Change font size   Print view

Poll to Ban The Walrus

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

Goodbye Walrus?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:22 am

Goodbye
58%
Hello
42%

Total votes : 12

Postby Fish » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:15 pm

cannibalistic tribes used to eat there enemy in belief taht they would gain the strength fo the defeated foe.

Perhaps that can be applied to Mr. Chompers.
Fish

Postby Koo Nass » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:18 pm

I like to eat Shark Tacos. I especially like the irony of it. Hope that irony doesn't come back to bite me :shock:
Koo Nass

Postby Trula » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:20 pm

Thanks for the additional info Wilbur. We did not cover it that in depth in my Ecology (Biology 370). Today we talked about jack rabbits and kangaroo rats.
Portland - Where young people go to retire.
Trula
I embrace my inner tard

Postby bagua-kaliman » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:12 pm

Thanks wilbur,
good shark info.I wont bite those suckers anymore when they swim by.
they taste like... well I guess you know
Any day now,I said any day now a bullet could strike I-man dead, they wouldnt say nothing, they wouldnt do nothing, they just dig a hole and pronounce I dead....
-Jah warriors-poorman story
bagua-kaliman
Mermaided

Postby thurgood jenkins » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:15 pm

I was watching the Discovery channel or one of them channels and it said that shark meat contains high levels of mercury though I missed out the part that explained why, anyone know anything else about this?
So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?

Stewie Griffin
thurgood jenkins
flotsam

Postby Critter » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:46 pm

Primary Predator....all the goop in the food web ends up at the top of the predatory ladder.
All ya gotta do is ask for it.
Critter
over the falls, a way of life

Postby jerichv » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:48 pm

when it comes to sharks, i preffer only to eat their fins. though i have tasted shark stakes blackened and grilled, i dont particularly like the toughness of the flesh.
shark fin soup is the way to go. the meat on the fins contain alot of gelatin that is very flavorfull and when prepared properly, the meat will actually melt slowly in your mouth.

epicurious
Jerich
say it!
jerichv
"wall of fiberglass" refugee

Previous

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners