Change font size   Print view

Issues of Localism

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

have you personally experienced localism against you?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:37 pm

No
50%
yes
50%

Total votes : 14

Postby XBlueSilverX » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:44 pm

Fish wrote:
XBlueSilverX wrote:i'm starting to enjoy twin fin... sexually...

Hey! Watch cho mouth! I'm workin' dis side of da street mang!

yeah you think your tough, living in a trailer. i live in a cardboard recycling container!
The problem with real life? There's no danger music..
XBlueSilverX
flinches for foamies

Postby fossilgrom » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:21 pm

Great article on localism - worth a read.

http://www.surf4thesoul.com/articles.html#stain
free your mind, your @ss will follow
fossilgrom
a garage full of dusty surfboards

Postby Tyedog » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:31 pm

that guy probably didnt write that artical untill he got alittilebit of what he had dish out for years, and didnt like it. a theese kids just got no respect. think theyre a bunch of gangsters. f-ing morons.
Tyedog

Postby wanty » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:14 pm

"the pools of hate that have floated in lineups around the world: the toxic spills of localism" nicely put. I didnt know that joel tudor held a guy under water. What an as$. I used to like him. Lance hookanu then bloodied the fellow up--he must an as$hole as well.
wanty
Site Admin

Postby Stiffler » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:10 am

Joe Tudor. Different people.
Stiffler

Postby wanty » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:17 pm

I thought that was just a typo.. so there is a joe tudor? Sorry joel. So maybe youre not such a bad guy!
wanty
Site Admin

Postby Gazsurf » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:46 pm

his dad
"I disagree with these experts. Someone has got to stand up to experts."

Texas Board of Education member McLeroy rejecting science over creationism.
Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

Postby jerichv » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:06 pm

i dont know who would be scared of joel, or his old man.
they seem like puss**s to me. joel is built like a tooth pick.
8)
say it!
jerichv
"wall of fiberglass" refugee

Postby thurgood jenkins » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:41 pm

Whats up with all the aggression J? First you're after kayackers now the Tudors? I thought you Phillies were a kind hearted people!
So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?

Stewie Griffin
thurgood jenkins
flotsam

Postby Tyedog » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:49 pm

Tudors are cool, kyjackers are not. Especialy ones from down under.You just wait till they bring thier lame contest up here. They think they can come and take over for a week, because they know somebody? They dont know me, and they dont give me anything but a headache. So GIT.
Tyedog

Postby Doc » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:01 pm

The guy was interferring with a sweet, sweet LB contest...so the pummelled him in the interest of friendly competition...y'know?

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby wanty » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:29 pm

Jerichv may be filipino but hes damn ferocious. when i first met him he was fiercly protecting a cherry tree, willing to beat down any fools who sought after his precious cherries at orchards park!
wanty
Site Admin

Postby surfnride » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:39 pm

Good read fossel,
That triggerd alot of memories as I have surfed just about every spot mentioned.
My tolerence for this shite is very short, I was jumped by 3 locals at San Clemete pier when I was 13 the one tough guy said I had his wetsuit, Lucky for me some old man saw this and called the cops and told them off.

Once at Hollywood by the sea (oxnard) the waves where epic we come back to the car the racks are gone our wallets gone and the worst part we had a hour drive in a VW bug with 4 guys and 4 boards and no racks!!!

Another perfect day in march @ Salt Creek after a good morning session our wetsuits are hanging on the fence were snacking about 30 ft away and our suits get jacked right behind us.
It stayed glassy all day, so we had to trunk it,
I could go on and on.
As we got older and bigger no one hassled us in the water, but ya sure had ta watch your stuff, I grew to hate other surfers and said F this place (so Cal) im off to Tahoe.
It is much different now than it was in the 70's and 80's IMO and up here, people are pretty freindly but Westport still has a pretty grouchy old crowd.
If its flat then go ride!
surfnride
secret spots are my forte

Postby lolo macolo » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:36 pm

[quote="thurgood jenkins"]Whats up with all the aggression J? First you're after kayackers now the Tudors? I thought you Phillies were a kind hearted people![/quote
filipinos are mean people
lolo macolo
the surfing sahib

Postby jerichv » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:46 pm

thurgood jenkins wrote:Whats up with all the aggression J? First you're after kayackers now the Tudors? I thought you Phillies were a kind hearted people!

there ain't no aggression here thurgood. the persona i play here on the OSP is hardly what im like outside of this screen. im actually a very laid back kind of guy. i do get my kicks reinacting how i was like when i was 14 or so, back when i use to protect my cherry tree..lol. like most people here on the board, im not to be taken siriously. its a way for me to talk about surf related topics and to just act a fool. actually i dont really like yakers but i never hassled them or even gave them the stink eye for that matter.p.s i laughed my @ss off when i read your post wanty....hahahahahahaha
say it!
jerichv
"wall of fiberglass" refugee

PreviousNext

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners