Change font size   Print view

Flavor of the hour

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Postby WC » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:16 pm

Taylor Swift!
ImageImage
Save the Seagulls.
WC
duck diving fool

Postby Spent » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:00 pm

Vi Subversa

Emma Goldman
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby Spent » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:08 pm

Spent

Postby WC » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:36 am

and for every sensitive dude "running to the rescue/defense of women" (so he can get in their pants), theres some super hot way cool independent woman who can save/defend herself just fine and doesn't want to play "victim" to society or men.
Save the Seagulls.
WC
duck diving fool

Postby Spent » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:50 am

i hate to doubt your intelligence WC but you might want to re-read that text. its not about 'saving' women.

then you can re-watch the deerhunter.
Spent

Postby bluesilver » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:29 am

Spent wrote:Vi Subversa

Emma Goldman

I'd be pissed off looking if I looked like them as well. You know I never hear a good looking/healthy weighing (being obese is not healthy, no matter how many fat americans have made it the national average and norm) girl complaining about not being obese and angry.
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby bluesilver » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:37 am

Hey Spent, sounds like your all for sexual reform. You want men to be women and women to be men. You think eliminating all polarity between the sexes is a good idea? It's not, but it's one of the reasons the divorce rate is so high in my opinion. Feminists have destroyed society and just do not know when to stop. You guys work so hard to make men sensitive, more caring, gentile, essentially turing men into whiny bitches who cry and need to share their emotions all the time. They stop defending their women because they are scared - they expect the now masculine women to protect them. Yes, you are turning women into men.

What's interesting is that a lot of these feminist crazies are no different then a typical man. And often they are gay. So of course they are going to demonize men as you do, FP, for doing thge same things they and you do as well. I feel sorry for your wife is she's quite masculine and you've had to take the female role. And if she doesn't look exactly like the ancient angry obese looking women you post here then you're a hypocrite.
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Spent » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:49 am

Emma and Vi are interesting people not 'feminist crazies,' who I personally feel in debt to for a bunch of reasons. Just celebrating two influential females. Carry on. I'm not stopping you from posting beautiful women.

And there's no need to get so personal.
Spent

Postby Spent » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:02 am

man, your rant was so full of groundless assumption and contradiction, i don't think i can respond properly.

sorry, i ruined the pretty lady thread.
Spent

Postby nm » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:08 am

Spent wrote:man, your rant was so full of groundless assumption and contradiction, i don't think i can respond properly.

:lol:

i'm still waiting for the flavour results of...what i assumed to be....the prepping of rabbit stew.
nm
somebody call my lawyer

Postby Spent » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:39 am

i suppose, to spell it out, there is a very rigid definition of beauty presented in this thread. certain weights, shapes, sizes, actresses, models, singers and so on. i don't want my daughter having to think she has to aspire to a standard size, look or occupation, to be considered beautiful, sexy, successful or 'the flavor of the hour.'

sure, some of these women give me a tinkle in the winkle and i'm not suggesting you stop or be censored but don't have a go at me when i push the definition in one way or another or challenge the objective nautre of it all. i know the sh*t photo and the bunnies were OTT but i'm inarticulate. forgive me.
Spent

Postby Doc » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:22 pm

I am pro feminist and also think the current slant of what's a beautiful woman is pretty stupid...doesn't mean I don't look twice on occassion. I have a pretty wide range of what a good looking woman is...there a 92 year old lady on our street who is still really beautiful, my 13 year old daughter is gorgeous and my almost 50 year old wife still does it for me...they're all different and attractive in their own ways.

I do worry when my 13 year old thinks she's fat...5'6" 120 pounds and a dancer...and that requires occassional discussion about the importance of being healthy and not conforming to increasingly difficult and unrealistic expectations of what's beautiful in our society.

I did not find the feces images attractive but then doubt that was the point.

Also, BS...regarding roles in a marriage, I pretty much let my wife take the lead...I feel no less masculine as such. Married over 20 years so far.
Not saying that's the answer, although my Grandfather (and other long married people) has quipped...when asked what the secret is to a long and happy marriage..."Yes Dear".

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby bluesilver » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:11 pm

Spent wrote:man, your rant was so full of groundless assumption and contradiction, i don't think i can respond properly.

Actually, and I apologize for not having it handy this minute, but what I've stated has been thoroughly studied. Men and women are not the same animal and never will be. I'd love to know how I contradicted myself.

In the mean time I do want to make it clear Iw as not intending to insult you, just point out how you come across. I hardly feel that the thread will affect your daughters life unless you push it on her and make her look at it - in which case she might not look at it like you do and she might even just see women having fun and NOT looking insecure, cooking a man's dinner or being hit. I think you assume these pictures do harm because developing women may feel ugly or whatever for not looking like them, but what goes on in the household they live in is much more important.

From what I've seen it's mainly very young girls who are struggling with identity and looks rather than the older ladies. This is natural. You cannot stop this. Horomones are in play. Humans compare themselves to other humans and as long as people remain competitive beings, it will always be so.

Should we strive to be the opposite of attractive? Maybe we should all be muslim and cover our faces and complete bodies reguardless of sex. Then we can base our self worth on how many goats we are worth rather than how well we take care of ourselves, what quality of genes we have and how bright we are.

By the way, I have two beautiful daughters myself.
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby bluesilver » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:30 pm

Hey Doc

I know where you're coming from in the entirety of your post save maybe the feminist thing. To each their own, but some of these groups are just nuts.

As far as roles of marriage I am not suggesting you spend a Saturday chopping wood while the wife makes supper then beat her for whatever reason, get drunk and pass out (although this does sound OK to me and even though I don't beat the wife I sure do think she deserves a smack now and then JUST LIKE ME)
Sometimes it takes a man to just say 'yes dear'. That's just called smart.
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby bluesilver » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:34 pm

Don't know who she is:
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)