Change font size   Print view

Is surfing a "meritocracy"

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

Is surfing a "meritocracy"

Poll ended at Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:10 pm

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes : 14

Postby Quagmeyer » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:23 pm

You'd assume right 80 -90 percent of the people in the water at that spot are unable to surf it with any ability... THey would be better off at the Jetty, then they're out of the way and might actually catch a wave instead of fighting rip all session.

But it is hard to get waves when the lokes are out, but not impossible... There are some jerks that surf there, and I've been screamed at by one guy only to tell him, "I'm not about to fight over waves, I'm just here to have a good time." ever since then he's been friendly to me and no probs... He'd even call me into a few... Go figure?
Giggidy giggidy
Quagmeyer
surfing improved my love life

Postby pickleweed » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:35 pm

The Blonde wrote: Pickle, were you one of the strokers or were you 'the guy'?

I just started surfing again, so I've become a stroker
pickleweed

Postby H2O » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:55 pm

Slur. Why so bitter and angry. Hatred oozes outa ya. Get help before it's too late
H2O
Mermaided

Postby wawaverider » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:31 pm

You know what I'm sick of hearing "Surfers who live near the coast make this sacrifice" boo hoo. You know what I've lived on the coast and I've lived in the city. Who makes a bigger sacrifice? You could argue the person that drives 2 hrs each way to surf and gets skunked with sh&*tty waves pays a bigger sacrifice. Not all the people that live in the city are rich and drive SUVs. This is such a good point I'm going to make a post about it.
wawaverider
I Macarena in my wetsuit

Previous

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners