Change font size   Print view

Invade Canada?

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

Should the US invade Canada, thereby securing thier oild production for ourselves, forcing the Libs to move to Switzerland, and all the while securing the Stanely Cup as an American icon?

Invade the hosers eh?
68%
Invade? What's that all aboot?
32%

Total votes : 22

Re: Brew

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:47 pm

Trula wrote:Strange Brew was Cananda's best contributiong to the US ever.

I must concur.

With The Rev's bashing of the US lately...I think it is time for us to once again look at the possiblility of sending a Troop of Boyscouts up there and taking them over.
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby Koo Nass » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:36 pm

I could ban the Rev for not being an Oregonain or posting from Oregon, but I am still waiting on some of his homegrown good cheer.
Koo Nass

Postby thurgood jenkins » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:55 pm

I can't believe I missed this thread for so long, geez I probably would have had something for you gusy to bash by now.
As for the Alberta Oil Sands, dead against it, After reading Tony Parsons book on the pure water crisis I learned that in order to get 1000 gallons of oil out of the oil sands we must create 9000 gallons of waste water as a result of the extraction process, cleaning this water is costly and really pretty much impossible to be fit for human consumption. Along with that it is adding to desertification in the area; sure it creates jobs, but if we invested time and money into more renewable resources I think we'd all be better off in the long run.
As for the BC coast, that one hits close to home, thankfully the native tribes in the area are opposed to it, coupled with that, much like the alaska refuge there is little known about actually oil quantities in the area of question. As well that area is home to over 40 endangered species. It makes me sick that our governement is willing to destroy one of the last pristine coast lines on earth for a quick buck. So far there has been much opposition and very little progress on this project which is good. One thing I do not understand is how they don't invest more in wind power ont he islands coast. There is a project in the works for a wind turbine in the port hardy area which can supply power to 8000 homes, I think this along with tidal power should be more actively explored due to the less negative impact on the environment in the area, and the fact that the wind and tide will be around for ever while the oil will eventually disappear.
As for the Americans invading Canada if that ever happens, I'll be the one in the bushes with the high powered rifle, sipping on Lucky Lager and picking off any wanker that comes my way. Vive la Canada, oh and you guys can have Quebec, I never liked those francaphonies anyways.
Last edited by thurgood jenkins on Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?

Stewie Griffin
thurgood jenkins
flotsam

Postby Bison » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:36 pm

Doc wrote:except without...the nationalistic fervor

thurgood jenkins wrote:

well I'm sure there was some nationalistic babble in his last post, I just didn't want to read it.

I suck wrote: those sonsabitches gave me the runaround at the border last time I'm all for pasting the Red White and Blue on our northern neighbors.

That sh!t happened to me too!! They turned me away at the border because of a minor in possesion of alcohol ticket I got on my 20th birthday. That's not even a crime in Canada and it was 10 years ago!!!

Take that sh!t over!!!!!
no weak heart shall prosper
Bison
snowboarder know-it-all

Postby thurgood jenkins » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:53 pm

You're mad because we let you in for having a criminal charge, you should be mad at your own government for having a drinking age of 21.
So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?

Stewie Griffin
thurgood jenkins
flotsam

Postby Bison » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:54 pm

I am

but if I were Canadian with a similar charge I could still enter the US.
Bison
snowboarder know-it-all

Postby thurgood jenkins » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:25 pm

Not necessarily I have noticed your border guards are fairly rude and more uptight than ours though again I am sure that they're easier on citizens of their own country. I have heard plenty of stories of Canadians being denied entry to the states because of long ago charges and convictions. This one guy I heard of had to fly direct to go to Mexico even though it costed hiom a bunch extra because he had a possession of pot charge from several years prior and the states wouldn't let him in the country.

Stewie Griffin
thurgood jenkins
flotsam

Postby Fish » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:36 pm

ANd I suppose invading Canada would be cheaper than growing our own fuel?

Oh yeah, boyscouts are volunteer.
Fish

Postby XBlueSilverX » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:22 pm

Koo Nass wrote:I could ban the Rev for not being an Oregonain or posting from Oregon, but I am still waiting on some of his homegrown good cheer.

cheer cheer!!!!!!!!
The problem with real life? There's no danger music..
XBlueSilverX
flinches for foamies

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:46 pm

Swiss Tony has been known to invade a Canadian on occasion.

Regards,

ST

Postby Bison » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:40 am

thurgood jenkins wrote:I have heard plenty of stories of Canadians being denied entry to the states because of long ago charges and convictions. This one guy I heard of had to fly direct to go to Mexico even though it costed hiom a bunch extra because he had a possession of pot charge from several years prior and the states wouldn't let him in the country.

ok, but those are criminal offenses in the US...I was denied for having done something which your country considers legal...where's the logic in that? Oh yeah and they were total diks about it too.
Bison
snowboarder know-it-all

Postby Trula » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:06 pm

ImageImage
Trula
I embrace my inner tard

Postby XBlueSilverX » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:48 pm

lmao trula, sweet pics and sweeter movie. I got WASTED in 8th grade by taking a drink everytime they said "beer, eh" in that movie. rogua ale is nasty crap.

Wilbur.. nice thread, its a year later and i didnt know anythin about all of this... Canada could seriously use the income to build a military consisting of more than a handful of tanks and a bunch of old, used gear from the 1st world war that the USA donated to them.. but, i know we all can understand and agree on the importance of ending the need for oil...
sometimes i wonder though... it is too late for us? have we done un-repairable damage to the world that will ultmately mean the end of human kind (as we know it anyways)? I've wondered this for a long time.. a lot of crazy stuff has been happening with the world lately and they are blaming global warming...
what do you guys think? is there hope for us?
The problem with real life? There's no danger music..
XBlueSilverX
flinches for foamies

Postby Fish » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:49 pm

there is always hope
Fish

Postby scratchchance » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:10 am

Have you seen this web site?

http://www.invadecanada.us/
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
Jim Elliot
scratchchance
I wax the bottom of my board