Change font size   Print view

Aglets

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Aglets

Postby Spent » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:55 am

The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Re: Aglets

Postby Tex » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:03 pm

Spent- you have been on quite the tear with fun facts over the past week. What has inspired all this divine knowledge dropping?
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby Howly Wolf » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:44 pm

My theory is that Spent's anti-narrative is rooted in nihilism. Perhaps he gazed too long into the abyss of the OSP and, overwhelmed by a crisis of purpose, adopted Dada to counter the meaninglessness of an antiquated forum. But gone are the days of "Karawane". What, after all, is absurdity when The President (whose name I can't recall at the moment) unspools impromptu strings of psychobabble on a daily basis? No, sound poetry has no place in this political moment. The post-fact era demands an inversion of absurdity itself, a proposition linguists refer to as quod impar or "wacky fact". In this essay I will
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Spent » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:00 am

Ha ha. That's not too far off the mark, Howly and also worthy of response.

That, plus my OSP history is pock-marked with holes I can't dig myself out of.

Not sure what it is about this place that brings out the nonsense. It is a safe space for all manner of virtual experimentation but you guys are just too good natured and positive these days.
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby Tex » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:29 pm

Spent,

I wonder about your last comment....I remember when we had a ton more folks on here and there certainly was an element of debate and different types of energy. Did people drift off because of the "heat" if you will that was part of the dialogue and story? Did people drift off because there was not enough vitriol on posts? Was the vitriol the thing that kept everyone at a higher level of stimulation?

Regarding your history on OSP, I really wonder how deep you have to go to get fully buried to the extent you cant get out?

I think it all boils down to the fact that we are all being reduced to 40 characters and any pictures we want to post? Neither of that really flys well on the OSP.

OSP is the last remaining "long form" on-line content machine for surfing and all things Off-Topic. Some people are still willing to take some actual real time to compose thoughts and share them. They admittedly seem rather positive in nature these days but I do not feel we are trapped in that positive energy. Bring some heat spent, worst thing that happens is we may get a couple new folks to join the conversation.
Tex

Postby Howly Wolf » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:16 pm

I came here to do two things: Write surf reports and talk shite on Cosube.

And I'm all out of surf reports :twisted:
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
baitfish expert

Postby Tex » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:09 pm

I think all of us on the OSP support your position on Cosube Howly so rant on my friend! You will probably get more "Amens" than F Yous!
Tex

Postby Betty » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:35 am

It's never gonna be the same. Somewhere along the line I became politically correct.
The service here sucks.
Betty
coffee WAS my drug of choice

Postby Tex » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:08 pm

Betty, always a pleasure to have you visit this crusty old outpost, happy for any shred of a thought you feel compelled to share. Not sure if you are tracking but Spent finally "quit" this surf dungeon....hopefully not forever. I got a couple of sweet seshions at "Spin" and the "Spire" last OCT. You getting some water time these days?
Tex

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)