Change font size   Print view

What would you have done?

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

What would you have done?

Quietly tried to get his attention?
21%
Not said anything risking a collision?
7%
Back off and let him fuuck up the wave?
14%
Get his undivided attention by?
29%
Give the kook the number to Johnny Rad's celly.
29%

Total votes : 14

Postby intrepid » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:29 pm

Sounds like a miscomunication. He thought you were yelling at him and you thought you were warning him. Stuff like this happens all the time. Why do you think Jerry Springer became so popular?
intrepid
I tube ride side saddle

Postby erzats » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:15 pm

I was about 30 feet away when it happened and think you were in the right wilko. I heard the yell and knew something would come of it. I think a lot of the kooks that surf there are otter regulars so not used to being told what the rules are. Funny thing is, although that wave isn't a hard wave to ride, it's damn hard to position for. Because of that, the mob is almost always going to be in the way to some degree and when a wave comes there will be jostling. All the more reason not to surf there if you aren't competent at traffic control.

When I got out of the water there a dude from Michigan asked about the waves. I told him to wait for a smaller day, rent from Ossies, and go to Ot ter.
erzats
core!

Postby guppy » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:50 pm

Doc wrote:Was it windy?

If so...get downwind of him...stomp hard on the tail...shoot your board high into the air...the spinning action of a 9"6" plus board should break his concentration...apologize for your ineptness.

Repeat as necessary.

Once everyone has gone in due to extreme fear...surf waves at your leisure...helll, even let a few "good" ones go by.

Doc

That'll work every time!!!

I'd paddle far away from you and wouldn't say a word to you till I saw you in the water another day...

and even then I'd be weary,
guppy
late takeoffs, that's how I roll......

Postby Stiffler » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:50 am

Surfed little rollers on thursday with about 30 other people

the only bad judgement call was by surfers #16 to 30 who arrived and decided to paddle out anyway.
Stiffler

Postby wanty » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:17 am

haha no sh*t. all for a wave that goes straight! Was adolph there?
wanty
Site Admin

Postby guppy » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:56 am

jump on his back, bite his ear then yell at him 'can you hear me now'
guppy
late takeoffs, that's how I roll......

Postby XBlueSilverX » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:18 pm

i would have prayed to baby jesus a meeor landed on him. And if that didn't work, i'd slash his car tires.
The problem with real life? There's no danger music..
XBlueSilverX
flinches for foamies

Postby erzats » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:00 pm

The best part were the three video cameras that were deployed to film the bros while they "surfed". I for one would not like to be filmed surfing there.
erzats
core!

Postby gills » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:18 pm

Pre CR, I'd have been all cool, but now that rip to high hell, doing rodeo flips on every wave-- truly, when you guys surf with me now, you're gonna be like, 'wow, that guy should be a pro' and you'll all want to have sex with me after seeing me surf. Now, I'd gut the MF with a bowie knife. Kill him Wilko. KILL HIM!
gills

Postby smithgrind » Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:00 pm

If people don't understand you, yell at them. Even if they don't speak
english they seem to understand things when the volume gets pumped up.
I lived abroad for a good chunk of my formative years and my old man never got around to learning Chinese, Arabic, German, Italian, Porteguese,
etc. but people seemed to get it when he started yelling.

Worked for him, it'll work for you.
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby losingtoday » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:53 pm

It was a zoo out there that day. Wilko was completely within his rights to call that guy off the wave, I was paddling out just inside and to the left when it happened, and I would have done the same thing. The guy on the bic was just a tool. Plain and simple. I found it hillarious when the guy on the bic was trying to start something and he had his little posse of bic guys who were just sitting there grinning like idiots. Then a little wave came and one who had been looking really smug turned, strugled to his feet and then blew it.
losingtoday
shorepounder

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:23 pm

M you are one of the most righteous postsers man. I would take your take on anything.

I would have loved to have been there. :twisted:
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby Fish » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:39 pm

gills wrote:Pre CR, I'd have been all cool, but now that rip to high hell, doing rodeo flips on every wave-- truly, when you guys surf with me now, you're gonna be like, 'wow, that guy should be a pro' and you'll all want to have sex with me after seeing me surf. Now, I'd gut the MF with a bowie knife. Kill him Wilko. KILL HIM!

Damn, you sound like that dude from Mavericks! What's his name? Jet ski junkie? git ski jerky? jet ski jonah? dah, i dont know.

Hey, who voted quietly get his attention? wankers
Fish
boogie boarders run ME over!

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:24 pm

I suspect they were liberals.
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby Fish » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:35 pm

no doubt.
Fish
boogie boarders run ME over!

PreviousNext

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners