Change font size   Print view

Rumsfeld's views on freedom

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

If you were free you would...

Viciously Kill Others
40%
Go Do Some Crimes
40%
Harass Any Available Minorities
No votes
Engage in Some Ethnic Cleansing
20%

Total votes : 5

Rumsfeld's views on freedom

Postby Doc » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:25 pm

During his speech at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York on October 4, 2004 Donald Rmsfeld responded to a question about the possibility of civil war in Iraq...

QUESTIONER: Mr. Secretary, my name is Steven Mukamal. On your previous visit, I thanked you for liberating the country of my birth. Today, I have a question for you: Do you have a scenario in case there is a civil war?

RUMSFELD: There is a risk of things happening in any country that one doesn't want to happen. And when a particularly repressive government is removed, the repression ends, freedom is there. People are then free to be rational, or to be vicious killers. I mean, once you're free, you are free to be a criminal, or you can be an anti-Semite; you can be a--go out and engage in ethnic cleansing, and do all kinds of things that are--that free people do in different parts of the globe.

Uhhhh...

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby Shark Bait » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:33 am

That statement is chilling.

Free countries STOP that sort of thing, Mrs Rummy. Dontcha know?
Shark Bait
cross stepping..... stumble bum

Postby Colonel Kook » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:41 am

Your poll is hysterical! I've always had my reservations with Mr. Rumsfeld.
Colonel Kook
Mermaided

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners