Change font size   Print view

I've held my toungue until it has almost bled....

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

I've held my toungue until it has almost bled....

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Sun May 02, 2010 6:23 pm

...but I am going to bite through my cheek any moment now....

I just do not get you lefty's at all.

For years I hear nothing but hate and whining about war, corporations, greed, and environmental destruction.

Now that we have Obummer in office...you all clam up.

But still the war(s) continue, corporations are still raping tax payers, greed is stronger than ever, and environmental destruction is reaching record proportions.

But not a peep from any of you.

Was it all just a bunch of crap?

Was it all just hate against the Right and now that your man is at the helm it is okay?

You can argue that he inherited the wars, the economic grief, and was certainly not responsible for the recent catastrophe in the gulf, however you cannot argue against his increase of expense (fiscal and human) in the Afghan theatre, nor his handing over of gazillions of dollars to irresponsible corporations, or his endorsement of offshore drilling (which was put on hold after the gulf incident).

Yet none of you whine, bitch, moan, or hate the way you did when Dubya was at the helm.

The issues are the same, they still exist (or are worse), however it seems as if none of you give a crap because there is a Lefty in office.

I think it is easily imaginable that if we still had a Righty in office, given the exact same circumstances, each of you would be frothing at the mouth.

So....should I make the safe jump that you all actually are just a bunch of hypocrites, or is there some reasoning to this?

I am just as angry about these issues as I was when Bush was in office. no more, no less.

So what am I missing here?
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Re: I've held my toungue until it has almost bled....

Postby Betty » Sun May 02, 2010 7:37 pm

Must just be where you live and perhapse this page, but I hear Obama grief daily.
The service here sucks.
Betty
coffee WAS my drug of choice

Postby Doc » Sun May 02, 2010 8:28 pm

It'll take years to clean up the mess...

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby bluesilver » Mon May 03, 2010 9:16 am

I'm glad. I'm tired of hearing everyone's whining especially when it made no sense. I don't care what's happening in the white house. Another president, another round. Same ol same ol. republicans and libs are boring as shite as well as completely ignorant.
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Tex » Tue May 04, 2010 4:50 pm

For a Nobel Peace Prize winner to defend his position in Afghanistan is absolute BS.
Never was a fan of Obama, had a sense he was going to run for the middle. Right now he is Bush light.

For the record, my first choice was Kucinich.

Tex
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby Doc » Tue May 04, 2010 6:54 pm

Yeah...
But Kucinich could never win.

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby Ceedog » Wed May 05, 2010 8:11 am

Things will start to make sense if you understand that the president is just a figurehead and holds no real power. The policies and "imcompetence" are the same regardless of which party the prez. is aligned with. Its just theater... kind of like a messed up version of the rocky horror picture show, except instead of throwing toast we line up on the left or right and launch talking points at each other.
Carbon credits, brought to you by Enron. PM for quotes.
Ceedog
Jetsam

Postby Tex » Wed May 05, 2010 8:51 am

Ceedog hit it on the head.
Presidents simply get plugged into a system. It is so much easier for the general public to blame/praise a person (singular) than to critique a system. Typically the general public does not understand enough about how a democracy was truly designed to work. They dont have a strong historical perspective on government in action or inaction.

Hell at one point Bush senior actually made Rumsfield hand deliver a pair of golden spurs to Saddam. They were all tight untill Saddam got a bit of an independant streak in him. Old Rummy sure didnt talk much about that when he was leading the department of defense.

I guess that is why was picking Kucinich because he would have tried to buck the system a bit more. Again, he would have gotten absorbed very quickly. It is so hilarious to watch the House and Senate dems and republicans in their pathetic power grabs.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby bluesilver » Wed May 05, 2010 9:09 am

And I'm not sure I agree with you Wilbur, a lot of what is going on is just out of Obama's hands. He may or may not be doing his best to solve any of the aforementioned issues, but really, you to blame him or bring to light bad things that are happening on his watch. Should he have evolved fins and gills to swim to the ocean floor and fix the oil mess? How do you propose we instill some kind of stability in the countries we have torn down and are trying to rebuild? Should we just leave and let them go bacck to the way things were? Have you ever worked for a government agency that actually knows whats really going on in the world and told you about it? What do you know that some of us do not know?
Last edited by bluesilver on Wed May 05, 2010 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby bluesilver » Wed May 05, 2010 9:15 am

I also hope that you're realistic in that you don't honestly think the things you enjoy about this country are free? You don't want to pay taxes and you don't want to have anything to do with the current recession, yet you probably want all the parks you visit to stay open and be clean, you want roads without pot holes, you want want want want, but probably like to talk about being self-sufficient. Common theme. The fact of the matter is no one wants to pay more taxes, but it's just not realistic to think these problems will work themselves out without funding.
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Ceedog » Wed May 05, 2010 10:45 am

Notice who the media and 'popular' politicians dismiss or scoff at, these are the ones who actually have integrity. Kucinich, Paul, Sanders, and even Defazio usually stuck to their guns and are honest about what's going on in DC which means they will never make it any further.
Carbon credits, brought to you by Enron. PM for quotes.
Ceedog
Jetsam

Postby bluesilver » Wed May 05, 2010 11:42 am

Ceedog wrote:Notice who the media and 'popular' politicians dismiss or scoff at, these are the ones who actually have integrity. Kucinich, Paul, Sanders, and even Defazio usually stuck to their guns and are honest about what's going on in DC which means they will never make it any further.

Which sucks and does point towards the need for a government overhaul. However, everything you see now is nothing new and has been happening since the beginning of civilization....
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Spent » Wed May 05, 2010 12:32 pm

bluesilver wrote: since the beginning of civilization....
Which more and more people are understanding is the root of the sh*t we're in. Why did we take that turn into agriculture, domestication and all that resulted from it, that is now killing us and the planet? We spent 99% of our time as a species quite well without it. Time to dismantle. And we can start with decentralization of power and authority.
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby bluesilver » Wed May 05, 2010 12:55 pm

Spent wrote:
bluesilver wrote: since the beginning of civilization....
Which more and more people are understanding is the root of the sh*t we're in. Why did we take that turn into agriculture, domestication and all that resulted from it, that is now killing us and the planet? We spent 99% of our time as a species quite well without it. Time to dismantle. And we can start with decentralization of power and authority.

Are you familiar with the way civilizations were before agriculture, domestication and medical advances? It was not pretty and we were not really doing all that well. Not to mention the scientific studies that have shown us how the previous ways of doing things were killing us? Lead poisoning (cups were often made from lead), Polio, Ebola, Black Death, (to name a few of the diseases we have made scarce especially in industrialized nations, but come back readily when vaccines are not administered), better & healthier living conditions, technological advances that allow us to disperse food and medicine where it is scarce (though some argue these are pointless)... the list goes on.

I would never say anyone was better off that long ago except for people with money, just like today.

I do agree on humans becoming more self-sufficient and relying less on mass produced items, this should be just common sense, but Americans like a lot of other countries citizens have become feircely dependent on the government and the ability to go to the supermarket for food and goods and expect that these luxuries will always be there. Lazyness is part of the problem. Another might be that workers in the USA work more hours than most other industrialized nations in the world. This can definitely aid to the want for fast, easily obtainable goods. Who wants to work 8 or 12 hours and then go gardening, tend the cattle, mow the property etc..? I would, but most probably would not.

I don't think it's the way civilization has evolved to provide, it might be the way we have collectively asked for these provisions so that we can do other things. Can't blame the government for that one.
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby bluesilver » Wed May 05, 2010 1:02 pm

Also, we turned these corners because we felt we needed to. Everything in life is pass/fail and some things take a very long time to show their true colors. Back when mass agriculture was not widely spread and known we would have had no way of knowing the negative impact it would have (but we definitely saw the positive right away), but technological advances of today offer us a glimpse of what we have created because of the past and current. If we had not done anything significant in the last few hundred years to increase quality of life who knows how bad it might be today as well.
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Next

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners