Change font size   Print view

Animals vs. Humans

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

Animals or humans

Animals?
50%
Humans?
50%

Total votes : 12

Postby bluesilver » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:02 pm

gills wrote:
bluesilver wrote:Whats wrong with a toothed emu

Finally, he admits that he can be introspective.

Aren't we all?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby bluesilver » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:05 pm

Spider wrote:no words for this....

enough is enough. bs seems to enjoy shocking people.
go somewhere else.

If the world were more mundane and repititious.. would it really be more enjoyable?

Does shock not invoke thought? Is thinking about things really so bad spider?
As far as scantily clad ladies, I hardly find them shocking, but they do make me think
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby speelyei » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:39 pm

naw, you thought the animals vs humans angle would be smart-azz funny and you went scoutin' for pictures to back that up... that's fine. And people didn't like the dead baby, and that's understandable. It wasn't about anything bigger, don't try to spin it like you're some gadfly to sting the masses from their slumber. Oh yeah, and BlueS, you're not the only EMT, lifeguard, firefighter, first responder that ever walked the face of the earth, so drop the affected, jaded, worldly posture.

Oh, about me stopping genocide, where should I start? At rotten.com, getting giddy over corpses? I didnt realize that not being a ghoul was turning a blind eye....
speelyei
boogie boarders run ME over!

Location: Arizona... but I am still an absentee owner on the Coast!

Postby Hermgruf » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:44 pm

Its kinda wierd how the barrage of media violence I've watched over the years has desensitized me to some degree. "3 killed in Iraq roadside bomb", means nothing anymore, not even a headline, barely a statistic. If I were there as it happened though, I'd be shocked, angered, crying perhaps. Oh what a world. Each of us ought to more carefully choose how much imagery of sex/violence we expose ourselves to. I think this is more front and center in the minds of parents, (I'm not a parent).

On one hand, some desensitization might be a good thing, harden's me, keeps me "sane" when confronted with atrocity. And one of my major coping mechanisms is definitely humor. Its how I deal with stress. Making light of serious matters is how I deal.

On the other hand, less exposure to graphic sex/violence brings me closer to a state of peace. Camping is nice because I'm away from news, radio, media, computers, traffic. Surfing works too but takes more effort/fuel/skill. Its nice to be able to get a moment of peace. Anyhow, that's my take.
Hermgruf
I Macarena in my wetsuit

Postby wanty » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:45 pm

i removed the photos of corpses because im sure everybody here knows what it is. whether or not one chooses to do anything about it has nothing to do with having to see pictures of it.
wanty
Site Admin

Postby Betty » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:23 pm

Yes, when I see images of slain children or even when I hear about the terrible things that happen to them I do imagine something so fatal happening to my own children. It never occured to me that I was a sick bastard because of this, I always thought it was primal maternal instinct to always protect my children and a deep fear of anything bad ever happening to them.

The service here sucks.
Betty
coffee WAS my drug of choice

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:45 pm

montana wrote:Cockroaches can survive in just about any environment, I hear.

Yer doin pretty good here so far....

So exactly what "beliefs" and "opinions" do you think I have?

WTF is it you think you know about me at all?
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:51 pm

BS....yer full of BS....

I am glad I have been way too busy this week to come here and see pictures of dead or mamed children.

This thread has gone way beyond where it was ever supposed to go.

You guys are all about to spread the Rage virus and I cannot let that happen.

Though I want to find out exactly what montanard thinks he knows about my beliefs...I think it is time we all move on to the usual unproductive and marginally entertaining threads.
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Previous

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners