Change font size   Print view

NIGHTLINE exposes SCIENTOLOGY to death by a thousand cuts.

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Postby Tyedog » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:35 am

erzats wrote:well, I for one am glad that tye is back to his insane ranting about scientology. His forays into light hearted humor left me confused about the world and spiritually bereft. Now, thanks to tye's publicity, I've been inspired to learn more about scientology. And feel like I need to say that I've taken up that shining light and will aim to spread the good word, and clear as many people as I can. THANKS TYEDAWG

Tyedog

Postby erzats » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:22 am

yes,I'm a masked, drunk looking stick figure like those. Thanks for confirming my viability as a scientologist. Sometimes I worry that that path is too long, too rocky, too narrow but then I become inspired. You are helping me in amazing ways tyedog. ThnX!!!
erzats
core!

Postby Tyedog » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:51 pm

TODAYS DOSE OF CULT HEADLINES
http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2009/reports/project/
Chased by their church: When you try to leave Scientology, they try to bring you back

For years, the Church of Scientology chased down and brought back staff members who tried to leave.

Ex-staffers describe being pursued by their church and detained, cut off from family and friends and subjected to months of interrogation, humiliation and manual labor.

One said he was locked in a room and guarded around the clock.

Some who did leave said the church spied on them for years.
Tyedog

Postby Tyedog » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:51 pm

REMEMBER REMEMBER THE FIFTH OF NOVEMBER
Tom Cruise's Wedding Cook Exposes Scientology's Scary Retention Practices
http://gawker.com/5394737/tom-cruises-w ... -practices
Tyedog

Postby Tyedog » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:30 pm

erzats wrote:yes,I'm a masked, drunk looking stick figure like those.

You don't get it. Thats OK, its hard to see reality when you have been brainwashed by OSP-ntology and Scientology as well. I am the masked, drunk stick figure.

Tyedog

Postby bluesilver » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:16 am

V is for Vendetta.
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby erzats » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:57 am

Tyedog wrote:
erzats wrote:yes,I'm a masked, drunk looking stick figure like those.

You don't get it. Thats OK, its hard to see reality when you have been brainwashed by OSP-ntology and Scientology as well. I am the masked, drunk stick figure.

Wait, wait. The drunken masked stick figures are the anonymous folk who are brave enough to stand up to the church? Like yourself? You're a hero!

There's seeing when you are brainwashed and there's extreme paranoia. Your OSP behaviour suggests the latter.
erzats
core!

Postby Tyedog » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:59 pm

Man overboard: To leave Scientology, Don Jason had to jump off a ship

By Thomas C. Tobin, Times Staff Writer
In Print: Tuesday, November 3, 2009

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientolog ... 048124.ece
Tyedog

Postby Tyedog » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:21 am

bumped for great justice
Tyedog

Postby speelyei » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:36 pm

that article didn't move me at all.
speelyei
boogie boarders run ME over!

Location: Arizona... but I am still an absentee owner on the Coast!

Postby Tyedog » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:46 am

speelyei wrote:that article didn't move me at all.

http://news.myjoyonline.com/features/200911/37416.asp

"He put this 4½ years old little boy - Derek Greene - into the chain locker for two days and two nights. It's a closed metal container, it's wet, it's full of water and seaweed, it smells bad. But Derek was sitting up, on the chain, in this place, on his own, in the dark, for two days and two nights. He was not allowed to go to the potty. I mean he had to go in the chain locker on his own, soil himself. He was given food. And I never went near it, the chain locker while he was in there, but people heard him crying. That is sheer, total brutality. That is child abuse."
(Hana Eltringham, interview on Secret Lives - L. Ron Hubbard, Channel 4 Television, November 19, 1997)
Tyedog

Postby Tyedog » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:52 pm

Resistance is futile. Become one with anonymous. It only hurts for a second.
Last edited by Tyedog on Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyedog

Postby Tyedog » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:11 pm

The above mentioned poo storm is turning into a hurricane. Once the feds step in...........its all over for The Cult of Scientology!!!!!

http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/editori ... ue/1050004

Scientology investigation overdue

In Print: Sunday, November 8, 2009
* Multimedia: More on Scientology, including video interviews with the defectors and previous coverage of the church.

When workers for the Church of Scientology sign a contract agreeing to serve in the church's Sea Organization for "the next billion years," the church can twist that agreement into a license to harass its workers, track them down if they leave and pressure them to return. What true church, what caring employer, would trample on the dignity and free choices of its own members in such a way? And what are authorities going to do about it?

In a three-day special report last week, the St. Petersburg Times' Joe Childs and Thomas C. Tobin told the stories of former members of the so-called Sea Org, Scientology's most dedicated labor force, and the ordeal the church put them through after they tried to leave without permission.

Sea Org members hold jobs such as gardeners, cooks, laborers, secretaries and assembly line workers. The church demands sacrifice and obedience from its employees, and what does it deliver in return? Sea Org workers are provided room and board but paid a pittance — far below minimum wage. Those interviewed by the Times said they were required to work extended hours, deprived of sleep, separated from their spouses, subjected to multiple daily head counts to ensure no one slipped away, punished if they fell short of expectations and required to sign "confessions" the church kept and later used against them.

If they wanted to quit, these workers could not just resign from their jobs and leave. Church policy required that they "route out," a process that could take months of daily interrogations and intense pressure. If they gathered their meager belongings and ran, church security teams and private investigators tracked them by using their bank and credit card records as well as personal information they had given the church about their backgrounds, family and friends. Once located and confronted, the workers were told if they didn't return to the Sea Org, their chance at "eternity" — to be reborn into a new body each time they died — would be lost. In effect, Scientology held the cards.

If they succumbed and returned to the Sea Org, some received even worse treatment. They were placed on a punishment detail called the Rehabilitation Project Force, enduring weeks or months of manual labor, limited food and rest, and enforced silence. In one instance, former Sea Org member Don Jason told the Times that after he agreed to return he was held captive in a locked cabin aboard the Scientology ship Freewinds, with a security camera trained on him even as he slept. He eventually escaped from the ship and is now telling his story.

Tyedog

Postby Tyedog » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:00 pm

Oh what???? Scientology in the media again? When will this SHeITSTORM END?

http://abcnews.go.com/abcnewsnow/focusonfaith

NEVER
Tyedog

PreviousNext

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)