Change font size   Print view

What pisses me off...........

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

Postby Gazsurf » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:20 am

Duplicitous posts.
"I disagree with these experts. Someone has got to stand up to experts."

Texas Board of Education member McLeroy rejecting science over creationism.
Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

Postby nasty » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:21 am

People who vomit the thesaurus.
nasty

Postby Gazsurf » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:43 am

Or ejaculate the thesarthingy........

Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:28 am

That Oregon DOT and Big Brother in general.

Got a letter the other day from the DOt saying...hey...we noticed you ahve a registered motorcycle but DMV records show you have no endorsement.

They went to tout the Teen..uh I mean Team Oregon classes (whores) and how there has been such a hge increase in motorcycle fatalities and blah blah blah.

Hey morons...I have had several registerd bikes over the years. I have NEVER had an endorsement.

I have yet to lay a scoot down in a savage manner.

You want to know what is killing these kids on the motorcycles?

the kids and the motorcycles.

The vast majority of deaths (especially in the last couple of years) can be directly related to new, young, inexperienced riders on way more bike than they can handle.

The Katana I had was way tame in comparison to the Jigsters and what not these young guys have. That Katan weighed 450 lbs and had 92 horses with 50 ft lbs of torque. It's power band was incredible. Stock numbers have it rated at 0-60 in 4 seconds. I can tell you it was more like 3 or less. With a rider it equals about 6.5 lbs per horse.

In comparison an $87,000 Dodge Viper carries a weight of around 3500 lbs with a 500 hp powerplant. This equals (with a driver) somewhere around 7 lbs per horse. It also has a 0-60 around 4 seconds.

The differnece? Well...for one...no 18 year old kid I know can walk into a dealership and buy an $87,000 car. For that price you could buy a baker's dozen of Katanas. Also, when you wipe out in the Viper, that safety cage in the body is probably going to help you out a bit more than when you lose it flying along inches away from meat-shredding asphalt.

The other week an associate of mine lost his 20 year old son in a single vehicle accident. You know what killed him? He did. Went to fast into a turn. What was he riding? A crotch rocket. How long had he been riding? Three months.

And he had an endorsement from Teen Oregon.

You want to reduce the fatality rate in motorcycles? Restrict the size of bike anyone under the age of 21 can ride. And outlaw anyone under the age of 18 riding a street motorcycle.

Screw you ODOT. The only thing that has saved my @ss on a scoot over the years is me and a bit of luck. That endorsement does not mean a thing.
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby surfnride » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:59 am

good post wilbur, stupid+horsepower is never a good combination.
This guy is pretty stupid

http://www.oregonnews.com/article/20070 ... 9835684159
If its flat then go ride!
surfnride
secret spots are my forte

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:21 am

“I was doing 130 and he was pulling away from me like I was standing still,” Stedman said.

Next time you are out and notice a pack of crotch rockets....look at how young these guys are...and what the machines they are riding are capable of....

what an idiot.
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby Gazsurf » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:37 pm

Get the endorsement before somebody pulls a Uie in front of you.........

Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

Postby Fish » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:23 pm

my credit card company saying in a letter that "Yes, we are breaking your customer agreement and raising your APR by 11% and there is nothing that you can do about it but cancel your card"
Fish
boogie boarders run ME over!

Postby grizldoldfk » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:50 am

flat spells
grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Postby pickleweed » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:14 pm

brothers computer is hooked up to my network so i cant use my computer its giving me messages in konji cant read konji so i have to click on everything in the message to see what happens
pickleweed

Postby pickleweed » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:53 pm

working on a grant for a year and a half that is supposed to be for poor people and being told they arent going to approve it because i dont have enough money in other words we arent going to give you any money because you dont have any money
No big deal Right but they sent me letters asking me to do something and i would do it then they would send me a letter asking me to do 2 things related to that one thing then they would send me another letter asking me to do 4 things related to those two things it was the polymerase chain reaction of grants No big deal Right but in every letter they wrote they would say that they would close my file if i didnt complete what they wanted done in a certain time fraim they had me going i felt like i was close I just had to do a couple more things and i would be approved they asked me to rewrite complete sections of the grant over almost the entire grant 3 times
No big deal. Right. but they could of told me a couple weeks after i submitted the grant that they couldnt give me any money because i didnt have enough money
it was a good con. i fell for it. Classic. target a desperate poplulation, give them hope, string them along and get all that you can out of them while giving them nothing in return, use fear (we are going to close your file if you dont do this by this date) imply that theyre close (just one more thing), promise a lot, deliver very little if not nothing at all, use credentials to gain trust (we are a government organization) ect ect
Quite a racket The only people who benefit from this organization are the people working there They tell the legislature they have helped something like 15 thousand people in the last funding session while they only spent so much money The legislature thinks theyre doing great so they give them more money With the money the workers give themselves raises and go on conferences to hawaii to learn `how to serve their clients better`
pickleweed

Postby Ceedog » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:47 pm

Working 12hrs and only getting a 1/2hr lunch.
Carbon credits, brought to you by Enron. PM for quotes.
Ceedog
Jetsam

Postby 47 Degrees » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:25 am

old guys on harleys that automatically think they are better riders even though they did not grow up riding dirtbikes and have no idea what a track day is.
47 Degrees

Postby grizldoldfk » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:15 am

i know you aint talking about me...
cause i don't ride them.
i just try to make them run.
and plus, everybody in 6th grade p.e. knows what track day is. zz
grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Postby pickleweed » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:36 am

grizldoldfk wrote:i know you aint talking about me...
cause i don't ride them.
i just try to make them run.
and plus, everybody in 6th grade p.e. knows what track day is. zz

Ha!
pickleweed

PreviousNext

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners