Change font size   Print view

The Hurt Locker.

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

The Hurt Locker.

Postby smithgrind » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:37 am

Check it out if you haven't seen it yet. Total azz kicker, physically and emotionally. I walked out totally drained and slept like a baby. Left it all out in the theatre.

Directed by Kathryn Bigelow, director of the best surf movie ever, "Point Break".
Amazing chops for filmmaking.
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby speelyei » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:58 pm

it's coming from Netflix. Should be here tomorrow.
speelyei
boogie boarders run ME over!

Location: Arizona... but I am still an absentee owner on the Coast!

Postby SooLoo » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:58 pm

I'm going to flirt with the rental lady to try and get it tonight
SooLoo

Postby wanty » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:10 pm

i got it in my queueueuee too. ill report back on how much it sucks, thereby damaging smithgrind's credibility as a movie critic.
wanty
Site Admin

Postby pra_ggresion » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:17 pm

But mention whether it enhances his status as a rainbow unicorn please.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion
I post better than I surf

Postby bluesilver » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:07 am

smithgrinds rainbow unicorn always makes me think of the sex scene in Anchorman where Will Farrell Valiantly takes Christina Applegate to Pleasure Town.
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Trula » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:22 am

I was gonna watch it in the theater but ended up watching UP! instead because of the showtime. Looked intense and my coworker and I had just been through explosives training so thought it would be extra interesting.
Portland - Where young people go to retire.
Trula
I embrace my inner tard

Postby speelyei » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:03 pm

I have a shooting partner who was there, his unit provided security for those EOD guys sometimes. He said it's the same Hollywood schlock, anybod who had been there would find a million errors, omissions, and inconsistencies. Gonna see it anyway.
speelyei
boogie boarders run ME over!

Location: Arizona... but I am still an absentee owner on the Coast!

Postby SooLoo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:06 pm

I watched it twice. Was better on the 60" plasma than my piece of crap tv.
SooLoo

Postby bluesilver » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:12 pm

speelyei wrote:I have a shooting partner who was there, his unit provided security for those EOD guys sometimes. He said it's the same Hollywood schlock, anybod who had been there would find a million errors, omissions, and inconsistencies. Gonna see it anyway.

It would be boring otherwise. You need to toss in some exciting false information to keep a plot line. I have freinds who were in Vietnam and still laugh the whole way through Platoon.
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:28 pm

bluesilver wrote:
speelyei wrote:I have a shooting partner who was there, his unit provided security for those EOD guys sometimes. He said it's the same Hollywood schlock, anybod who had been there would find a million errors, omissions, and inconsistencies. Gonna see it anyway.

It would be boring otherwise. You need to toss in some exciting false information to keep a plot line. I have freinds who were in Vietnam and still laugh the whole way through Platoon.

Who doesn't?

I mean really...Charlie Sheen? Really?
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby bluesilver » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:31 am

Wilbur Kookmeyer wrote:
bluesilver wrote:

Who doesn't?

Yeah. And they watched it in the theatre when it first came out. Got a lot of bad looks from their laughing. But just a good example of entertainment being nothing more, yet people often take entertainment for reality.
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:22 pm

bluesilver wrote:
Wilbur Kookmeyer wrote:
bluesilver wrote:

Who doesn't?

Yeah. And they watched it in the theatre when it first came out. Got a lot of bad looks from their laughing. But just a good example of entertainment being nothing more, yet people often take entertainment for reality.

No shite. You ever watch how the PC crowd takes themselves so seriously?
Hell..all they need is Charlie Sheen and maybe a cameo from William Defoe.
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby Ding Delamerton » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:48 pm

We would frag both those kooks.
Ride 'em all....Let God figure it out
Ding Delamerton
I wax the bottom of my board

Postby scubetubeular » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:40 pm

The "real" actors have become PC casualties and left town.
All that remains are reality TV stars.
You may have heard the song PC Casualties on the radio.
A new release with additional names will be coming out in mid spring to pay tribute to these fallen great ones.
Sooloo, dingdelamerton, Gaz, and Mitch B. all have raging solo's in the new version. I've got a small part playing the driftwood clave's.
Distribution has been a bit tough outside of the coastal airways but not for any lack of effort. Most of the trucks around have large CB antenna's so no fuzz no buzz.
scubetubeular
over the falls, a way of life

Next

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)