Change font size   Print view

Something that really doesn't matter...and FLOTUS.

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Something that really doesn't matter...and FLOTUS.

Postby Betty » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:52 pm

First of all I would like to say that my old man was one of the 30 thousand Marines included in Obamas Christmas push on Afghanistan. My Old man is a stellar Marine, a Grunt. He was taken in December with 14 other Grunts from an infantry unit and sent to 'augment' a unit of POG's to infantry and deploy just a few weeks later with no work ups and no prep. My old man is a Squadleader and all of his men are holding sh!t together over there right now, but It's not the norm. Several Marines from his and the sister unit have fallen just in the last 2 weeks. I know it has gone on a while, and this is nothing new, I'm not saying these mens lives are more important than any others this war has taken. I don't necesarily disagree with what Obama is doing, I just feel he is doing it wrong. Call it bad timing. Just because you do something fast, doesn't mean you do it right. Training issue?

And on another note, Michelle Obama visits us at Camp Pendleton tomorrow afternoon. You would think they would have beefed up security at the gate...especially after the kidnapping attempt in base housing last week by a dude who shimmied past the gate guards. But no. Fukking America where everyone LOVES GOD AND THE PRESIDENT waved on 4 mormon douchebags on 10 speeds right before my eyes this afternoon. Because afterall...if you pedal a bike and peddle a bible you sure as fuk wouldn't steal babies or own a sniper rifle.
The service here sucks.
Betty
coffee WAS my drug of choice

Re: Something that really doesn't matter...and FLOTUS.

Postby bluesilver » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:17 am

I wish him luck and a safe return.
That is definitely a difficult job, but not a new game. It takes a lot of mental fortitude to lead a group that you can't trust.
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)