Change font size   Print view

Poll to Ban The Walrus

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

Goodbye Walrus?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:22 am

Goodbye
58%
Hello
42%

Total votes : 12

Poll to Ban The Walrus

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:22 am

Let's Get rid of the A$$ Monkey once and for all.

Postby SooLoo » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:30 am

It is now time for you to get a life. Or at least more creative.
SooLoo

Postby Koo Nass » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:38 am

No need to get rid of him. This board is weeding out newbies so fast that we are starting to look like the gene pool of West Virginia. I'm all for bagging on each other in the name of good fun, but we need to protect the vibe that got me to return here in the first place.

That being said - please stop diggin up old threads and help with new (non-haiku) threads.

And quit responding to your own posts!
Koo Nass

ARRRRRRGH!

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:32 am

The People have spoken.
See you in the line up! :twisted:

Postby Critter » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:46 am

Walrus, Im sensing an underlieing subversiveness in your activity that is unwholesome. Are you part of a larger personality ? Are you packing around some ancient ectoparasitic grudge on your sea lice infested shoulders or what dude/et ? Are your bowels figity, causing spontaneous acts of inexplicable selfdefamation ?
Go for a long, long swim, eat 250 lbs. of the smaller oily fishes and call your veterinarian next week. Maybe things will improve, or you will get lost on your swim.
BTW I voted hello.
Peace stinky anonomous sea mammel.
All ya gotta do is ask for it.
Critter
over the falls, a way of life

Postby Fish » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:23 pm

I like the haiku
A good idea it was
but for the poo poo
Fish

Postby Trula » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:08 pm

Did you know that sharks store urea in their bloodstream to help maintain isotonic conditions to remain in homeostasis. That is why you have to wash shark fillets before you eat them. The urea storage though is only for the saltwater species because freshwater dwellers have an opposite problem where the surrounding water has less salt than their bodies.
Another reason not to eat shark meat.
Portland - Where young people go to retire.
Trula
I embrace my inner tard

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:18 pm

Half right Trula....only half.

Sharks need to be bled properly to protect their meat. their meat does contain shak piss, but when bled it is drawn out and does not remain.

Sharks have no urinary tract system and secrete urine through their skin..now whether or not they "store it there" is not my expertise...but...what is my expertise is that you do not need to "wash" shark fillet before consumption. You do, however, need to smell it.

Even the freshest of shark flesh will smell of amonia if it has not been bled or handled properly.

Shark flesh should be bright and off whitish pink...with a brightly red blood line and resilient flesh.

If the meat is darker, yellowish, smells of amonia, or the bloodline brown..it is not of good quality and should only be consumed by morons such as Leo and Walrus.

Keep shark fillet as close to 32f as possible for sustained shelf life. Preferably using wet ice in a bag placed on top of the flesh in a refridgerator. allowa for drainage as shark will continue to secrete moisture as it rests, and should not be allowed to pool in it's drainage as this will cause the product to spoil quicker.

Shark is best when blackenned.

Bon apetit'
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby Fish » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:25 pm

yummy
Fish

Postby nm » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:29 pm

Oh yeah........I like mine with a little butter, garlic & lemon........on the grill.

:cool:
nm
somebody call my lawyer

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:30 pm

nmm wrote:Oh yeah........I like mine with a little butter, garlic & lemon........on the grill.

:cool:

really? On the grill? your man must be pretty tough...I would imagine that would hurt.
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby Fish » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:33 pm

grill marks on the moon
Fish

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:17 pm

I say ban this fu#$in website and oregon surfers

Postby orriginal » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:40 pm

leosurfschool wrote:I say ban this fu#$in website and oregon surfers

Nobody cares leo.

I wonder if eating shark meat is bad for the juju of a surfer...any thoughts?
Will work for board.
orriginal
Am I addicted to this?

Postby Ron Burgundy » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:26 pm

orriginal wrote:I wonder if eating shark meat is bad for the juju of a surfer...any thoughts?

know thy enemy. but then again, would anybody want to take a bite outta george w. bush?
I'm Ron Burgundy, go f#ck yourself San Diego
Ron Burgundy
I tube ride side saddle

Next

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners