Change font size   Print view

Pretty effin' sad if you ask me....

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

Pretty effin' sad if you ask me....

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:38 pm

Why do you people still come here?
I don't think i have even looked at these pages in over a month.
All it really is anymore is a message board for PC'ers and Ex-PC'ers.
Can't you fools just message eachother on Facebook like everyone else?
Does it somehow add validity to the idea that you guys are Core!TM surfers to message eachother on a surf related message board instead of clicking the fey 'LIKE' button on your 'friends' gay Facebook post?

The surf reports are the same.
The jokes are tired.
And pretty much everyone has given up even arguing politics or the social ills anymore.

Hell even Speel has only 1 post in the last 6 months and that is probably because he was 1/2 drunk and feeling melencholy.

What's the point anymore?

Just sayin....
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Re: Pretty effin' sad if you ask me....

Postby Tex » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55 pm

I dont do facebook so that is one of the reasons why I still like this forum.
Met some cool people on these pages and the surf reports arent bad.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby the dude » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:34 pm

There is always something to read on here.
the dude
I do it Beavertail style

Postby Critter » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:52 am

Whats pretty effin sad is that you would bring that pathetic crap to the board Kookbag. Sure OSP is dim shadow of what is used to be. However IT is a surfpage, It was fun to watch, or participate in the banter. My morning ritual of looking at the cams with my coffee is still available. Why drag it down even more with your ADD flavored, Kookaid drinking, FaceBook trolling, Social Media enslaved commentary. Wake up Kook!
Those of you who cant effin climb off your Sleep Number without reaching for your damn smartphone (theres an oxymoron if ever there was) are just a bunch of wake-N-bakers sure as if you fired up the bong.
Seriously, it makes my skin crawl to think that Soooo many folks have forgotten that you DONT need to be able to share a picture or play a game or talk to your friend wherever you are at any time. That will be waiting at home for you with your fancy new state of the art computer, which of course you have, or are certainly YEARNING for.
Oh yeah and speaking of social ills...why dont you take a deep look at our societies social connectivity device behaviors. If you cant draw valid comparisons with drug use and gambling then you should schedule an appointment with a therapist.
If you feel anxiety leaving your phone at home to go down to the market... you may be a phonetard
When your phone suddenly loses a charge and you run into the other room and take the battery outa your OTHER smartphone...YOU may be a phonetard
If your <friends> throw a fit regarding the fact you didnt return thier call immediatly and thats ok with you...you may be a phonetard
Wow I think I just slated my strong urge to club the next dick in the noggin texting in front of me on the sidewalk.
All ya gotta do is ask for it.
Critter
over the falls, a way of life

Postby wanty » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:03 pm

wilb,
you're right.. but just dont expect too much from it.
wanty
Site Admin

Postby Critter » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:15 pm

After further reflection I have to say that perhaps it is sad, particularly when a moderator hasnt checked the site in a month. Been alot of fun in the past, mixed with some shamefull BS as well.
Banner at top of page says "Online community for Oregon and NW surfers." When in fact all OSP has ever amounted to, in truth, is a small clannish group making sure intentionally or otherwise that many, many people are not comfortable joining. Who would want to register and deal with being told they are a valley kook or some other derrogitory crap ?
BTW thats not an opinion its based on numerous conversations with people that have declined to join this site. A forums goal is to grow ?
Im sure Ill be derided and scorned for stating such things but guess what it doesnt matter.
All ya gotta do is ask for it.
Critter
over the falls, a way of life

Postby Tex » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:48 pm

at least five guys I have been surfing with in OR for the past ten years said they will never join this forum for reasons stated by critter.

I dunno, I just never really take the political/religious/soul searching stuff all that seriously and I am not afraid of people talking shite about me either.

I do like how Wilbur has a great ability to stir the pot by asking the tough questions.

And I absolutely loved the story about the guy who got wasted and burned his board....forgot who posted but I actually made my wife read that so she could know first hand how I usually start feeling after two or three weeks of no water time due to kids and job.

Would have to say that was an all time classic story and one fairly recently contributed. That post just keeps it all real.
Tex

Postby Doc » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:51 pm

What happened?
The OSP isn't all it cracked up to be?
People do and don't care?
Surf reports? Where?
Ah well...
Guess I'll buy a SUP.

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby Tex » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:56 pm

Doc,

If you do purchase the SUP and go to the dark side....you should also start a new website: www.oregonsup.com.
Thay way all the SUP chatter can stay over there.

Thanks,

Tex
Tex

Postby SooLoo » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:33 pm

Big Kookmeyer is right about some of what he said and most of you haven't been around long enough to understand that this forum is ALL about running smack on each other both in and out of the water. The Oregon surf community used to be pretty small so most people knew each other and would cross paths so there was an element of respect. As with any society of this kind it can be intimidating like a peak where everyone knows each other and you are the outsider. Things have changed as they always do. This forum is now filled with valley kooks who reside in North Portland and have been surfing for less than 5 years or like Kookmeyer haven't surfed IN 5 years and have forgotten how altogether and this makes me sad. You want content go to Swaylocks. This thing is fizzling because the politicly correct have scared off the classic $hit talkers. Thats is the only reason i still post here. Well that and I moved, if I still lived there I might have offed myself after last winter and the short summer. This place is still relevent and funny most of the time. We just need Spee to step back from the ledge and resume his many personalities. You guys have a good day warm head high sets are calling me. Ciao
SooLoo

Postby Doc » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:35 pm

Sooloo
Hawaii has made you soft...

Tex
Already on the dark side...

Doc
Doc

Postby Tex » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm

Shame 'bout that...oh well you had me fooled anyway....never would have guessed.
Tex

Postby Tatonka » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:53 pm

Thanks Wilbs, things have picked up around here since your seasonal dose of whining.
can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tatonka
duck diving fool

Postby smithgrind » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:07 pm

What do you have to whine about, Kookmeyer? The Raiders are 2-1 and your dhick is still in the dirt staying nice and dry.
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby Doc » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:33 pm

SUP'ing is fine...
Just don't do it where there are surfers, imho...
Mine's mostly flatwater stuff...
Along with prone paddleboarding.

Doc
Doc

Next

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners