Change font size   Print view

What stoketh thee...

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

Re: What stoketh thee...

Postby Tex » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:23 pm

I predict federal legalization by 2020.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby Major Lazer » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:39 pm

It will be interesting. Funny to still hear..... we're getting into the weed business. I haven't paid for weed in years. People are giving that shitt away for free locally. 95% is going out of state to the black market, mafia, and Mexi cartels. Not going to support that, no way. Good thing turned bad IMO.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby pra_ggresion » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:33 pm

95% is going out of state to the black market, mafia, and Mexi cartels.

The burden of fault is on the federal governments absurd War on Drugs. Oregon is doing the right thing imo. One good thing I've seen come out of this has been cultivation of a positive weed culture that has heavy DIY undertones. Also stoked on the noticeable uptick with the massive amounts of weed I've gotten as gifts since legalization. I think I would have preferred a simple decriminalization but as it's gone down, I like the fairly classy standards set for weed shops. They usually have excellent artisan wares and good artwork. Also like how there's always a baked stoner helping you out. Be as it may that corporations are trying to get their grubby hand in the pot, for now it all belongs to the scene we choose to support.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion
I post better than I surf

Postby Major Lazer » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:57 pm

Haven't really had to go to a weed shop once. And when I have its been hit or miss and expensive. And with the tax everyone claimed was going to save our schools and roads, both pretty much still suck. They have closed libraries and schools in Southern Oregon where your favorite Californians are buying up all the land to start their huge farms. DIY is dead IMO. It seems to be one big money grub.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Tex » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:41 am

Alot of the growers I see are trying to scale basement operations into warehouse operations...it is not pretty. They usually dont last past a year after a couple of utility bills totally sink them.
Tex

Postby bluesilver » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:51 pm

Tex wrote:Alot of the growers I see are trying to scale basement operations into warehouse operations...it is not pretty. They usually dont last past a year after a couple of utility bills totally sink them.

If they can afford them, LED fixtures do a great job - less power, less heat. McDonalds uses them to grow potatoes for fries
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Tex » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:25 pm

Upfront costs are still a painpoint for growers but no doubt, the technology of LED for horticulture is changing rapidly. Plus there are some utility incentives for LED upgrades...which always helps.
Tex

Postby bluesilver » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:22 pm

I've made a ton of money on crypto-currencies.
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Tex » Thu May 17, 2018 7:54 pm

Coming home and seeing my 12 year old watching You Tube clips of the worst surfing wipeouts in 2018 and still amped to get out at first light on Saturday for a session.
Tex

Previous

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners