Change font size   Print view

JRO

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Gazsurf

JRO

Postby Tex » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:50 pm

Anybody here listen to Joe Rogan podcasts? If so, would love your take on his interviews.
Tex
a legend in his own brine

Re: JRO

Postby Howly Wolf » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:33 pm

I've heard plenty of opinions of his podcast, have not formed one of my own. Does he interview surfers? I'd listen to that.

A podcast I do listen to is Finding Mastery because I want to surf my best and live my best life. There's some nuggets in that archive for sure. One of my fave episodes, coincidentally related to another off topic post, is an interview with UFC champ, Vitor Belfort, about overcoming fear. It's insightful, insane, and inspiring -- or at least it resonated with me and I'm oblivious to the world of MMA. Lots of other gems too; the interview with Nic Lamb and Ian Walsh are great as well. There's one with Kai Lenny, but I haven't listened to that one yet.
howl can be?
Howly Wolf
Ten barrel mullet

Re: JRO

Postby Tex » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:06 pm

Very cool Howly- I will definitely check that out. I do know that Joe has interviewed Laird Hamilton and Kelly Slater. Apparently Kelly is a knowledgeable MMA fan too, who knew?

I actually like some of the science based interviews that Joe has done....really cool stuff.
Tex
a legend in his own brine

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)