Change font size   Print view

Barn Find...no its not a board

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Barn Find...no its not a board

Postby Critter » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:34 am

Its the next best thing, it is a session conveyance module. 1986 VW Quantum Syncro Station wagon. I had one of these vehicles in the late 90's, it was a turbo diesel <non awd> that got 45 mpg, I shoulda kept it. This new one is AWD with locking differentials. I have been patiently waiting to find one in super nice condition for the right price for a long time.
It does not get the best mpg at about 25 tops but Ill put up with that for the go anywhere sleep ability of this very cool little 4 door wagon. Best part is my diligence paid off, car came with brand new water pump and timing belt, plus a 120.00 Bently service manual. Car was FREE. Gentleman who had it was happy to find someone who new what it was and appreciated it. Been watching forums and ebay and craigslist for a long time, Syncros like this one typically go for 1500.00-2000.00.
All ya gotta do is ask for it.
Critter
over the falls, a way of life

Re: Barn Find...no its not a board

Postby the dude » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:21 pm

nice. pics please.
the dude
I do it Beavertail style

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)