Change font size   Print view

Measures 66 &67

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

Postby Gazsurf » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:28 pm

If Bill Sizemore is against it.... then I'm for it.

Guy is a turd.
"I disagree with these experts. Someone has got to stand up to experts."

Texas Board of Education member McLeroy rejecting science over creationism.
Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

Postby Doc » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:03 pm

That's a big part of my voting process...
Checking who is supporting what...
Big Biz says no...
Respectable Liberals say yes.

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby Spider » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:20 pm

doc wrote:That's a big part of my voting process...
Checking who is supporting what...
Big Biz says no...
Respectable Liberals say yes.

doc

+1

voted yes (even being small biz owner)
Spider
I tube ride side saddle

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:33 pm

Gazsurf wrote:If Bill Sizemore is against it.... then I'm for it.

Guy is a turd.

What the hell does that guy have to do with anything?

He's an asshat.
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby Gazsurf » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:50 pm

Wilbur Kookmeyer wrote:
Gazsurf wrote:If Bill Sizemore is against it.... then I'm for it.

Guy is a turd.

What the hell does that guy have to do with anything?

He's an asshat.

I'm just stirring the pot.
"I disagree with these experts. Someone has got to stand up to experts."

Texas Board of Education member McLeroy rejecting science over creationism.
Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

Postby erzats » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:18 am

as far as I know, because of a bill he introduced, which was passed, any local tax levy requires more than 50% turnout for the vote to be considered valid. Since oregonians and most other americans are apathetic, this means no tax levy will ever pass, thus we need statewide, legislature sponsored measures such as these to raise funds for schools etc. That's what DB has to do with it.
erzats
core!

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:52 pm

Pretty cool how Portland Public Schools are collapsing but Portland can throw millions at bringing Soccer to town.

Just add some more tax on... it's cool.
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby pra_ggresion » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:00 pm

Glad you get it. Welcome aboard.
But seriously if you didn't think we were all completely screwed before; which we were,
to last week’s Supreme Court decision overturning restrictions on political spending by corporations, unions and other organizations.
[Washington Post, Jan10]

We most certainly are now.

Thanks again Bush and ilk (eh hmm Wilbur); bringing America along on the ol' "Appalachian trail" and for completely removing any necessity for conspiracies.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion
I post better than I surf

Postby holddown » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:02 pm

erzats wrote:... any local tax levy requires more than 50% turnout for the vote to be considered valid.

This brings up a point I haven't considered before. It might be more effective for those opposing a tax measure to encourage the absence of a vote instead of a NO vote. If a measure has a narrow majority of support, a lot of NO votes will help it pass.

Damn, too bad I already sent in my ballot.

Edit: I just realized I misread your post. Is there a minimum turn out for a measure?
holddown
straight.......like a boomerang

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:58 pm

pra_ggresion wrote:Glad you get it. Welcome aboard.
But seriously if you didn't think we were all completely screwed before; which we were,
to last week’s Supreme Court decision overturning restrictions on political spending by corporations, unions and other organizations.
[Washington Post, Jan10]

We most certainly are now.

Thanks again Bush and ilk (eh hmm Wilbur); bringing America along on the ol' "Appalachian trail" and for completely removing any necessity for conspiracies.

Yeah man...I was very surprised that went down like that.
Like I told Fish, it just removes the veil from the truth we have lived under for over 200 years... all elections are bought and that our government has been under corporate control for a very long time.

Does anyone think Obama is really the one pushing for "free" health care? He's nothing more than a mouth piece for the unions. A bad mouth piece with a 48% approval rating and falling, but a mouth piece none the less.

However, just as much as i bitch about the horrid and untuthful ads on all sides of the televisionand radio political advertising, I also respect the freedom to dupe as many voters as you can pay for.

It just so happens that this turn of events will benefit my ilk more than most of you others.

Too bad so sad.
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby pra_ggresion » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:52 am

BOOYAH! How you like them apples. 66&67 pass by a landslide.

I would like to thank all out there that will now be helping me secure the option of applying to a grad school without having to pay back a dime.

If only Wilbur made enough dough that I could claim he was being forced by proxy of the government to give me money. Let's get that in there next people. Measure 68 [Tax Wilburs]. Brought to you by ME [tm]
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion
I post better than I surf

Postby Tatonka » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:27 pm

stoked, though today would have been a good furlough day...
can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tatonka
duck diving fool

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:01 pm

I honestly think that anyone who voted for this really did not think it through.

Do people really think the parties affected by this are going to pay the additional burden and not pass it along to the consumer?

And in the end...mark my words.... the schools will still be on the brink.

Whenever the government in Oregon gets into a crunch, they go to the schools for the cuts. Not the government supplied cars. Not their own wages. Certainly not PERS. Not the atrocious misappropriated funds to a myriad of "services" or to their own pockets....but to the schools.

And why?

Emotional blackmail.

Someday Oregon's citizens should really wake up to the facts and quit blaming "the rich" for their own crappy condition.

I say the citizens of Oregon because I no longer consider myself one. though I am a native to this soil, to this rain, I am a foreigner in occupied territory. I am deep behind enemy lines. and the next person that sticks their hand out to me is going to come back with a bloody stump.

Fuk Oregon.
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:05 pm

pra_ggresion wrote:BOOYAH! How you like them apples. 66&67 pass by a landslide.

I would like to thank all out there that will now be helping me secure the option of applying to a grad school without having to pay back a dime.

If only Wilbur made enough dough that I could claim he was being forced by proxy of the government to give me money. Let's get that in there next people. Measure 68 [Tax Wilburs]. Brought to you by ME [tm]

What's the point in going to grad school if half of the money you make from the greater earning potential will be stolen from you by those "less fortunate" than you?

And you have no idea what I make.
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby riverjetty » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:20 pm

Wilbur Kookmeyer wrote:
pra_ggresion wrote:BOOYAH! How you like them apples. 66&67 pass by a landslide.

What's the point in going to grad school if half of the money you make from the greater earning potential will be stolen from you by those "less fortunate" than you?

I second that. Cutting off your nose to spite your face. Your turn next.
riverjetty
i've put my fin in backwards

PreviousNext

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners