Change font size   Print view

Pissing.

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

Should welfare recipients have to piss to get/keep benefits?

Yes.
68%
No way! What kind of Nazi tactic is that?
23%
Wilbur is the sexiest man on the planet.
9%

Total votes : 22

Pissing.

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:01 pm

I would gamble a guess that the vast majority of us had to pee to get our jobs.

Some of us have to pee to keep them.

Some of us are subject to random drug tests, or drug testing when accidents occur.

I had to piss to get my job. I am subject to random piss tests under DOT regulations (I hold a CDL) and am subject to piss tests if I am involved in an acident that involves property damage or injuries.

Why don't welfare recipients have to piss to get/keep benefits?
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby Trula » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:05 pm

Well then who would we give welfare money to? Financial aid for students will not give you money if you are convicted of crimes involving drugs. Sounds fair.
Portland - Where young people go to retire.
Trula
I embrace my inner tard

Postby Stiffler » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:24 pm

i voted yes, but it occurs to me that the cost of the testing itself may eclipse the cost of the benefits. doesnt matter, it'll never happen.
Stiffler

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:30 pm

No way it will eclipse the cost. The average piss test costs less than $50. The average Oregon trail Card is way more than that, each month.

I propose they piss to get the benefits, then are subject to random piss tests after that.

this was spawned by an email a friend sent me, but is a thought I ahve had for a long time. It was made more poignant as I was in 7-11 one evening buying smokes and a coke. there was this druggie couple in there and the chick had teh guy check her "card" to see how much she had left. She was so excited when she was told she had $253 left on it. She yelled across to her guy "get whatever you want baby, we got plenty of money left!".

I had $23 left in bank acount from my paycheck that I work 50+ hours a week to get.

We should not have to piss so we can work to pay for their junk fiood at 7-11 on their way to score some dope.
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby Trula » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:30 pm

If my job taht paid minimum wage could afford it then we can drug test welfare recipients.
Portland - Where young people go to retire.
Trula
I embrace my inner tard

Postby Gazsurf » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:10 pm

How can you smoke if you only have $23.00 in your bank account?
"I disagree with these experts. Someone has got to stand up to experts."

Texas Board of Education member McLeroy rejecting science over creationism.
Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:56 pm

I only had $23 in my bank account because I smoke. it's all in how you look at it.

For what it is worth, my cold turned into a sinus infection turned into an ear infection because I smoke.

I really need to quit.

Sorry..off topic.
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby The Blonde » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:42 pm

I think he was talking about smoking weed there smart feller.

Im with stiffler. Its bad enough to have to pay for people's groceries, medical, job training, day care, housing and utility......It would really suck to also have to pay for there piss. 50$ per cup is a lot of freaken money when you look at the % of people on benefits.
I approve this message
The Blonde
Am I addicted to this?

Postby Gazsurf » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:56 pm

It's cheaper to pay them off weekly than to look after their kids when they fail the piss test and we take them into custody...............?
"I disagree with these experts. Someone has got to stand up to experts."

Texas Board of Education member McLeroy rejecting science over creationism.
Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

Postby Doc » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:07 pm

I think there's a huge difference between an employer that is trying to ensure a drug free work place and government testing for drug use and then denying aid for the poor, addicted or homeless...so, no.

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:15 pm

Well fukin-a....I just had a brainstorm.

Where's teh section 8 housing in PC?

As a single parent in an economically challenged area such as PC, you can see how tyough it would be for me to get gainful employment. Yep..get me some benefits...and surf every day...on the government tit! Maybe smoke some pot, slang some meth on the side for bonus surf trips.

Beautiful!

Thanks for the ideas!
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby fossilgrom » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:15 pm

works for me.

BTW against drug testing period...unless everyone, including the prez and all congressmen, senators and judges are subject to mandatory testing as well.

One of the most blatant inavasions of our privacy and trampling of our civil rights to happen to americans...and we just let it happen.
free your mind, your @ss will follow
fossilgrom
a garage full of dusty surfboards

Postby Fish » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:26 pm

Additional:

Why do they get to buy Tillamook Special Reserve Extra Sharp Cheddar with the Trail card?????

Eh, whatever happened to government cheese?

personally, I don't know who's making these decisions in our government, whether democrat or azzhole but they are making it too enjoyable to be on welfare. Make it so they want to get off of it.

My family was on gov assistance for a bit. We got off of it. how? We all went to work goddamit.

That big brown box of cheese sure did make some tasty grilled chese sandwiches though! I miss it!
Fish
boogie boarders run ME over!

Postby erzats » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:30 pm

F-no. Unless you are going to keep people from drinking, going to strip clubs, etc. Just because a recreation form is socially frowned upon (to a lesser or greater degree) doesn't mean it should be more heavily regulated. I can see how finding a way to keep people clear of drugs that are detrimental to their capability to benefit society would be worthwhile, but I think you'd find your program screwing a greater majority of people who are just having a little much needed fun and aren't abusing the drugs in question. This fades into the argument about which drugs should be regulated and by how much. It would be a huge invasion of privacy and probably wind up hurting people more than helping them.
erzats
core!

Postby Fish » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:31 pm

Gazsurf wrote:It's cheaper to pay them off weekly than to look after their kids when they fail the piss test and we take them into custody...............?

good point.

this is waaay too intricate.

My solution. KILL YOUR TV. KILL your RADIO.

MY goal in life is to Nikolai Tesla all of your goddam electronics.

he he, kind of ironic, no? get it? get it? huh? huh?
Fish
boogie boarders run ME over!

Next

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners