Change font size   Print view

Flavor of the hour

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Postby bluesilver » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:49 pm

grizldoldfk wrote:that pics good enough.

gills probably doesn't need me to help defend him, but, i like to imagine his original reply was made with his wife looking over his shoulder. which just proves he's a pig like the rest of us, and will say anything to get laid.

chicks rule.
we drool.

My wife reads a lot of what I write on here, she thinks it's funny how some of the smallest things said can be like kicking a hornets nest and everyone goes on full alert, looking for anything to chase.
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby bluesilver » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:26 pm

Shania Twain:
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby gills » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:56 pm

Sorry if thinking the concept of marketing chick azz to sell surfboards and surf lifestyle is lame. Blue, what you keep defending here is your personal taste in female imagery, and I'm saying that this notion of beauty is the product of marketing, not aesthetics. You can say it's your primal ID all you want, but I don't buy that-- the ID tells you to phuck anything that has a halfway decent chance of surviving nine months, to spread the seed--- whereas, from a psychological perspective, these images are conjured by the super-ego, because they are a quantification of certain moral, cultural and idealistic presumptions about how the psychological apparatus works, and have gained acceptance because of the relentless repetition of these images alongside wealth, power, ambition, etc. They have become the form that the vast majority of men respond to, out of habit, not primal instinct. If you go anthropologically, you'll see massive diversions in 'what constitutes beauty' from culture to culture, present and historical. You can even see it with respect to caucasian, latino, and black populations in this country, even regionally.

Bottom line, I don't have the same lust for these kinds of images that you do (certainly not enough to google around for them and post them for novelity), nor do I like how they affect society in general, especially with respect to young women.

I know a lot of beautiful women and fewer than 5% resonate in form to these types of women, portrayed in this thread. And the criteria by which you judge them, as evidenced by how you choose to represent them here, is something I fundmentally disagree with, and the fact that I'm a faggot for thinking otherwise, or not intune with my own sexual instincts is such a load of crap I can't believe you're pushing it.

I had experience with a sibling who attempted suicide in her coming of age years because of her genetic predisposition to be overweight, and when compared to her 'friends' she was fat, and at that time of life, she was pretty damaged by what 'she was expected to look like.' She developed an eating disorder, etc. So if you're curious why I might have a visceral reaction to this kind of crap, and the psychological and societal forces that have contributed to my world view, now you know. Beyond that, I've been in a relationship with a stunningly brilliant and beautiful woman for about ten years, and I listen to her, and I empathize with what its like to be a woman constantly being compared to these kinds of stereotypical women that, even here, engenders some people to say things like, 'maybe these women should eat less and go to the gym.' whatever the intention is-- sarcasm is or not.

I like 'em black, brown, puerto rican and haitian....

Wilbur's daughter thinks she's fat and she's not. What's the cause of that? Where is she getting the information that makes her believe, wholeheartedly that she's fat? My guess is that its the images of women being marketed (by yes, both men and women) in the very manner depicted here.

Sorry, but I doubt you kind find any pyschologist that would analyze your eye candy selections that would come to any other conclusion than these women are portrayed to epitomize sex. Not, 'gee, she looks cool, I'd like to get to know her.' No, it's 'Man dood, I'd tap that azz.'

I don't know everything, not by a long shot, but I do think about these things a lot. It's my nature to do so.
gills

Postby Neck Deep » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:08 pm

If this thread is to continue how about a bit of variety? Women of different shapes and sizes. Men of different shapes and sizes. Homosexuals, lesbians, transgendered people. Genderless people. Real people. Let's really celebrate sexual desire and not this excessively limited definition BlueSilver keeps forcing on us.
Neck Deep

Postby gills » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:27 pm

bluesilver wrote:Women don't like us looking at other women, so they demonize everything about another woman that they don't have. Women are naturally insecure creatures. Some think this is just evolution. Women need to feel beautiful and perfect to find and keep a mate.

And you think I'm an A-hole flinging insults? This simple, and unfounded reduction is ridiculous. You need to go out an have some tea with Spider.
gills

Postby Spider » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:48 pm

gills wrote: You need to go out an have some tea with Spider.

at this point i can't guarantee there won't be arsenic in it.
Spider
I tube ride side saddle

Postby Doc » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:50 pm

My 11 year old daughter...
5'3" 108 pounds and perfect...
My wife has said "I'd have killed for a body like that"!...
Even at 11...
She's worried about being "fat"...
It's a societal issue for sure...
I don't think you're ever gonna get away from ideas of perfection...
Or what's in or out of fashion...
I've heard people say Marilyn Monroe...
Wouldn't cut it today...
It'd have to be Kate Moss...
Or skinnier...
Additionally, you're never gonna change the mind...
Or habits...
Of someone like Bluesilver.

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby Dano » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 pm

humbled!
Dano
leashless is no way to go through life

Postby Hermgruf » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:50 pm

deleting all my posts.
Last edited by Hermgruf on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hermgruf
I Macarena in my wetsuit

Postby Hermgruf » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:13 pm

deleting all my posts.
Last edited by Hermgruf on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hermgruf
I Macarena in my wetsuit

Postby riverjetty » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:41 am

No means no!
riverjetty
i've put my fin in backwards

Postby Doc » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:42 am

In the workplace, comments or actions that open an employer up to potential legal action for failure to address complaints of harrassment or discrimination are all too often often dealt with in the manner described by hermgruf...

My day is often ruined when my cell phone rings and I see an ID of an human resources person from my company...it isn't always bad, maybe they're setting up an interview or letting me know about a transfer...but often it's "We're conducting an investigation into comments made by..." type call...

I've had to fire people that I've worked with for years for saying stupid, thoughtless things...things that they thought were jokes to people they thought would find them funny...they don't always.

A coworker of mine recently told someone (his roommate, btw) in jest..."To suck [his] c@<k"...two other worker overheard the comment and complained...there was more to it, but he received a formal written warning nonetheless.

Not saying it's right, but you have to be careful. My wife always says "We never talk"...she's right, I never say a word without carefully thinking it through...I could either get fired or my wife could be mad at me for about a week.

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby riverjetty » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:42 pm

Neck Deep wrote:Let's really celebrate sexual desire

riverjetty

Postby riverjetty » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:36 pm

Neck Deep wrote:If this thread is to continue how about a bit of variety?

Do you know how Wilbur knows I'm gay?
riverjetty

Postby riverjetty » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:55 pm

Now you know that someone has to take this thread to it's logical and inevitable conclusion, which can only mean thread deletion, and the possibility of a ban for the "offending" member. In advance, I'd like to say it's been nice knowing you all, and I hope the north and the south, the dems and repubs, the urbane, and sub-urbane, the boys, the girls, and hermaphrodites who love them both, can, in the words of Rodney King, "damn, stop hitting me in the god-damn head honkey mutha".
riverjetty

PreviousNext

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)