Change font size   Print view

Flavor of the hour

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Postby Neck Deep » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:51 pm

eastside wrote:oh yeah, enough of everyone b!tching and throwing a fit about every damn thing....

That will change people's minds :roll:

Note, this thread has not been censored. Some people think women are empowered by this type of thing, others don't. Most of the women, I'm friends with aren't into this type of thing at all and would find would probably it offensive. Whatevs...

I can dig the surfing shots but the other stuff doesn't hold much appeal. Sure they're arguably beautiful but not people I'd neccesairly want to get to know (that sounds terrible I know)... I'm more turned on by a woman neck deep in soil, tending to the garden or ripping through traffic on a bike.
Neck Deep

Postby jerichv » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:02 pm

Temperance wrote:Last time I went to the gym, I saw the sickliest looking woman in the locker room--I could have counted every bone in her back. She definitely worked out. Definitely. She also looked like she didn't eat, because she was a walking skeleton.
I saw her on the scale..

thats HOTT. i like em when their spinal cord sticks out like a rodesian ridgeback african hunting hound....

Temperance wrote:Some of the comments I read really piss me off. But I'm going to assume that jerich's comments were meant to be sarcastic

come on now Spidey, NMN, thats harsh words to be slinging my way given that fact that it was blatenly a joke...come on now :? lighten up ya'll...
say it!
jerichv
"wall of fiberglass" refugee

Postby bluesilver » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:06 pm

Neck Deep wrote:
eastside wrote:oh yeah, enough of everyone b!tching and throwing a fit about every damn thing

That will change people's minds :roll:

Note, this thread has not been censored. Some people think women are empowered by this type of thing, others don't. Most of the women, I'm friends with aren't into this type of thing at all and would find would probably it offensive. Whatevs...

I can dig the surfing shots but the other stuff doesn't hold much appeal. Sure they're arguably beautiful but not people I'd neccesairly want to get to know (that sounds terrible I know)... I'm more turned on by a woman neck deep in soil, tending to the garden or ripping through traffic on a bike.

Oh sheep, herd of sheep all in heat
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:07 pm

Oh now you are just not playing fair....
:twisted:
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby Neck Deep » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:09 pm

oh, i'm being called a sheep shagger? being welsh, i've never ever heard that one before...
Neck Deep

Postby Spider » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:21 pm

you know, a lot of those comments are 1000 times more offensive than some of the pictures.
i would not have responded had it only been the pictures.
Spider
I tube ride side saddle

Postby riverjetty » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:07 pm

Which ones? Enquiring minds want to know.
riverjetty
i've put my fin in backwards

Postby Hermgruf » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:52 am

deleting all my posts.
Last edited by Hermgruf on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hermgruf
I Macarena in my wetsuit

Postby riverjetty » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:09 am

Hermgruf wrote:If I were to express what I consider attractive

Everyone has an opinion, and mines weighted pretty heavily in the cosmic scheme.
riverjetty
i've put my fin in backwards

Postby bluesilver » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:34 am

More of Melissa Haro, since everyone liked her in the last pic:

ignore all the sausage and keep your eyes on the prize:

bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby grizldoldfk » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:24 am

okay. it's a new hour.
how 'bout an update.
grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Postby brdsurf » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:06 pm

Ladies....
you have to admit that women are just as responsible for objectifying women... I may be wrong but it seems that in a big way women seem to drive the fashion industry and what is seen in alot of the mags. I dont know any guys that buy Elle or Cosmo and so forth, which lets face it, for years those kinds of mags have seemed to push a certain idea of what "beauty" is.
I think that if the whole thing was so objectionable to women as a whole... well the male viewing and so forth... then I think more women would stand up and put an end to it. It does seem to me though that it is a two edged sword. I dont know how many women I have heard comment about some kind of picture and say things like "oh she is so hot dressed in that" and so forth. But if a guy does it....

Personally though for me substance before surface.
"I have to overcome that safety mechanism that wants to rise up in me and to keep me from doing something that could kill me."
"Everything’s okay until it isn’t."
brdsurf
straight.......like a boomerang

Postby Spider » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:08 pm

bird, i agree, it is a societal thing about values regarding what women should look like, and women participate. but capitalist magazines perpetuate that image, because it brings in lots of profit, and young girls get a distorted body image. (men too, but this started as a thread about pictures of women.)
as everyone can read in wilbur's post, it does influence girls and then women and makes them ashamed of their bodies if they don't look like the "hot" stereotype. and can lead to dangerous eating disorders. and yes, i am aware that men can have eating disorders as well.

and i do not object to the pictures, everybody can like whatever they want. i personally do not like the stereotype.

the comments regarding women were what p!ssed me off.
Spider
I tube ride side saddle

Postby nm » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:21 pm

Spider wrote:... i do not object to the pictures, everybody can like whatever they want. i personally do not like the stereotype.

the comments regarding women were what p!ssed me off.

Ditto.

Fact is....I see hot women (& men) in swimsuits every day. A lunch hour buffet of beautiful bodies.....in all shapes & sizes.

Although....after looking at some of those pics....I'm starting to question Victoria's Secrets latest bikini catalog. Pretty sure when I placed my order....a couple of those suits weren't available.... :mad:
nm
somebody call my lawyer

Postby bluesilver » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:28 pm

nm wrote:Although....after looking at some of those pics....I'm starting to question Victoria's Secrets latest bikini catalog. Pretty sure when I placed my order....a couple of those suits weren't available.... :mad:

lol. I've had a lot of personal time with my wife's recent edition of Victorias Secret. My favorite picture is on the back.
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)