Change font size   Print view

Conspiracies Don't Exist...

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Postby pra_ggresion » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:34 pm

Maybe she'll follow the steps of the father of her illegitimate grandchild and we'll soon see her on the cover of Playgirl[tm]
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion
I post better than I surf

Postby Ceedog » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:24 pm

bluesilver wrote:
Ceedog wrote: At this point Dubya is about as relevant as Sarah "oh, she's so hot!" Palin, just discarded tools in the scrap pile.

No way man, I'd much rather have a 3-some with Palin. She is way hotter. Sorry Dub, you're not my type.

Sorry for not clarifying, Dubya =Bush Jr. It is funny how Palin is being thrust upon us all of the sudden.
Carbon credits, brought to you by Enron. PM for quotes.
Ceedog
Jetsam

Postby bluesilver » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:56 am

Ceedog wrote:
bluesilver wrote:
Ceedog wrote: At this point Dubya is about as relevant as Sarah "oh, she's so hot!" Palin, just discarded tools in the scrap pile.

No way man, I'd much rather have a 3-some with Palin. She is way hotter. Sorry Dub, you're not my type.

Sorry for not clarifying, Dubya =Bush Jr. It is funny how Palin is being thrust upon us all of the sudden.

LOL, I actually meant Dubstar

And of course she is being thrust upon us - she wants to sell books and she needs to be relevant again to do this.
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Ceedog » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:11 pm

Seems like a distraction to me, anytime the media grabs hold of something trivial and devotes untold hours of broadcast time its usually a good sign their avoiding something.
Ceedog
Jetsam

Postby Ceedog » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:14 pm

bluesilver wrote:The new conspiracy is that Bush is going to try and re-take the office.
Note his new "Presidential Center of Science" in which he hopes to bring in the most brilliant 'scientist' from around to discuss U.S. issues, come to some kind of decision on these issues and find ways to force them upon the public. Ooops, I mean "implement them into society". Oh, how about the museum attached to it that is dedicated to his time in the office?

This is what the Council on Foreign Relations is for...
Ceedog
Jetsam

Postby Ceedog » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:33 am

If you've been following Climategate and its vehement downplaying by the media(including those involved) then this is a great video:
http://en.sevenload.com/videos/UsTF3KX-The-Great-Global-Warming-Swindle
Ceedog
Jetsam

Postby pra_ggresion » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 am

That's the dumbest video I've ever watched part of.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion

Postby Ceedog » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:04 pm

Here's Sen. Inhofe calling for an investigation into Climategate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH6_hmEgfCs

I think I understand your comment Pra. Do you think the debate on climate change is over?
Ceedog
Jetsam

Postby pra_ggresion » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:32 pm

From what I did see, they were committing the same fallacy as those accused which claims anthropogenic climate change.

My problem is with proof by contradiction. It doesn't gain any one any thing, since you can not construct a model from contradiction. All it allows is throwing down the BS flag.
What I want to know is, how much energy and altering of the chemical composition of the atmosphere is required to set discourse in the DYNAMIC nature of the climate for living beings? If that least upper bound is unattainable; then what they have to say is true. However; absence of evidence is absolutely not evidence of absence. Also I take issue with the claim, I briefly saw that "[the carbon record] in ice cores actually indicates the opposite of what is widely believed."

The debate about climate change is this by anecdote: "Reap what you sow", Don't shite where you eat", "You sleep in the bed that you make", "Cry about your water when the well runs dry."

In practice I believe the debate about climate change, love of ones family, preservation of indigenous cultures and few other worthwhile cultures, social justice, stewardship of ones house, preservation of endangered species (not just mega fauna either), expansion of knowledge and many more are one and the same.

Thus the debate about climate change will end the day no cold dead fingers are left to pry it out of.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion

Postby Ceedog » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:11 pm

Emotions aside....

Climategate exposes that IPCC scientists were actively discussing forcing out those with differing opinions and altering data. This scandal only reinforces the suspicions of many throughout the years, especially those who been black-balled and excluded from the scientific discourse involving climate change.

Keep in mind that an emerging 'global government' control of CO2(the new EU president's words, not mine. He's also a bilderberger.) hinges on the current 'accepted data' on climate change. The cap and trade legislation was set up to align with the Copenhagen conference, so a treaty is almost unnecessary as far as setting up the global cap and tax scheme. I heard Peter Defazio on the Thom Hartmen show say he voted against the cap and trade bill because it was "WRITTEN' by the energy industry. The real issue here is the cap and trade scam. And this secrecy and exclusion of many highly regarded scientists from the climate issue only adds to the criticism of a 'need' for a plethora of new taxes on developed countries and the elimination of restrictions on developing countries in the name of combating CO2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfLpl0O478U
Ceedog
Jetsam

Postby pra_ggresion » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:03 am

Here's Sen. Inhofe calling for an investigation into Climategate.

Hey, I just heard a broadcast on the radio last night highlighting the fact that there's a clandestine christian organization called The Family that courts powerful men in position to further their cause. The roll call of the organization includes your boy Inhofe. The Family apparently is responsible for a large portion of anti-abortion legislation, they have lobbied for and nearly achieved the death penalty for being gay in other countries like Uganda, anti-anything environment, believes they have the mandate of god to do whatever is necessary for their cause.

Cap and Trade; Scam or not, pollution has a cost associated with it whether or not it has a nominal monetary value. The theory makes sense that a cap and trade system would represent that cost. You have to remember that all models including economic models are an approximation to reality.

If ever there were a way to put a dollar value on pain and suffering it would be a tax on pollution.
hom Hartmen show say he voted against the cap and trade bill because it was "WRITTEN' by the energy industry.

Of course the rich and powerful will never allow their wealth to be voted away so good ol' boy conspirators like Inhofe obfuscate the issue.

It constantly amazes me each day how little science understands and how humanely flawed science progresses. Yet it works pretty well even with systemic error due to alterior motives.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion

Postby bluesilver » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:25 am

Christianity will truly be the end of everything. Though I respect a lot of people who call themselves christians, I have no respect for the religion, as well as many others.
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby pra_ggresion » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:43 am

Islam is in the running too. Really, it's recalcitrant fundamentalists who will take a simple lie over a complex truth that have and always will move to ruin every thing good.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion

Postby navier-stokes » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:45 am

pra_ggresion wrote:who will take a simple lie over a complex truth that have and always will move to ruin every thing good.

man that just summarized my entire week.

and if any thing climategate just shows that scientiscts are humans too.
upgrade your grey matter, 'cause some day it may matter
navier-stokes
Yay, I know the OSP fight song!

Postby Ceedog » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:12 pm

The one thing history teaches us is that greedy people always attempt, through cunning/oppression/murder/propaganda/popular thought, to control the rest of civilization. They have also known for thousands of years that religion, when twisted, is the easiest and most clandestine way of influencing people. Christianity/Islam don't preach preemptive wars for empire or usury. Those should be attributed to their rightful parties, corrupt people not religions.
Ceedog
Jetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)