Change font size   Print view

easter

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

easter

Postby WC » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:18 am

"I've been traveling a lot lately. I was over in Australia during Easter. It was interesting to note they celebrate Easter the same way we do; commemorating the death and resurrection of Jesus by telling our children a giant bunny rabbit left chocolate eggs in the night. Now, I wonder why we're fucked up as a race. You know, I've read the Bible. I can't find the words 'bunny' or 'chocolate' anywhere in the freakin book. Where do you come up with this shite? Why those two things? Why not 'Goldfish left Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer'? As long as we're making shite up, go hog wild. At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back crawling across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it!"

-Bill Hicks
Save the Seagulls.
WC
duck diving fool

Re: easter

Postby riverjetty » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:17 pm

Combining pagan fertility celebrations with christian events brought the heathens to church. What ever works.
riverjetty
i've put my fin in backwards

Postby bluesilver » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:07 am

Yes most 'christian' holidays are really another religions holidays that christianity adopted so that the transition to christianity from whatever religion they are coming from, will be easier. Why do you think we celebrate christmas in december? It has nothing to do with god or jesus.
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Ceedog » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:33 am

Yeah, you guys are right. Constantine must've been the first marketer, cause he knew how to sell the pagans into coming under Rome's control.
Carbon credits, brought to you by Enron. PM for quotes.
Ceedog
Jetsam

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)