Change font size   Print view

is it just me?

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

is it just me?

#1.. Mine nags all the time too
28%
#2.. Mine never nags.. he/she is completely understanding
28%
3#.. Are you kidding me.. mine wants to go surfing more then I do
6%
#4.. boyfriend/girlfriend???? what are those? I dont have time between sessions to know what that is
39%

Total votes : 18

is it just me?

Postby Sparky » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:15 am

I am curious if its just me.. or does this happen to the rest of you too??

I use to fish at least once a week but if the fish were in I would fish 2 or 3 times a week.. the wife use to nag all the time about how much time I was fishing.. Now that I surf.. I surf as often as I can financially afford to go.. Now my wife is constantly nagging me.. "why do you always go surfing and hardly ever go fishing anymore?" For me it seems like a no brainer.. I surf now because I get the same rush from catching a wave that I got from catching a fish.. but other then gas money.. I only have a stick of wax every couple of trips to buy. Plus I can always catch something surfing..even on the nastiest of conditions, I will catch something to ride and have some fun..

So does your wife, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend or significant other nag you that you spend to much time surfing?
Love many, trust few, do harm to none!
Sparky
coast guard rescue float

Postby nm » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:22 am

Mine naggs..............but it generally has nothing to do with surfing.:shock:

:wink:
n.

ps: I figured it out Sparky.......it's a beach towel......right?
nm
somebody call my lawyer

Postby Sparky » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:30 am

Umm NMM.. your hubby naggs.. he must only do it when I am not around :wink:

and no its not a beach towel.. though that would have been a good choice..

remember the clues I gave you.. small.. and you have to put it on while I am watching..
Sparky
coast guard rescue float

Postby waxed » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:30 am

Nagging is not quite the right word for my last girlfriend... it was a never ending beitch session. She was very adept at killing my stoke either before or after a good session, and sometimes both. Needless to say, she's an ex.

The new girlfriend hasn't nagged me about a single thing over the past 9 months; not the surfing, not the drinking, etc, nothing. Needless to say, I'm suspicious. :-k
waxed
I love a good soft top

Boyfrineds?

Postby Trula » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:54 am

I don't have a boyfriend. I think it is my priorities. The fact that I would dump him over surfing. Anyone have an opinion on teaching your boyfriend/girlfriend to surf. In my opinion, they willl probably not ever learn to love it as we all do and it puts one more idiot in the water. I actually got a call from a guy friday night asking to go surfing and unfortunatly I had to work. He does not have the IQ to figure it out, the guy is to flaky to learn IMHO.
Portland - Where young people go to retire.
Trula
I embrace my inner tard

Postby Shark Bait » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:22 pm

This older woman told me that it is in a woman's DNA to complain no matter what. Not saying I agree with her, but it made me think.
Shark Bait
cross stepping..... stumble bum

Postby Jacob » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:17 pm

From my experience it is not a good idea to teach a girlfriend how to surf. Chances are they will love it, start to pick it up - then eventually you will break up and she will be out in the line-up still. No fun to deal with an ex in the line-up!

But hey, if you're certain the relationshiip will work out, then more power to you.
Jacob
I do it Beavertail style

Postby loli » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:05 pm

Count me in as member #1 of the Lonely Hearts Club. No signifigant other, although I would love to have one that surfed! Right now all I have is a string of dates with guys named things like Larry, Biff, Ed, and Chainsaw who would rather show me how cool they look on their motorcyle.
loli
I think surfers are hot

Postby Trula » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:21 pm

Loli- At least they are not so dumb that they forget they ever went out on dates with you. Then one of your friends invites them to see a movie with all of you they bring some chick and are holding hands with them the whole time and don't notice that it might be a little awkward for you. Oh and to top it off the hug you in front of the chick at the end. They are constantly forgetting that you got kicked out of OSU, so if it comes up you have to retell them. In the end you realize that you now know why they want to be a counselor, because they will never have to worry about patiant confidentiality ecause they can't remember anything. I guess it just goes to show you that beachhouse privilages are not always worth all the work.
Portland - Where young people go to retire.
Trula
I embrace my inner tard

Postby Doc » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:41 pm

My wife always "wants" me to go surfing...but then when I suggest a time...It's generally "Yeahhh?...NO!...Tuesday isn't good."

Then when I do set a time..."What time will you be back?"..."Dark", I'll say. Then I get "I need you to be home by 5 at the latest." "But I can't get outta work 'til 1..." "Well, maybe tomorrow's not a good day?"

Lately, my strategy has been surf in the day, work at night when I can...but it's tough to get away when conditions are right.

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby orriginal » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:30 pm

My love worries about me all the time. Worries more than nags that is Surfing is my latest passion, and she sees it as another thing for her to worry about. I brought up the idea of wanting to try and longboard skate, and she almost lost her shtuff. "Why do you always have to pick the dangerous things to do? If it isn't swimming with sharks and rolling logs, it's barrelling down hills on a piece of wood. Why can't you just stick with one thing?" So maybe I should just keep on bringing up taking on new endeavors, and she will like surfing more and more, because of course I tell her that the landings are softer. I took her surfing and she liked it and gained a respect for how hard it was, and now I think she has some level of admiration for me learning how to do it and sticking with it, even though it is the most challenging thing since learning how to hit a golf ball straight.
Will work for board.
orriginal
Am I addicted to this?

Postby Sparky » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:35 pm

orriginal wrote: I took her surfing and she liked it and gained a respect for how hard it was, and now I think she has some level of admiration for me learning how to do it and sticking with it, even though it is the most challenging thing since learning how to hit a golf ball straight.

You can hit a golf ball straight?? well your already one up on me :wink:

Actually I can hit a golf ball straight.. every time too.. everytime I hit a golf ball it goes straight into the rough :P
Sparky
coast guard rescue float

Postby wilko » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:23 pm

:idea:
Last edited by wilko on Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wilko

Postby Ron Burgundy » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:38 pm

dont have one. dont want one. dont need one.

its football/basketball/baseball season right now, and my true love is cable.
I'm Ron Burgundy, go f#ck yourself San Diego
Ron Burgundy
I tube ride side saddle

Postby thurgood jenkins » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:25 pm

If you only knew buddy.... :(
So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?

Stewie Griffin
thurgood jenkins
flotsam

Next

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners