Change font size   Print view

House Hunting

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Gazsurf

House Hunting

Postby Tex » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:44 pm

Found a pretty dope crib out on NE 65th and Mason- literally 40 blocks from my soon to be old house. Its new construction town home and the builder did a great job on the design. Anyway- just found out tonight that the mortgage company has approved my loan. I am pretty stoked on on that. And....the appraisal came in 23k OVER what I paid for it. So that is pretty cool. Most important- 2 minutes from Fire on the Mountain, that could be a bad thing I guess. So I move in on 2/7. Thus concluding a 9 month process of prepping my house, selling my house, looking for a new house, getting a loan approved and moving 40 blocks east. Never thought it would take that effing long.
Tex
a legend in his own brine

Re: House Hunting

Postby BOX » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:01 pm

Congrats, Tex! That's awesome. I know how stressful house buying can be. I just bought one myself a few weeks ago. Moved in last weekend. I'll be down in Waldport now. I'll miss being less than 10 minutes from the local break, but a 20-30 minute drive north still isn't that bad.

I hope this new home purchase will put a smile on your face during the tough time you've been going through lately. Congrats again and good luck with the move!
BOX
I wax the bottom of my board

Postby Howly Wolf » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:05 pm

Now that that's settled, will we see a few more surf reports from you, Tex? :wink:
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
Ten barrel mullet

Postby Tex » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:17 pm

Howly- that is most definitely the plan....as always, I appreciate your laser focus and help keeping my priorities in line. You the man!
Tex

Postby Tex » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:19 pm

BOX- I dont even know what i would do if I lived 30 minutes from a break. Well, I actually used to live in Manzanita...surfed every damn day bro! Glad your move went well.
Tex

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)