pm

which base?
Bubalus
the surfing sahib

Postby Sparky » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:43 am

Bubalus wrote:which base?

Don't remember off the top of my head, will call him tonight when he gets off work. He has only been stationed there for like 4 weeks so far and between my new job and the 6 hour differnce in time makes it hard to talk with him other then weekends.
Sparky
coast guard rescue float

Postby Gazsurf » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:13 am

Sparky wrote: the 6 hour differnce in time makes it hard to talk with him other then weekends.

Really? Before or after DST?
"I disagree with these experts. Someone has got to stand up to experts."

Texas Board of Education member McLeroy rejecting science over creationism.
Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

Postby Sparky » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:03 pm

opps .. 3 hour differnce not 6.. he is stationed on the east side of the island, not sure of the name.. something like Kaneone Bay or something like that. All i know for sure is wife is booking all the flights and the boy is setting up the reservations. They have 3 choices of places to stay that range from the cabana @61 a night to cottages for 115 a night to the villa for 220 a night. I saw pictures of the cottages, very nice..

LOL to freakin funny.. wife just told me he is not stationed on maui he is stationed on Oahu. K time to change the topic to Oahu during spring break.
Sparky
coast guard rescue float

Postby Bubalus » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:32 pm

Kaneohe huh, lucky bastard...
He's got access to North Beach and Pyramids which are both on base. They are both killer breaks that pick up East wind swell and North wrap. Only people with base pass can surf those spots and the MP's ckeck it regularly. Spring time can be windy but can also still be getting that sweet North wrap, you're stoked especially if you get some kona winds...
Bubalus
the surfing sahib

Postby Sparky » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:51 am

Bubalus wrote:Kaneohe huh, lucky bastard...
He's got access to North Beach and Pyramids which are both on base. They are both killer breaks that pick up East wind swell and North wrap. Only people with base pass can surf those spots and the MP's ckeck it regularly. Spring time can be windy but can also still be getting that sweet North wrap, you're stoked especially if you get some kona winds...

I will be stoked either way but yeah this trip will be something special. Been going to the gym 4 days a week to get ready plus putting in more water time.
Sparky
coast guard rescue float

Return to Road Trips