Change font size   Print view

OregonSurfPage posting poll

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

Why do you come here?

Genuine interest
19%
Habit
81%

Total votes : 21

OregonSurfPage posting poll

Postby Stiffler » Wed May 10, 2006 8:53 pm

Do you still find the surfpage to be an informative, interesting forum?

Or do you find yourself coming back again and again during the day and being frustrated with the newbies, irritated at the lack of real content, and just wishing that you were really out surfing?
Stiffler

Postby 2tone » Wed May 10, 2006 9:13 pm

I can't vote yet... I don't really know... I have a feeling it's a bit of both... I would rather be surfing - no question... for sure... but I can't do that at all times.. I signed on the first time cuz I wanted to read up on surfing and talk about surfing and keep the stoke up... Most of the people I work with don't surf and well, there is no point in talking about surfing with them cuz either they probably don't care or can't relate... It does come up cuz people always ask 'how was your weekend, what did you do'... and well, all I do in the weekends is surf so... Sometimes, I don't even bother saying what I did in the weekend cuz well, I just sound... I dunno..I can't even explain it... so I come here thinking that at least I can read and talk about surfing and it keeps me going for the week.... But then since I've been here, I've had a bunch of good laughs and some topics have interested me and *sigh* I admit, I've come to really like lots of ya... :oops: Group hug!

I must admit, topics appear to have deteriorated since I first signed on and that was not too long ago... (I guess I am one of the newbies) I'm a part of this.. I'm not placing blame... Just commenting.. I do like that people can rant and get pissed off or share good stories and even give advise or take advise and still come back even after a rant or a bicker session on a thread... It's like it's own wierd little disfunctional family...
2tone

Postby Fish » Wed May 10, 2006 9:42 pm

I dont smoke pot anymore so I come here.
Fish

Postby The Betty » Thu May 11, 2006 1:00 am

2maw, greatest post you ever made.
Fish, love the new sig. Very revealing.

Ill take this opportunity to apologize for my arrogance or negativity towards longboarders. I lack the stoke you guys carry in your style. That sayse a lot about a surfer and I respect you guys.

That said, you guys eventually except people, even bettys and sailingsurfers. Thats a surfer trait to the bone. But then again, there will always be xBx. Is there hope for him here? Ehhh...
The Betty

Postby nm » Thu May 11, 2006 7:46 am

There isn't a show on TV Crapland that even comes close to the entertainment this place provides.

This page cycles. It has it's ups & downs. Topics get flat....then come alive. Posters come & go. A fabulous rollercoaster ride. Or should I say...........what crap did the tide bring in today?

btw: Sir SailingSurfer is no newbie. He's been around this page.....long before most of you......before it was the osp. (Sorry to out you SS.......but they were gonna find out sooner or later.) Keep up the good work. :lol:
nm
somebody call my lawyer

Postby mjr shrinkage » Thu May 11, 2006 7:59 am

i find the off topic and bitch and moan to be the most interesting.....i mean really....how interesting is surfing?....plus i get laid here all the time... 8)
ay caramba!!
mjr shrinkage
duck diving fool

Postby 2tone » Thu May 11, 2006 8:40 am

nmm wrote:There isn't a show on TV Crapland that even comes close to the entertainment this place provides.

This page cycles. It has it's ups & downs. Topics get flat....then come alive. Posters come & go. A fabulous rollercoaster ride. Or should I say...........what crap did the tide bring in today?

btw: Sir SailingSurfer is no newbie. He's been around this page.....long before most of you......before it was the osp. (Sorry to out you SS.......but they were gonna find out sooner or later.) Keep up the good work. :lol:

That was good... Just like most things, I guess - up and down.. people come and go... and it is better than most stuff on TV...

SS - HmmmMmmMmm- Wilbur? Wilbur :!: - or am I totally off base?
2tone

Postby nm » Thu May 11, 2006 8:45 am

Totally off base. Wilbur didn't post on the old page.
nm
somebody call my lawyer

Postby 2tone » Thu May 11, 2006 8:55 am

Dang! ok.. I give up... Just tell us then.. :lol: It probably won't matter cuz I probably won't know anyway... :? but tell us anyway :lol:
2tone

Postby gills » Thu May 11, 2006 8:57 am

Though threads often deteriote into absurdity, I'm here for the general stoke and information. I'm not a chat room guy and what I dig about OSP is that it's populated by a lot of cool folk who have interesting lives and interesting things to say. Plus, there is a bit of culpability because chances are you're gonna meet the people you go back and forth with. Plus, I need a break from my writing head and this is my first stop.
gills

Postby thurgood jenkins » Thu May 11, 2006 9:51 am

I started posting on here as I am a surf stoked little punk and would rather spend my working hours talking about surfing rather than actually working. My reasons eventually went from genuine interest to currently being habit.

THe OSP is my crack and you people ar emy pushers. YOu make me laugh you make me mad. And Swiss Tony, you make me cry.... I love this place it's deranged, disfunctional, and delightfully erotic. Plus not too many places would embrace the speedo like you fine folks. I plan on being an OSP'r to the grave.

In fact I am working on my very own OSP tattoo! :wink:
So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?

Stewie Griffin
thurgood jenkins
flotsam

Postby redliner » Thu May 11, 2006 9:54 am

I agree with NMM about the OSP having cycles.

I haven't been posting a whole lot as of late- mainly because the content has sucked.

As mod. I read all(most) of the posts, some are great- some are piles of poo.

It happens.

I come here because I want to. When that stops, so will I.
It always gets good after everyone leaves.
redliner
neoprene queen

Postby Stiffler » Thu May 11, 2006 10:20 am

Lately it's sucked. Wilbur was a lot of things good and bad, but he was pretty good at keeping the kookdom in submission. We've got people naming spots left and right, schooling other people about spots they've never been to, thinking that just because some spot isn't good or well known that it's ok to post directions and pics... f'in lame. Half of the content is lame sexual innuendo, and everybody is trying to out smart-azz the next guy. The people who seemed to surf the most...Holddown, fossilG, Tippy, CountryH, etc etc never post on here hardly.

I dunno, I could go on and on, but whats the point? Im not really a negative guy, it's not in my personality to police people, but damn...

Y' know, the surf page is just like the line-up. Its what you make of it. If you tolerate litter and crowding and kooks sitting on the inside, thats going to be your reality...

Alot of people use the surfpage as a crutch when they cant get out and get waves, and thats fine. Just help keep it a crutch worth using.
Stiffler

Postby intrepid » Thu May 11, 2006 10:22 am

I come here with the hopes to alleviate the drag that is known as "not surfing." This seems like the best place to do it. Most people here surf, and it's nice to read about surfing topics (most of the time) and off topic stuff as well.

Plus I enjoy seeing how SAD and others bungle their way through the English language. "Go get 'em spell Nazi!" :wink:
intrepid
I tube ride side saddle

Postby Foulweather » Thu May 11, 2006 11:11 am

stiffler wrote: lame sexual innuendo.

that's the only reason i come here. i should probably confess now, i don't surf. never have, never plan to.
Foulweather

Next

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners