Change font size   Print view

End of Year Report

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

Re: End of Year Report

Postby Major Lazer » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:48 pm

Just caught this thread. Sorry to hear of your loss Doc. Heavy times indeed last few years.

Congrats on your daughter tying the knot. I still remember some of your reports and mentioning teaching her to surf. Time flys!
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
I post better than I surf

Postby bluesilver » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:29 pm

Doc wrote:As a final gift from 2021...
My 1999 F250 Powerstroke 7.3 diesel...
Has been in the shop since November...
Called to check on status the other day...
The mechanic died of COVID...
So yeah.

I have a new Ranger and had a place do a wax job on it for me because I was feeling lazy and the weather sucked.
Dude backed into something and destroyed my bumper - truck was like a month old. Goes to the shop to get a new bumper - took a few weeks and in the process the body shop broke something else. I'm driving it because it's not a huge deal, but I've been waiting like a year or so for the part to come in. Called a couple days ago and they say it should be in "shortly". They were on a waiting list for the part apparently. Frickin annoying.
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby bluesilver » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:32 pm

Doc wrote:My brother did not make it...
They took him off the ventilator on Jan 15.
RIP Steve.

Get your vaccine...his wife is...now.
Doc

Aw shite dude... I'm so sorry...
I've had Covid twice now. Got the #3 booster right after I got over the second bout.
I firmly believe the vaccines at least greatly lessen the affects. Thanks, Jenny McCarthy....
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Previous

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners