Change font size   Print view

Flavor of the hour

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Postby Hermgruf » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:14 pm

deleted.
Last edited by Hermgruf on Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hermgruf
I Macarena in my wetsuit

Postby wyosurf » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:48 am

mmm ¿▓tasty?!?! Image
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
--Lucius Annaeus Seneca
wyosurf
I've got Daddy issues

Postby wyosurf » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:13 am

vs
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
--Lucius Annaeus Seneca
wyosurf
I've got Daddy issues

Postby Lil' Snowy Plover » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:48 pm

There was a time in my life when I couldn't resist chiming in and responding to this kind of thread on the OSP. F($&%&K! I just did.

All I'll say is this-- NM, you're beautiful. And FU to anyone who calls this woman out.
"I once had a fishing pole that was not because of a corporation...Gosh I miss that pole."

Doc
Lil' Snowy Plover
cross stepping..... stumble bum

Postby bluesilver » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:53 am

Lil' Snowy Plover wrote:
All I'll say is this-- NM, you're beautiful. And FU to anyone who calls this woman out.

Every man/woman needs to be called out now and then in their life. And for his sake, I hope her husband has the balls to do so when need be. You just called him out.

Anyways, If you don't like the thread don't look at it. It always amazes me how many people hate this non-liberal thread yet come here often enough to jump on someone 10 seconds after they post something they do not agree with. Goes to show what's really on their mind, double standards and personal conflict.

This thread is for the celebration of women - athletic women, gorgeous women, witty women, women of all sizes and shapes. You don't agree? I'm not the only one posting here and there are plenty of women on the thread I would not consider attractive (is it OKAY to feel or think a woman is not personally attractive to me or is that alone offensive enough to make people think some girl will be admitted to a psych ward over it?).

Although it's extremely liberal and kind of boring, to me, I have no problem with Spent, NM, whoever posting pictures of big women, feminists, hell, women disfigured by land mines or bedridden because they are too obese to move because I can pass over them without really thinking much of it. I assure you though, posting them will never make them start to become attractive to me in the ways we typically associate natures affects of attractiveness. You guys are fighting against nature. It will be a tough battle. My suggestion to help women feel better about themselves is to seperate men and women (yes, segregation) to different school. Yes, I do think that sending boys and girls to different schools up until maybe later high school would be highly beneficial to women and men. No distractions of the opposite sex, less competition.

Studies show that humans come to an immidiate decision on what to make of a person based simply on what our minds perceive of their looks and it happens in seconds if not less than a second.
This thread obviously does not take into account anything after that fact because we cannot approach these women and enguage them in conversation. If we could, I would think it as really freaking great to be able to talk to some of the women Spent has posted as i'm sure they have some cool stories to learn something from. If I spent a full year doing nothing but interviewing feminists, man haters, young girls and regular women.. well i highly doubt my mind would alter itself to suddenly start hating on women that my mind has evolved to find attractive. I might make a lot of freinds and shite and we would have merry man hating times and i might even become attracted to some of these girls as I learned their personalities, but this thread is not dedicated to feminist sob stories because there are PLENTY of them EVERYWHERE you go. This thread is dedicated to that .25 - 5 seconds it takes to process what some minds find as physically attractive or beautiful. I don't know about you guys, but looking at these beautiful ladies who probably spend a crap load of their time trying to do so makes me feel good during a hard day at work or during a stressful event.
It is proven that looking at attractive things releases chemicals in the brain that relax the mind and body. Like a breathtaking mountain vista on a crystal clear blue day, it takes me away from the daily grind of life and reminds me that not only are there still women out there who care about their bodies (because although all women talk about caring about how they look, many don't really take any initiative to actually try to, just like some men and in Seattle there are even fewer women who care), but there are actually places and environments away from rainy Seattle that I find beautiful.

I know a lot of the above is probably shite and garbage to a lot of people here, but I am sorry that you cannot find any point or light in my rantings. Sometimes even I can't.

I propose two things to ensure a peaceful happy life full of self-security for all those who visit this thread:

1) Flavor Of The Hour be renamed to something politically correct that everyone can agree on, my vote is for "Flavor(s) Of The Day"
and
2) This thread be used for not only what we each find attractive in the opposite (or same) sex, but we also use it more for posting pictures of anything in the universe that delivers to you the same effect I get from admiring the hard work of beautiful women. This could be an exotic flower, something you found on the street, something mind boggling that you've found on the internet that made you smile for a second and forget about the shite around you and going on in this world right now. For f@*ks sake we need to escape sometimes and although a lot of people here probably perfer drugs, we can probably make this a collage of something cool as well.

Or, we could keep it as it is and continue to sporadically post pictures of women that we find fanciful in under 5 seconds.

cheers
Last edited by bluesilver on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Gazsurf » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:00 am

bluesilver wrote:
Lil' Snowy Plover wrote:

Every man/woman needs to be called out now and then in their life. And for his sake, I hope her husband has the balls to do so when need be.

I hope he does too.
"I disagree with these experts. Someone has got to stand up to experts."

Texas Board of Education member McLeroy rejecting science over creationism.
Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

Postby bluesilver » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:27 am

Gazsurf wrote:
bluesilver wrote:
Lil' Snowy Plover wrote:

Every man/woman needs to be called out now and then in their life. And for his sake, I hope her husband has the balls to do so when need be.

I hope he does too.

:D

I clocked you at 2 minutes 13 seconds to respond - I've seen better so you must have lost a nut sometime in marital battle! Just kiddin!
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Ceedog » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:08 pm

bluesilver wrote:
Gazsurf wrote:
bluesilver wrote:
Lil' Snowy Plover wrote:

I hope he does too.

:D

I clocked you at 2 minutes 13 seconds to respond - I've seen better so you must have lost a nut sometime in marital battle! Just kiddin!

It takes time to ask permission to use said nuts, then go to the mantle and retrieve them from the mason jar they're stored in. I'd say 2:13 is record time.
Carbon credits, brought to you by Enron. PM for quotes.
Ceedog
Jetsam

Postby WC » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Save the Seagulls.
WC
duck diving fool

Postby WC » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:26 pm

WC wrote: we do NEED eachother for some things (like love, companionship, sex, reproduction)

BAH, you're stupid, or wait, i'm stupid.

except i'm right on the reproduction part, but we're working on a way around that too.
Save the Seagulls.
WC
duck diving fool

Postby the dude » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:27 pm

the dude
I do it Beavertail style

Postby erzats » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:37 pm

bluesilver wrote:
Lil' Snowy Plover wrote:

Every man/woman needs to be called out now and then in their life. And for his sake, I hope her husband has the balls to do so when need be. You just called him out.

...blah blah blah...

This thread is most offensive when it's used to judge beauty one way or the other. Posting Michelle Obama with a yam and then making fun of her makes you look like a complete idiot. To then blindly call out someone who has dealt directly with some of the issues that are being argued about here debases you further. Were I moderator, I would can this thread or any other just to shut you up.

Resolution: allow it to go on without any kind of words. Post a picture of a giant turd and it stands alongside all the other pictures. The reactions to both come from the same reptilian part of the brain, so they should be allowed equal merit -- I think that was Spent's point to begin with.
erzats
core!

Postby WC » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:50 pm

no...
not more discussion....
this needs re-posting: http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/05 ... -offended/
Save the Seagulls.
WC
duck diving fool

Postby WC » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:54 pm

ImageImage
ImageImage
Save the Seagulls.
WC
duck diving fool

Postby WC » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:08 am

and for the ladies, the first osp'er to make it into this thread....
Ceedog!
Save the Seagulls.
WC
duck diving fool

PreviousNext

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)