Change font size   Print view

OregonSurfPage posting poll

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

Why do you come here?

Genuine interest
19%
Habit
81%

Total votes : 21

Postby Sixtwo240 » Thu May 11, 2006 11:15 am

nmm wrote:Totally off base. Wilbur didn't post on the old page.

Actually he did under the name "Big Dave"
He also used the name at the start of this page prior to the change over.

I think. . . . . I could be wrong as I often am.
I like frogs
Sixtwo240
I love a good soft top

Postby nm » Thu May 11, 2006 11:26 am

Technically...........I stand corrected. Thank you for pointing that out...Dave.

I was refering to the "alternate forum" that existed prior to the osp. You know the one.........the one that didn't require the administrator to review and edit content of submitted posts. Big Dave submitted his posts to that forum..........the white bread version of the osp. He did not have a running dialogue with the rest of us hellions on the alternate page. :wink:
nm
somebody call my lawyer

Postby mjr shrinkage » Thu May 11, 2006 11:28 am

well, before i moved to oregon i used to surf quality waves at least a few times a week...no time or desire for a silly surfpage....but then here i am... i found this page and thought the chat and banter would be helpful or at least warm hearted and a way to hook up for a surf...it was not....there was what i percieved to be alot of bullying and bull shart being slung around to no end....whats changed?....sorry but this isn't a line up that can be enforced.....in the lineup i keep my trap shut,smile alot and catch lotsa waves....here i pick up scraps and run with em like a smart arse......if anyone on this page actually behaves like you do on this page in the real world i feel sorry for ya.... this page is not life......get over it
ay caramba!!
mjr shrinkage
duck diving fool

Postby smithgrind » Thu May 11, 2006 11:35 am

stiffler wrote:We've got people naming spots left and right, schooling other people about spots they've never been to, thinking that just because some spot isn't good or well known that it's ok to post directions and pics... f'in lame. whats the point? .

Dude..it's a surf spot in Seaside. One of the best lefts in the PNW...
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby gills » Thu May 11, 2006 12:57 pm

smithgrind wrote:
stiffler wrote:We've got people naming spots left and right, schooling other people about spots they've never been to, thinking that just because some spot isn't good or well known that it's ok to post directions and pics... f'in lame. whats the point? .

HAAAAHAHHAHAAAAAA
gills

Postby Sparky » Thu May 11, 2006 4:37 pm

mjr shrinkage wrote:if anyone on this page actually behaves like you do on this page in the real world i feel sorry for ya.... this page is not life......get over it

I agree.. in real life I am a real prick and have no stoke.. I like being mean spirited and given the chance to ruin your stoke, I will :wink:
Sparky
coast guard rescue float

Postby Fish » Thu May 11, 2006 5:46 pm

smithgrind wrote:

BAAAAAAH HAHAHA!
Fish

Postby loli » Fri May 12, 2006 9:07 am

stiffler wrote:Half of the content is lame sexual innuendo, and everybody is trying to out smart-azz the next guy.

Hear, hear. NMM called it, its cyclical. I for one can't wait for the board to move on. Its been like one big circle jerk on here lately.

Wait, haha, does that last line count as a lame sexual innuendo? :wink:
loli
I think surfers are hot

Postby Quagmeyer » Fri May 12, 2006 9:12 am

Circle Jerk, count me in!

All Right!
Giggidy giggidy
Quagmeyer
surfing improved my love life

Postby Stiffler » Fri May 12, 2006 10:52 am

Flip on the lights... everybody else was just gently clapping hands. I can't believe you fell for that.
Stiffler

Postby Bison » Fri May 12, 2006 1:15 pm

I learned alot about OR. surfing here but now it's just cheap amusement and your tax dollars pay me for every minute of it....
no weak heart shall prosper
Bison
snowboarder know-it-all

Postby thurgood jenkins » Fri May 12, 2006 1:47 pm

My posts too are funded by the Canadian government, thanks tax payers!
So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?

Stewie Griffin
thurgood jenkins
flotsam

Postby sailingsurfer » Fri May 12, 2006 5:53 pm

>>>>>>>>>>
Last edited by sailingsurfer on Sat May 13, 2006 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sailingsurfer

Postby gills » Fri May 12, 2006 6:03 pm

sailingsurfer wrote:"btw: Sir SailingSurfer is no newbie. He's been around this page.....long before most of you......before it was the osp. (Sorry to out you SS.......but they were gonna find out sooner or later.) Keep up the good work."

Great, now I gotta play the O.G. card straight up.
um, yo?

Back in the days when I was a teenager, before I had status and before I had a pager....
gills

Postby Doc » Fri May 12, 2006 9:32 pm

I also go way, into the wayback of the OSP...I actually had some original content on the old page that was pulled from a site I had in the early 90's...the site died whan my computer died and I was too lazy to reload and maintain it...

As far as the current content of the posts...like redliner I read alot of the posts...scan is more like it...it's no Swaylocks as there is no specific goal or topic...but I think that it is better than many of the surf bb's out there...

I read the Surf Reports and look for specific posters that I can count on to actually have something surf related to say...other posters I check because I know I'll have to moderate...others I don't read at all...

I think that there used to be more politics, religion and philosophy discussions...but as said, that is cyclical...topics are brought up over and over and rehashed repeatedly...sometimes it pointed out

When I get bored or frustrated with the posts I just don't post...but inevitably there's something that comes up that I want to chime in on...

As someone who used to surf everyday...this is certainly a poor substitute for actual surfing...but even when I surfed everyday...i still yammered about surfing incessantly...it's just that now there's even more time to yammer

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

PreviousNext

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners