Change font size   Print view

Hmmm? It makes you think. Doesn't it.

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

The same or Different

Poll ended at Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:20 am

Same
40%
Similar
20%
Different
40%

Total votes : 5

Hmmm? It makes you think. Doesn't it.

Postby pickleweed » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:20 am

xxxxx
Last edited by pickleweed on Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pickleweed

Postby brdsurf » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:57 pm

The only way these things are the same is in the way the White guy basically screwed the others.
If you have a beef with the Quinault to bad. The land is rightfully theirs to do as they wish. Go somewhere else. In the case of the others well, native peoples getting screwed again.
"I have to overcome that safety mechanism that wants to rise up in me and to keep me from doing something that could kill me."
"Everything’s okay until it isn’t."
brdsurf
straight.......like a boomerang

Postby erzats » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:27 pm

Vastly different to not even comparable.

Lets see. White people introduced small pox and other virulent diseases decimating Native Americans beginning in the 1600s probably earlier. By the late 1700s us honkeys had made it out West and started trading with the native Americans introducing alcohol and a bunch of bad shite. By the mid 19th century they were so weakened ond overwhelmed population wise that a crap land deal with promises of some government support was enough to quiet them down. A nation of people and an entire culture wrecked. One of the few native groups that had the occasional fat person indicating that life was good. Further north, NW natives even had enough spare time to go raiding on other tribes. They want a little sovereignty on remaining scraps of land. that's the least we can do (I'm assuming you are white pickleweed).

Situation in SA was similar, but the white held the aboriginal people down until quite recently as demarked by that sign and the surfers relatively short board indicating the photos were taken within the past few decades. (Gaz, chime in here wherever)

Have you tried asking around for permission to access Quinalt land? you might get lucky. You might meet some cool people.
erzats
core!

Postby gills » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:51 pm

oh come on brd and erzatz--- they are after all both SIGNS.
gills

Postby Gazsurf » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:01 pm

I think Brd's first line says it all.

..... that second and fourth sign were probably removed within 5 years due to national elections, thankfully.

Erzat's question of PW's (hmmmmm....... the old crocodile?)* race is probably correct.

Get a boat if it bothers you, the water is open to all.

Blaming the victim are you PW?

You wouldn't give a rat's azz if there wasn't a little surf and you know it........

Treaty. Treaty. Treaty.
"I disagree with these experts. Someone has got to stand up to experts."

Texas Board of Education member McLeroy rejecting science over creationism.
Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

Postby Spider » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:10 pm

very interesting in the light of the 7 -no, 8! pages long immigration discussion.
they could just build a wall, right, just like some of you think we should build to keep people other than us out.
Spider
I tube ride side saddle

Postby pickled » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:25 am

who cares gayz, beachs should be open to all, waves or no...f#@k resorts.
if can, can. if no can...den neva mine.
pickled
Mermaided

Postby brdsurf » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:42 am

Your last name isnt Custer is it? Any family bitterness in there? And whats this F#&k resorts crap? Last I knew there were so many resorts on Reservation lands..... at least not a high percentage compared to those that are living in poverty or close to it.
"I have to overcome that safety mechanism that wants to rise up in me and to keep me from doing something that could kill me."
"Everything’s okay until it isn’t."
brdsurf
straight.......like a boomerang

Postby Stiffler » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:36 pm

i want to just delete this thread. but i can't do that. i may be a caveman, but I am a moderator too.
Stiffler

Postby pickled » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:19 am

nope, not a custer. i say f@#k resorts because i don't think beach access should be limited to anybody, regardless of whose land it is. quinault resort has no more rights to the beach than anybody in my opinion. so f@#k them.
if can, can. if no can...den neva mine.
pickled
Mermaided

Postby pickleweed » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:31 pm

xxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by pickleweed on Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pickleweed

Postby pickleweed » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:33 pm

hhhhhhhhhh
Last edited by pickleweed on Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pickleweed

Postby King of El Cariso » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:00 pm

I thought the Viking's were here first..... The surf just sucked that time of year on the right coast
King of El Cariso

Postby smithgrind » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:52 pm

pickled wrote:nope, not a custer. i say f@#k resorts because i don't think beach access should be limited to anybody, regardless of whose land it is. quinault resort has no more rights to the beach than anybody in my opinion. so f@#k them.

Fact is you're fu*cked whether you think it's right or not. Welcome to the US of A and land rights issues.
Reality is, not everyone votes that beaches are all access to everyone.
Ever leave Oregon and deal with beach access issues in other parts of the country or the world?
Try it. You might realize how good you have it here.

..if not, deal with gettting f*cked with and suck up the consequences. Either way, stop being a sissy on this board about it...remember, it's a free country... :lol: for both sides of the issue. In this case, you're on the losing side...too f*ckin bad.
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby guppy » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:05 pm

When I own coastal land I'll make sure everyone of all race, creed and disrespect can use and abuse it just so pickleweed doesn't get mad at me...

there are coves, beaches and even islands that are unaccessable for whatever reason. ie: pt magu, irvine cove, emerald bay, camp pendelton

there are a lot of places I can't trespass but I don't go around comparing them to racist.

"enrolled Quinault" did catch my attention though, so I guess I have to ask. Can someone not Quinault enroll?

If not, then yes, a vauge similairity. But still not as strong as your language suggests PW, as I'm sure a tribal member can take along friends.
guppy
late takeoffs, that's how I roll......

Next

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)