Change font size   Print view

oil prices, markets and government

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

Can it be done?

yes, the republicans are wielding oil as a political tool
63%
no, you idiot, pick up macroeconomics 101
25%
this is a surf forum, so shut the fcuk up you nerd
13%

Total votes : 8

Postby Ceedog » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:55 am

Kevin,

What happens when you have all the money you could ever need? What do you seek then?

I think Fossil brought up a good point about conspiracies. We have been conditioned for so many years that 'conspiracies' are bad. Don't look behind the curtain, stay out here with us.., we're your friends, we love you, we're your govn.

Think about this:

If you take 100 Americans and ask them this question, what do think would be the tally:

Do you trust your govn?

Try this as a fun test. Pick ten people and ask them this question. I'll bet your no's will be higher than 80%.

This brings up a key point from our founding fathers. Govns are not supposed to be trusted, that is why we were afforded so many protections in the constitution. We need to make the govn accountable, I know it's difficult now that the incremental stealing of states power has now manifested itself into a absurdly strong centralized govn. Think of all the new cabinets added to the executive branch. Each one signifies a wrestling of power away from the states, which are the rightful owners of such things as education and transportation.

It's all very simple, qui bono, who benefits? This applies to oil, gold, terror, govn contracts, war, etc. Like I've said before there are no accidents in politics. Do you honestly think that billions of dollars are just floating around waiting for someone to say, "maybe I should try and earn a few of those." I doubt it, it's being fought, cheated, bribed, and killed over. And Kevin I think your idea of 'myopic' greed may work for the powerless grunts doing the dirty work.

But I think, if you look, you will see that power is organized and it's greatest trick of course, is making us believe that it doesn't exist.
Carbon credits, brought to you by Enron. PM for quotes.
Ceedog
Jetsam

Previous

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners