Change font size   Print view

So what the hell happened?

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

So what the hell happened?

Postby Sparky » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:55 am

Did everyone move to Kansas or just loose their internet connections? I take a break from the OSP and come back to find a ghost town.

Surely Wilbur is still lurking in the corner, ready to pounce on an opportunity use his wit.
Love many, trust few, do harm to none!
Sparky
coast guard rescue float

Re: So what the hell happened?

Postby Critter » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:11 pm

OSP fell down and it cant get up. BTW Sparky Its nice to see you here again. I dont post much but I do check forum and Cameras nearly every morning. Wish folks would use this place like they used to.
Anyone know what ever became of Koonass ? He who bestowed upon me my OH so cooler than any other
All ya gotta do is ask for it.
Critter
over the falls, a way of life

Postby riverjetty » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:06 pm

This place is nothing but trouble for me. I'm still not allowed back in the water.
riverjetty
i've put my fin in backwards

Postby Critter » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:05 pm

Pray tell Riverjetty, I never took you for the type to let some Forum hero gag you.
Speak up, if for nothing more than to punch this place in the balls with another hit on the Defibulator. Bunch of sniveling old farts most likely need it, Help them clear the phlegm outa thier tubes!
Seems like most of these Aliases have forgotten this is a place to unwind, and talk, plan or in Wilburs case dream about surfing. To damn caught up in all the BS out there to remember that.
Dont forget Evil always turns in upon itself. Mmmkay! So dont be evil. Leave it at work, or on the coffee table in Newsweek, Or in your damn Smartphone, Or at that damn wound up politically supernovaing site you wank at.
:roll:
All ya gotta do is ask for it.
Critter
over the falls, a way of life

Postby Sparky » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:34 am

riverjetty wrote:This place is nothing but trouble for me. I'm still not allowed back in the water.

Then come up north and paddle out with me, it will accomplish more then just getting you in the water. I will make you look damn good since compared to me, everyone looks good :lol:
Love many, trust few, do harm to none!
Sparky
coast guard rescue float

Postby bluesilver » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:48 pm

What happened was anyone who tried joining this site was attacked and berated by one of the several blow hards here with gang mentality. Therefore, people stopped joining and without a steady influx of fresh perspective to water down the chicken little lefties; Oregonsurf.com became a click or sorts and therefore got amazingly stale and generally putrid.
I haven't been here in two years, don't know what prompted me last week to stop by, but i'm not surprised at what I see.

Maybe I'll stick around for a little bit to get the blood flowing back to this sites proverbial boner.
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:47 pm

Blue, i can't remem ber....do actually like you? Does anyone for that matter?
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby bluesilver » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:54 pm

Nah, You probably don't. I think I was a dick to you at some point and vice versa and I still don't care about any of it.

I think I stopped by because i wanted to see if my predictions of this place from a couple years ago were as accurate as they were destined to be.

The only thing that surprised me was the fact that most of you still have the same avatars....but I guess that could happenen when people stop coming by.

Actually I find it somewhat sad. Even though I took off, I had hopes that it might get better after a time. Not that I tried hard to make it better, as subjective as that is, but it was just toungue-in-cheek entertainment to me outside the occasional look to see where people said it weas going off.

Anyways, I still surf.
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Doc » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:23 pm

What is...surf?

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby bluesilver » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:11 pm

You know, like being on the innernets and stuff
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Sir Finger » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:16 pm

Last edited by Sir Finger on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sir Finger
Mermaided

Postby Trula » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:33 pm

Well when I started working for the man the OSP took a backseat for me. Now the most exciting thing that I have done in a while is my defensive tactics class. Lame. I miss the old OSP. Maybe more than Facebook and other internet sources replacing the emptiness that my hiatus from the OSP has left it has really been the 30+ guys I work with on a daily basis that has filled that hole.
Portland - Where young people go to retire.
Trula
I embrace my inner tard

Postby Gazsurf » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:18 pm

Trula wrote: replacing the emptiness that my hiatus from the OSP has left it has really been the 30+ guys I work with on a daily basis that has filled that hole.

I am beating the crap out of my fingers with a sledgehammer, in an attempt to not type something inappropriate... Trula I don't think that innocent mind of yours quite grasps what you write....... :shock:

Sooloo just called me a wussy.
"I disagree with these experts. Someone has got to stand up to experts."

Texas Board of Education member McLeroy rejecting science over creationism.
Gazsurf
the kook whisperer

Postby Doc » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:46 pm

As the the father of a daughter...I am going to add this to my list of things noshe should never say or type.

Doc
Doc

Postby Doc » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:47 pm

This could be the spark the OSP needs?

Doc
Doc

Next

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)