Change font size   Print view

A Celebration of Life

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

A Celebration of Life

Postby Tex » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:57 am

Its been a heavy month for me and my family. My wife lost her favorite Aunt, Patty Hardy to colon cancer after battling for 5 yrs. She passed peacefully over to the other side at home surrounded by her husband and her two daughters ages 25 and 27. Patty was too young, only 66 but she lived a very full life and she was ready. At the celebration of life up in Ballard, her husband who attended Maritime Academy, sailed the world and was a caption of a large commercial fishing boat rang a nautical bell 8 times signifying the end of watch. It was super powerful and hit us all right where it was supposed to, in the heart. On Saturday, we spread her ashes on the coast. We got there at 7:45 am and it was already 70 degrees on the beach. We found a perfect sand dollar and decided that was the best place to spread her ashes. We set her free....and now she gets to hang out with my brother whose ashes were spread just a few miles south. We had a perfect day on the coast, unbelievably warm and visually epic. The universe aligned to give us a perfect send off. Below is the reflection I wrote for my beloved aunt.

Patty Hardy
Our Divine Connector

Good morning everyone,
My name is John Morris, I am the husband of Theresa Carbonneau, Patty’s niece.

On Wednesday night before I prepared this short reflection, I took time to clear my mind and meditate on Patty. I wanted to center myself in Patty and align myself to any messages I may hear.
The following words were typed during that meditation:

“It is so beautiful here…oh John, I am surrounded by my loved ones from this lifetime and from many other lifetimes. I was welcomed with loving arms and I was never once scared. I am in an amazing place, filled with peace and love. What I want you to know is that you all are loved so deeply beyond what you could ever imagine. We are all connected and these connections are the most important things we have during our time on earth.”

Patty Hardy is an original blessing. She plays so many roles for everyone in this room. She is our best friend, she is our aunt, she is our sister, she is our mother, she is Brendan’s wife and she is one hell of an jokester!

Patty is one of the most important people in my life. I met her at St. Annes in the late 80’s…we were both confirmation team leaders and we sang in the choir together. And by singing together, what I really mean is that she would do solos and I would just mouth the words of the chorus so I didn’t mess everyone else up.

I still remember the day that she said she wanted me to meet her niece who was coming up for a visit from San Antonio. Patty chaperoned our first blind date and the rest is history. Theresa and I were married 9 years later, we have been married for 23 years and have two sons Tyler and Elijah. AND…. Theresa’s best friend met my best friend at our rehearsal dinner and now they are married with three lovely daughters.

So Patty has my deepest gratitude and appreciation for all she has brought to my life.
She introduced me to my soul mate and now I have two amazing sons. I have 2 soul brothers in Brendan and Frank, and I have two soul sisters in Emily and Miranda.

Look around you, the divine tapestry of souls she has woven with her friends, family and loved ones is overwhelmingly beautiful.

Patty is a Divine Connector, her love for us is eternal and in fact it transcends the physical plane.
At some point over the next hours, days, weeks, take some quiet time to yourself and allow yourself to tune in to her frequency. She will connect with you in exponentially greater ways than you can even imagine. In her Divine being, she will show you beautiful connections for you to experience in this lifetime.
Align to her frequency and she will joyfully show you the light that surrounds you.

Patty is a beacon and just as she did in the physical form, she will help light your way to meaningful connections.
You will feel her in a song.
You will see her in the sky.
You will hear her in your dreams and meditations.
She is our angel and she is always available to us.
I love you Patty, I will never be able to thank you enough for all the gifts you have given me.

I want to share with everyone what happened immediately after writing these words. As I entered the living room to visit with Theresa and Elijah, we all were amazed to see one of the brightest and most vibrant rainbows we have seen in a long time. We all agreed that Patty was sending us her love and the timing of that connection could not have been more perfect for all of us.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Re: A Celebration of Life

Postby Chanel Derrière » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:01 am

Damn Tex. I kind of needed to read that right now.

The recently deceased giving you such a gift.

Condolences to your family.
Pink Floyd and Single Fin Logs.
Chanel Derrière
cross stepping..... stumble bum

Postby Tex » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:01 pm

Thanks CD, I found that I really needed to share it with the OSP, I am lucky to have a group of folks that I can share heavy shite with. Your post actually inspired me to "get real" with this amazing collection of souls.
Tex

Postby BOX » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:37 am

That was beautiful, Tex. Thanks for sharing.
BOX
secret spots are my forte

Postby Tex » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:04 am

BOX is back!?!?!?!?!? So glad you jumped on even if only for a minute. We are a stronger crew with your contributions and observations brother.
Tex

Postby bluesilver » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:24 pm

Keep your head up brother.
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)