Change font size   Print view

OSP election, right here right now.

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Gazsurf

Vote: Obama or McCain

Obama
15
65%
McCain
6
26%
I'm an invalid
2
9%
 
Total votes : 23

Postby pickleweed » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:59 pm

I just saw the Republican National Convetion

or it could have been a hockey game

or a KKK rally

I'm not sure, I've never seen so many riled up white people in one place

Lots and Lots and Lots of white people, lots
pickleweed
 

Postby scubetubeular » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:13 pm

Yeah and the African American (Black guy) who spoke is head of an oil company go figure. Less than 1% of African americans make what he makes.


I agree though they probably will win.
We as voters and citizens can't control it.
Its some very frustrating times right now.
If so I predict some major riots happening.
User avatar
scubetubeular
over the falls, a way of life
 
Posts: 958
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:40 pm
Location: underwater

Postby King of El Cariso » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:26 pm

Four years of Tina playen the vp, so hot....
King of El Cariso
 

Postby riverjetty » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:38 am

The race card, lovely.

No thugs in our house, are there dear.
User avatar
riverjetty
i've put my fin in backwards
 
Posts: 1772
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:40 pm

Postby bluesilver » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:33 am

Think she'll do playboy? I can't wait.

I didn't get a chance to watch the RNC, but I hear she got really irritating to listen to after 2 minutes. A lot of lame Obama shots, as expected, and a lot of clapping for no reason.

There were white people there? I heard they were all sheep. BaAaAaAaaah! And she was wearing sheeps clothing.

This country is becoming too inbred.
User avatar
bluesilver
the opposite of wave magnet
 
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 12:39 pm

Postby pickleweed » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:52 am

bluesilver wrote: And she was wearing sheeps clothing.


I thought that was an apron :wink:
pickleweed
 

Postby Dub Star » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:08 am

Fuckkk the RNC

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Were only gonna die from thier arrogance!
Dub Star
 

Postby gills » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:23 am

King of El Cariso wrote:Dude, she killed it.... All over now....



Are you kidding? She was shrill and pedestrian. Can you imagine her telling Vladimar Putin she's a 'pitbull'? All I heard was a lot of nothing with the word 'change' after a speech that could have been delivered at any RNC since the beginning of time. Not one reference to an issue.
gills
 

Postby bluesilver » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:26 am

I heard she looks/sounds like Peggy Hill from King of the Hill
User avatar
bluesilver
the opposite of wave magnet
 
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 12:39 pm

Postby riverjetty » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:26 am

People hear what they want to hear. Neither party will do anything to right the wrongs, but will only serve their own best interests. I'm donating my twenty bucks to a militant mosque near you, in the hopes that they can make the trains run on time, this time.
User avatar
riverjetty
i've put my fin in backwards
 
Posts: 1772
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:40 pm

Postby gills » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:11 am

riverjetty wrote:People hear what they want to hear. Neither party will do anything to right the wrongs, but will only serve their own best interests. I'm donating my twenty bucks to a militant mosque near you, in the hopes that they can make the trains run on time, this time.


Why are you so damn cynical about government? I listen to people bemoan government (especially those on the right-- not calling you a righty RJ at all) about how terrible government is, and that its only self interested and that all politicians are liars. It is because we have figures like Palin, who all of the sudden can be elevated to the level of 'readiness for the number two position in government' that makes people lack faith in government--- you know what? Any other world leader is going to think she's an imbecile, not because she is one, but because she had no idea how to speak, negotiate, or anything else on a world stage--- and beyond that? She touts our economy policy solution is to drill in her back yard when the overwhelming consensus of the world is that oil isn't going to fuel our lifestyle for much longer. She has no qualifications at all--- and the McCain campaign screams that the 'liberal media' (which incidently is owned by the right and the GOP) is trying to smear her because she preaches with GOD as her witness against the practices of her own family. But somehow, because her children play hockey, this is unfair. Yet, when its advantageous politically, she'll mention her son's Iraq service as somehow a reflection of the values she instilled in him and speaks to her character, but if her kids do something evnangelically bad, like getting knocked up unwed and underage, that this incident somehow is irrelevant to her role as a parent? This woman is pure fallacy. My sister is a hockey mom, and I tell you what, I love her dearly, but she's sure as crap not ready to be president of the USA. These right wing douchebags get up on stage using the same 'raise taxes' 'the UN sucks' 'They'll take away your guns' while meanwhile, if you actually look at Obama's proposals, you'll make more money and have cheaper health care under his watch. That is just pure, fact. The same people who have phucked the economy, the health care system, and our world standing are promising change? Look at the ACTUAL plan on the McCain website and tell me that you'll benefit. Show me how it would help you, personally. I'm middle class, make about 80K with my wife and my incomes combined and under the McCain plan, all I do is get jacked. Under the Obama plan, I see help for me, and the other 98% of Americans who make less, all together, than the elite 2%. Now onto oil. Drill, drill, drill. It's BS!! Oil companies ALREADY have thousands of permits to drill domestically, and they're not using them, at all. Why? Because its not advantagous economically to do so. And from the geologist standpoint, the science says that we could conserve more oil by, yes, filling up our phucking tires, than we could drill offshore. But yet, none of this is covered in the 'liberal media'. Phuck, if the media were liberal, McShame wouldn't stand a chance!!!

Perhaps the one zinger of the night that offended me the most was this Palin line, "Being a mayor of town, I guess, is kind of like being a community organizer, except for you have actual responsibilities." Community organizing is exactly how you empower ordinary people to get engaged and force change. Community organizing is how you protect your breaks, your waves, and your right to access them. Community organizing is how you stop industry from coming in ruining your world class wave, and ensure that people won't get cancer from surfing it. What are some of the other results of community organizing? Hhhmmm. Women get to vote. Black people get to vote. Pesticides that cause birth defects get banned. Trees get to stay standing. Black people get to sit on a bus. People get something called a 'weekend'. Children aren't enslaved in manufacturing plants. Special Needs children get special funding in schools. Schools get renovated.

Christ, If there is one republican on this entire board who can show me one repbulican policy that has helped YOU, I'll be gobsmacked. That is, unless, you're loaded.
gills
 

Postby nm » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:32 am

gills wrote:...... unless, you're loaded.


Oh c'mon gills.......at least half the posters here are loaded when they stum....er....sit down to type. :lol:
User avatar
nm
somebody call my lawyer
 
Posts: 3582
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:59 am

Postby bluesilver » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:53 am

I'm organizing a community bake-off... I'll show that Sara Parker who makes the best chili in this town..
User avatar
bluesilver
the opposite of wave magnet
 
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 12:39 pm

Postby Neck Deep » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:17 pm

Palin Supported Penalties for Using Skateboards on Public or Private Property in Wasilla.“Beginning Oct. 15 — after the expected opening of the $233,000 Wasilla Skate Park — skaters will be breaking the law if they use their skateboards, in-line skates, bicycles, scooters (or any other recreational, non-motorized wheeled device) on public or private property where signs are posted forbidding their use.”

The Frontiersman added, “In the ordinance approved Monday, the penalty for first-time violators of the ordinance is a written warning and the skate device may be confiscated for 10 calendar days. For a second offense, a $50 fine shall be paid and the skate device may be confiscated for 30 calendar days. A third-time offender will have to pay a $100 fine and will lose his or her skate device permanently.” [Frontiersman, 9/18/98]


http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13084_Page2.html
Neck Deep
 

Postby Gazsurf » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:26 pm

Neck Deep wrote:
Palin Supported Penalties for Using Skateboards on Public or Private Property in Wasilla.


She just lost the all important OSP bloc...........
"I disagree with these experts. Someone has got to stand up to experts."

Texas Board of Education member McLeroy rejecting science over creationism.
User avatar
Gazsurf
the kook whisperer
 
Posts: 5984
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:22 pm
Location: Your head

PreviousNext

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest