Change font size   Print view

The Gun

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Re: The Gun

Postby Doc » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:15 am

Good chance an intruder with intent might get past the 30-06 too unless you sit & sleep in the lazy boy with it locked & loaded and ready for the imaginary threat that never comes...

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby bluesilver » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:28 pm

I agree, I didn't mean for it to sound like I use it for home defense. Just a general statement.
A couple up the road from me - a firefighter and his wife - whom both also run a cross fitness center and are in prime health were recently attached mid day (the wife) and again in the middle fo the night 12 hours later. Don't know how he got in the house the 2nd time, but the firefighter met him with a bat or something and they ended up in a fight for their lives that lasted long enough the firefighter had to yell for his wife to help.
She killed him by stabbing him multiple times in the back with a kitchen knife. They are pretty messed up physically and emotionally and the fact is that firefighter might be dead if his wife wasn't there with a knife.

Now had the firefighter had a shotgun or pistol, he never would have had to struggle to keep his life that night.

And this type of thing happens a lot here.

I keep a .40Cal with Hornady Critical Defense hollows avaialble when I sleep.
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Doc » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:06 pm

I don't seem to have that issue in my neighborhood.
Sometimes I have to yell at middle school kids to get out of my yard.
But that's about it.

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Previous

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)