Change font size   Print view

Next Surf Rig

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Re: Next Surf Rig

Postby Tex » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:19 am

My oldest wants to be a pro in the UFC, he might make it for a while. My youngest wants to be a utility lineman, job security for life....if he sticks with that, he could be earning $200k per year easy....no college degrees required. Thats what ChatGPT is for anyway.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Postby Major Lazer » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:34 pm

Nice. My Grandad was a lineman in the 50s until he fried all his fingers off. Hard work and that salary seems high, but not sure these days. With grid modernization and AI and ML assisting and troubleshooting grid issues, I wonder if that industry will require the same workforce it does now. Regardless there will always be a need for linemen and the energy industry is for sure a good one. Provided me a paycheck for many years and through 2 pretty big ressions. Although I recently applied and interviewed for a job back in it that I did not get, specifically for a step up in pay grade, don't really miss it.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby Tex » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:28 pm

ALL HIS FINGERS??? Damn dude, thats kinda heavy. Let me know if you want any intros back in the energy space ML, happy to help if I can.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Previous

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)