Change font size   Print view

BP can suck a fat one

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

BP can suck a fat one

Postby pra_ggresion » Fri May 28, 2010 12:18 pm

1: Obama should be down their 5 weeks ago looking all presidential, cleaning up oil slick covered baby seagulls for the camera.

2: A six month moratorium ain't crapola. Try; NO DRILLING any where until there is not one blade of marsh grass or grain of sand in the Gulf of Mexico that has even the petina of a smear of oil on it.

3: Any Reserve Unit on their way to Afghanistan can do an about face in the direction of Lousiana.

4: All those destroyers and frigates the Navy is so famous for can unload their missiles and can actually do something useful like protecting American waters from foreign invaders.

5: There is no private company with the word "British" in it that I am aware of, that should be in command of any branch of the United States of America military.

6: Dumping chemicals on oil that are worse then the oil itself isn't really fixing any thing is it? And if British Petroleum must do it, then can they please refrain from telling people that breathing in those fumes is harmless and everything will be hunky dory cause it's not and things aren't.

7: Kelly Slater can quit the tour and give up his shot at ten in protest too.

8: Why the f@#K am I still here in Oregon?

9: This is a great time for the South to bring back lynchings.

10: What else
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion
I post better than I surf

Re: BP can suck a fat one

Postby Doc » Fri May 28, 2010 5:49 pm

I think BP should pay for eligible unemployed people (or anyone who is willing to the work) to do well-paid (I think $25 an hour minimum) on-the-ground clean up work (with tweezers if needed) until every speck of oil is gone from the Gulf and anywhere else it washes up...

Of course, there'd be fraud and it'd get all f'ed up immediately and workers would be crapping on the beaches, killing turtles and making stew and having raging parties on the beaches every night...but maybe BP could pay for the kegs too?

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby gremlin » Sat May 29, 2010 10:59 am

pra_ggresion wrote:1: Obama should be down their 5 weeks ago looking all presidential, cleaning up oil slick covered baby seagulls for the camera.

2: A six month moratorium ain't crapola. Try; NO DRILLING any where until there is not one blade of marsh grass or grain of sand in the Gulf of Mexico that has even the petina of a smear of oil on it.

3: Any Reserve Unit on their way to Afghanistan can do an about face in the direction of Lousiana.

4: All those destroyers and frigates the Navy is so famous for can unload their missiles and can actually do something useful like protecting American waters from foreign invaders.

5: There is no private company with the word "British" in it that I am aware of, that should be in command of any branch of the United States of America military.

6: Dumping chemicals on oil that are worse then the oil itself isn't really fixing any thing is it? And if British Petroleum must do it, then can they please refrain from telling people that breathing in those fumes is harmless and everything will be hunky dory cause it's not and things aren't.

7: Kelly Slater can quit the tour and give up his shot at ten in protest too.

8: Why the f@#K am I still here in Oregon?

9: This is a great time for the South to bring back lynchings.

10: What else

I like the way you think.....
Everything is possible; the impossible just takes longer.
gremlin
stinkbug stance? I walk this way!

Postby wanty » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:08 pm

it makes me so sick man. I've tried to ignore it, quickly scrolling past the news articles hoping it would go away. It wont. Can you imagine being a surfer in the gulf right now? that's complete sh*t. Its a disgusting nightmare. :evil: :x
wanty
Site Admin

Postby grizldoldfk » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:59 pm

grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Postby bluesilver » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:08 pm

.... You all say as you drive your cars and SUV's a half mile up the road to buy a soda..... Or turn up the heat when its cold... or, or, or... ...
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby pra_ggresion » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:17 am

I'm so sick of that guilt by association BS. You can't control where and when you're born. You think it's a matter of choice that every bite of bread you take has displaced millions of human beings and their ilk, cost the lungs of Earth a toll like that of a person smoking a cigarette? We exist here and now and we are contained like the cells of your body by organs of a being whose only purpose is to grow. What can you do about that when the cells of your liver can only protest by dying when you eat McDonalds, huh?

The only response is; you're an autonymous being capable of constructing your own reality. Yeah right, is what I say. Say, I do become a subsistence farmer. It's still a fart in the wind compared to the vessel that brings you Fuji apples from Argentina. Say everyone becomes subsistence farmers. I say that's impossible cause theres to many people.

Autonomy that we do have is a small domain inconsequential to the forces that govern our lives. All you can do is beat your drum and hope that if there are enough drums beating to the same rhythm, it might resonate to effect towards an enlightened existence.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion
I post better than I surf

Postby bluesilver » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:57 am

Yeah, all good points. But I have a feeling that people like to talk about action far more than take action. Makes them feel like they are doing something even though they know they are not. Being complacent and just accepting what you are born into is not a solution.
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Betty » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:49 pm

They upped the estimate again today. Now it's 1.5-2.5 Mgpd since they cut the riser. At a maximum fine of $4300 per gallon. BP is liable to the US for $10 Billion a day..... I'd rather they fix the leak & the beaches, bring the wildlife back to life & get the EFF out.... keep their damn money. Wishful thinking though when we're already so screwed.
The service here sucks.
Betty
coffee WAS my drug of choice

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners